KCET Exam Pattern 2021 is composed of details related to the exam such as question weightage, type of questions, syllabus etc. The Karnataka Common Entrance Test called as KCET is a state level examination administered by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority). Candidates must qualify in this entrance exam also referred to as Karnataka CET. The qualified candidates shall be granted admission in several engineering, pharmacy and other professional courses at various colleges, institutes situated at Karnataka. The detailed information related to the Karnataka CET Exam Pattern 2021 is specified in this article for candidates’ perusal.
KCET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates can refer to the KCET 2021 Exam Pattern from the website. The exam pattern enlists the details related to the exam, such as the type of questions, marks weightage, mode of exam, etc. The comprehensive exam pattern is clearly explained in the below section:
- The KCET exam shall be supervised via offline mode, i.e. pen and paper-based test.
- Candidates shall be offered admission into engineering, technology, pharmacy, Ayurveda, homeopathy and other science courses.
- The questions shall be formulated from topics under the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology. Candidates are recommended to select any one subject from Mathematics & Biology.
- The question paper is made up of objective type questions.
- The duration provided to solve each section is 80 minutes. The exam shall be handle in two sessions, namely, morning slot (10:30 AM to 11:50 AM) and Afternoon slot (2:30 PM to 3:50 PM).
- The question paper medium is in the English language. Candidates can also opt the Kannada language as a medium.
- The appearing candidates can use either black or blue ballpoint pen to mark the answers.
- One mark is provided for each question.
- Negative marking system does not exist in this entrance exam. If multiple answers are provided by the candidate for a single question, then that question shall be considered wrong.
- Additionally, Language Test shall be conducted for Bangalore candidates and Agriculture Practical Test shall be organized for agriculture candidates.
Section-wise Question Weightage
The below tabulation discloses the section-wise weightage of questions and the corresponding marks in the KCET exam:
|Section||Number of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|Kannada (if applicable)||50||50||60|
KCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Some of the tips and tricks for interested candidates preparing for KCET examination are listed below:
- Candidates can develop a proper study plan keeping the pattern and syllabus in mind.
- Challenging topics must be concentrated first and then progress towards the easier ones.
- Prepare from prescribed author’s textbooks and study materials as referring too many books can lead to confusion.
- Previous year question papers and sample exam papers are available on various websites, and so candidates can try solving the papers.
- Practice mock tests regularly to enhance time management skills.
- Follow a balanced diet every day and include more nuts and fruits in your diet.
- 8-hour sleep schedule must be mandatorily maintained.