Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern provides comprehensive details related to the entrance test. Karnataka PGCET, a state-level entrance test shall be administered by the Karnataka Examination Authority to grant admission into several PG programmes. Candidates getting cleared in the entrance test shall be offered admission in MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech and other programmes at various institutions located at Karnataka. This article is aimed at rendering all relevant information regarding the Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern 2021.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the exam pattern via online mode on the website. The KEA shall publish the Exam Pattern of Karnataka PGCET 2021. The detailed exam pattern of several PG programmes is enlisted below:
- Karnataka PGCET 2021 entrance exam shall be supervised via offline mode.
- The question paper for various streams under M.Tech Programme contains 75 questions.
- Multiple choice questions shall be present in the exam paper. The MBA programme entrance exam consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The duration given to solve the question paper is 150 minutes.
- The MCA Programme entrance exam consists of 80 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The question paper is split into 2 parts – Part A and Part B.
- Part A covers 60 questions, and Part B covers 20 questions.
- The question paper medium is in the English language.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Marking Scheme
In the below section, the marking scheme of Karnataka PGCET 2021 is disclosed:
- The questions paper for MCA, M.Tech and MBA programme is set for 100 marks. Each question carries 1 mark.
- In MCA Programme question paper, each Part A question carries 1 mark, and each Part B question carries 2 marks.
- No negative marking is applied for wrong answers.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2021 syllabus is fabricated by the Karnataka Examination Authority for Karnataka PGCET 2021 entrance exam. Candidates are advised to check out the entire entrance exam syllabus for MBA, M.Tech, MCA and other programmes. The syllabus shall be released on the official website. The entrance exam syllabus varies for different courses. In the below section, the syllabus for the M.Tech Programme for different streams is enclosed.
For M.Tech Programme (Civil Engineering):
Topics covered in the syllabus are Building Engineering Science, Elements of Civil Engineering and Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying, Geotechnical Engineering, Structures, Transportation Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering, Irrigation, Hydrology.
For M.Tech Programme (Chemical Engineering):
Topics covered in the syllabus are Momentum Transfer, Process Calculations, Heat Transfer, Mechanical Operations, Material Science, Thermodynamics, Process Control and Instrumentation, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Process Industries, Industrial pollution control, Process modelling, Mass Transfer Operations.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Karnataka PGCET 2021 preparation tips are provided below for candidates preparing for the exam to aim and score well.
- Refer to the entire syllabus and pattern before developing a study schedule.
- Previous year questions papers and sample papers can be downloaded and solved to know the model of the question paper and question type.
- Note down the formulas and important concepts in the form of short notes to revise every day.
- Read from only prescribed author’s textbook and study materials.
- Candidates can also seek help from online platforms in case of any doubt or for wide knowledge.
- A balanced diet is compulsory, as taking care of health is more important during these study times.
- Make sure to follow the 8-hour sleep schedule.