KEAM Exam Pattern 2021 includes the syllabus, marking scheme, question paper type, exam mode, and time duration. The KEAM 2021 exam, a state-level examination shall be directed by CEE (Commissioner of Entrance Examination). Candidates must qualify in this entrance exam to gain admissions in several engineering & pharmacy courses at Kerala’s various colleges and institutions. No specific entrance examination shall be handled for Medical, B. Arch and Allied Courses. Admission into Architecture courses is given by evaluating NATA 2021 scores. For Medical courses, admission is given by evaluating NEET 2021 scores. This article encloses all the relevant details related to the KEAM 2021 Exam Pattern.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2021
KEAM 2021 Exam pattern is disclosed in the below section comprising some important details related to the examination:
- KEAM is organised to provide admission into engineering courses and pharmacy.
- The examination contains 2 papers for engineering course.
- The KEAM 2021 exam medium is English. Instructions in the question paper are provided in the English language.
- The exam is scheduled to be conducted in the last week of April 2021.
- Paper 1 is formulated with questions under Physics & Chemistry, and Paper 2 is formulated with questions under Mathematics.
- Each engineering paper comprises 120 objective type questions.
- Each question is given five optional answers (A, B, C, D or E), out of which one right answer must be chosen.
- OMR answer sheet shall be distributed to the candidates. The answer to the questions must be marked in the OMR answer sheet. The exam shall be supervised in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper mode.
- Duration of 150 minutes (2 ½ hours) is rendered to solve each paper.
- The exam is set for 480 marks.
- 4 marks shall be allocated for each question.
- 1 mark shall be cut for each wrong answer. No marks shall be reduced for unanswered questions, but if multiple answers are marked for a single question, a negative mark shall be provided.
The tabulation enlisted below represents the subject-wise question count:
|Stream||Papers and Subjects||Duration||No. of Questions|
|Engineering||Paper 1: Physics & Chemistry||Each paper must be solved within 2½ hour||Each paper contains 120 questions|
|Paper 2: Mathematics|
Important Note: Candidate seeking admission into B. Pharma Course is expected to attempt Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM Syllabus 2021
KEAM 2021 Syllabus shall be fabricated by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). The syllabus covers Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examinations curriculum. The syllabus of KEAM is composed of topics from the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must refer the syllabus from the website in order to begin exam preparation. Some of the topics under the above-mentioned subjects are listed in the below section.
- Physics: Topics include Gravitation, Waves, Electrostatics, Work, Energy and Power, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Atomic Nucleus etc.
- Mathematics: Topics include Statics, Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometric, Geometry and much more.
- Chemistry: Topics include Thermodynamics, Hydrocarbon, Solutions and States of Matter etc.