Kalpana Chawla, the name itself carries a lot of inspiration to many; especially young girls who believe in dreaming big and working towards making them come true! The Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme, also popularly known as Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana offers meritorious scholarships to girls who have completed their class 12th and aspire to do further studies in order to achieve their dreams. The government of Himachal Pradesh offers this inspiring scholarship. The Board of school education provides the list of meritorious students to be considered for the scholarship.
This article deals with Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Scheme in comprehensive detail. We discuss every parameter associated with the scholarship including the key dates, eligibility criteria for applying to scholarships, the application process in detail, greater rewards and benefits obtained by selected students, selection process, renewal process of scholarship, important documents required for the issue of scholarship, important FAQs and contact details.
Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Government of Himachal Pradesh|
|Scholarship Name||Kalpana Chawla Scholarship|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 15000 (Max)|
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship – Key Dates
In the first section, let us first look into the important dates required to be noted down with respect to Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme. Candidates have to keep track of these dates as any delay in applying shall lead to rejection of applications.
|Important Event||Important Dates|
|Commencement of application process||Mid of August 2020|
|Deadline to submit an application||Mid of October 2020|
|Defective verification process deadline||Mid of November 2020|
|Institute verification deadline||Mid of November 2020|
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Next, we discuss the most important aspect of this scholarship, mainly the eligibility criteria and associated conditions. Owing to these conditions, all eligible conditions should be catered to. Failing these conditions, candidates may not seek further processing of their applications.
- Female candidates who are domiciled in Himachal Pradesh may apply.
- Other state candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have cleared their class 12 exams with good merit scores from the Himachal Pradesh board of school education only.
- There is no restriction on the branch of study. A candidate could be from the arts/ science or commerce streams.
- Further, the candidate needs to be pursuing a further degree course in professional/ technical or normal courses in government or government aided or private institutions recognized by the board of Himachal Pradesh.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
All eligible candidates whose names have been published by the education board as deserving candidates and further if they wish to apply for this scholarship shall follow the detailed application procedure to apply. The following guidelines need to be kept in mind:
- Candidate has to visit the official portal of NSP or National scholarship portal.
- As a new candidate aspiring for the scholarship, he/she needs to register themselves first.
- Before stepping on to register, carefully read the instructions and guidelines list.
- After registration, your login details are created.
- For purposes of verification, candidates shall receive an OTP on their mobile number.
- Use the login ID and password for all future references.
- Log into the website again and directly go to the application section.
- Select the basic details such as scholarship type, category, name, age, date of birth, the domicile of a candidate, contact details etc.
- Candidates also need to furnish their bank account details.
- Next, candidates need to provide their details towards self-identification etc.
- Furthermore, upload required documents in the appropriate section.
- After validation of all details entered, submit the application form.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship – Rewards and Benefits
Suitable candidates whose applications get selected for this scholarship shall receive lucrative benefits from the HP government as financial aid towards their higher education. INR 15,000 as financial grant shall be provided to top 2000 girls with outstanding marks and merit achievement.
Candidates have the opportunity to renew this scholarship grant till the completion of their course, provided they cater to certain important conditions.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Selection Process
The Kalpana Chawla Chatravriti Yojana follows a two phase selection process for meritorious candidates who have applied for scholarships.
- The first phase involves an OSE or online scholarship exam. Candidates who successfully clear the first round shall move to the next round of selection.
- In the second round, a personal interview could be conducted for successful candidates.
Kalpana Chawla Scholarship Renewal
Candidates have to abide by these rules and regulations in order to be eligible for renewal of their scholarships:
- Candidates have to maintain consistent academic and attendance records every year till the completion of their course to be eligible for renewal.
- Candidates are recommended for scholarships based on the report submitted by the education board of Himachal Pradesh.
In the following steps, we explain the steps for renewal:
- Log into NSP with registered candidate credentials.
- Enter the renewal application section.
- Enter important data requested in the renewal application.
- Upload documents if any.
- Submit the renewal application form.
Key Documents For Kalpana Chawla Scholarship
The most important documents required to be submitted along with the online application include the following:
- Recent passport size photo
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Candidate’s fee receipts obtained from a respective educational institution
- Candidate’s bank account details [ Latest bank statement/ passbook]
- Bonafide certificate from the educational institution where a candidate is studying
- Mark sheets and certificate of the qualifying exam
- Mark sheets of the last exam passed.
- Print copy of online submitted application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is offering the Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme?
The government of Himachal Pradesh is offering the Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme.
- I am doing my graduation in B.Sc from a correspondence college. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No. Candidates who have taken admission into regular courses after their class 12 only are eligible to apply. Distance and online courses not applicable.
- What is the scholarship amount?
INR 15,000 per annum is the scholarship amount provided for selected girl candidates.
- What is the bank details required for applying to Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme?
Bank account number, name of the account holder, branch name and address, IFSC code are the minimal bank details required.
- I have made wrong entries in the form I submitted; can I submit another application in the same year?
Candidates have to be careful while entering details as no modifications can be done once the form is submitted. Also, multiple application submissions towards a single candidate shall be out rightly rejected.
For further details on Kalpana Chawla scholarship scheme, the following contact details need to be kept in mind:
Contact number: 0120- 6619540
Address: M.S.Negi, J T Director, Higher education/ government officer scholarship, Government of Himachal Pradesh.