KCET 2021: The full form of KCET is Karnataka Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by KEA in the third week of April 2021 to offer seats into Engineering (B.Tech), Architecture, B. Pharm & various other professional courses. Qualified students will be allotted admission to various private / government colleges in Karnataka. Candidates seeking admission in the medical/ dental or Ayush courses will be selected based on their NEET marks and those candidates seeking admission into architecture courses must have a valid score in NATA / JEE Main paper two exams. The given article discusses in detail about the KCET 2021 examination.
Courses Offered by KCET
Here candidates can go through the courses that are offered by KCET
- B.Tech (in Agriculture Engineering, Dairy Technology, Food Technology, Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- B.Sc. (Home Science)
- B.Sc (Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Sericulture), B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- B. Pharm
KCET 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can read the following table to know about the KCET exam and the events regarding it:
|Application form releases||4th week of January 2021|
|Deadline for application||1st week of March 2021|
|Deadline for the application fee||1st week of March 2021|
|Correction window available||1st week of March 2021|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2021|
|Date of KCET 2021 exam||3rd week of April 2021|
|Result announced||Last week of May 2021|
|Counselling process commences||2nd week of June 2021|
KCET 2021 Application Form
The below points to discuss in detail regarding KCET 2021 application form:
- KCET 2021 application form will be accessible from the fourth week of January 2021 via online.
- Candidates must give their educational, personal, academic details etc. in the application form.
- Deadline to apply will be till the first week of March 2021.
- Upload scanned photographs, signature & left-hand thumb impressions of the candidates while filling the application form in the prescribed JPG/JPEG format.
- Editing the application form in case of any correction may be allowed by the authority.
- Once the application fee is remitted, the application form will be considered complete.
- Students are asked to take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
- Mode of payment: Payment can be made both via online & offline mode.
- Students from outside India should pay the fee via D.D. in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority that is payable at Bangalore.
|GM/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A / 3B candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST Category-1 / Females of Karnataka candidates only||Rs. 250|
|Outside India candidates||Rs. 5,000|
|Outside Karnataka state candidates||Rs. 750|
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read KCET 2021 eligibility criteria before applying:
- Nationality: Must be an Indian citizen.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who are in their final year appearing for their qualifying exam can also apply although they must submit the documents at the counselling time.
|B.V. Sc. & A.H.|
KCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the KCET 2021 exam pattern from below:
- Mode of exam: It will be conducted offline.
- Type of questions: MCQ type question
- Duration of exam: 80 minutes per subjects.
- Maximum marks: Total 180 marks of which 60 marks each section.
- Marking scheme: For each correct response, one mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: No negative marking.
The marks distribution of KCET 2021 is given below:
KCET 2021 Syllabus
KCET Syllabus is prescribed by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority). Based on the topic of 1st & 2nd PUC syllabus formulated by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State, the question will be set accordingly. Based on the PCM/B or other subjects’ candidates should prepare.
KCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are a few tips to score best in the KCET exam:
- Organize timetable & start preparing three months prior at least
- Make use of sticky notes & flashcards for remembering better.
- Revise with regular intervals.
- Practice mock tests & test papers.
- Make sure to know the syllabus & important chapters.
- Follow a healthy regime.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
KCET 2021 Admit card will be available online from the second week of April 2021. Admit card is a must for candidates to enter the examination hall. Candidates are advised to bring one photo I.D., in addition, to admit card to enter the examination centre. Candidates are advised to read the information’s in the admit card, in case of mistakes they should be reported to the authorities.
KCET 2021 Answer Key
KCET 2021 Answer key will be released twice via online by KEA of which first will be provisional answer key & then final answer key. In case of any complaints against the answer key published, candidates can raise an objection to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore”. Complaints against the answer key must be submitted with supporting documents on or before the date given by the authorities via speed post/ email.
KCET 2021 Result
KCET 2021 Result will be published in the last week of May 2021 via online. According to the marks secured by the candidates, the merit list will be published. Students can send a mail to KEA in case of any difficulties.
KCET 2021 Counselling
KCET 2021 counselling will commence from the second week of June 2021 via online. Based on the seat available candidates will get admission. Qualified students must submit original & photocopies of documents along with the allotment letter to the college allotted. There will be a minimum of 15 helpline centres in the state for verification of documents. Candidates will be given the choice of their own to opt.