KEAM 2021: KEAM is state level entrance test conducted to admission in Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Architecture/ Medical & Allied courses by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. The examination will be conducted once every year. Candidates qualifying KEAM entrance examination will get be allotted seats into various colleges in the state of Kerala. Candidates seeking admissions in architecture, medical & allied health sciences including agriculture, must secure & qualify NATA / NEET. Given below are details containing information such as exam dates, application form, criteria for eligibility, exam pattern, etc. of KEAM 2021.
- Engineering Courses: B.Tech [including B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering/ Food Engineering & Technology/ Dairy Technology/ Food Technology)]
- Medical Courses: MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS
- Pharmacy Courses: B. Pharm
- Allied Courses: B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry, BVSc & AH, BFSc
- Architecture Courses: B. Arch
KEAM 2021 Exam Dates
The table given below contains information regarding KEAM Exam Dates.
|Application form commences||1st week of February 2021|
|Deadline of application||Last week of February 2021|
|Deadline to submit application with necessary certificates||Last week of February 2021|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2021|
|KEAM 2021 Exam||4th week of April 2021|
|Answer key published||4th week of April 2021|
|Result published||3rd week of May 2021|
|Counselling commences||4th week of June 2021|
KEAM 2021 Application Form
Students are advised to read the details about KEAM 2021 Application Form:
- KEAM 2021 application form will be ready to access via online from the first week of February 2021.
- The deadline for registration is till the last week of February 2021.
- Candidates must fill the necessary details such as email ID, phone number, qualification, age, etc. correctly while completing the application form to avoid the chance of rejection.
- Candidates must upload necessary documents in the format prescribed in the application form.
- The authority will allow the correction window in the application form during the verification of documents.
- Candidates must take a hard copy of the submitted application form for future references.
- The submission of the application fee can be done via online & offline means.
- Online payment can be done via debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Offline mode can be done via e-Challan at all Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash.
- Candidates opting Dubai as their exam centre would have to pay a fee of Rs.12,000 via online as an extra fee.
The table below has the fee structure:
|Courses||General candidates||SC candidates||ST candidates|
|Engineering only/ B. Pharm only/both||Rs. 700||Rs. 300||Excluded|
|Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/both||Rs. 500||Rs. 200||Excluded|
|Both (a) & (b)||Rs. 900||Rs. 400||Excluded|
KEAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for KEAM exam, all candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria.
- Must be a citizen of India. OCI/ PIO candidates can also apply.
- Those candidates wanting to get a seat in Professional Degree courses will be classified as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK – I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK – II).
- Must complete 17 years of age as on the 31st December of a year of admission.
- There will be no upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharma courses.
- Must pass 12th level with at least 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50 % marks in PCM together OR
- Must pass +2 Examination with a minimum of 45% marks for Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- Must pass 12th from a recognized board with Mathematics as a subject scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate OR
- 10+2 Diploma (any stream) with minimum 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a mandatory subject in the examination OR
- Candidates should possess an International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling with a minimum mark of 50% aggregate & mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- Candidates seeking admission in the B. Arch course must pass and secure a valid NATA 2021 score.
Medical & Allied Courses
- MBBS/ BDS/ BSMS: Candidates should pass with PCB/ Biotechnology subjects in the 12th scoring minimum of 50% marks in Biology/ Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in PCB/Biotechnology put together.
- BUMS: Must pass 12th level with PCB subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in PCB subjects and 50% marks in Biology separately.
- BAMS/ BHMS: Candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects in 12th level scoring minimum 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in PCB subjects together.
- BVSc & AH: Students should secure a minimum of 50% marks in PCB subjects.
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc: Candidates must pass 12th level with a minimum of 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects put together. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for eligible.
- B.Pharma: Candidates should score 12th level with a minimum of 50% marks in Biology/ Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in PCMB put together.
KEAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to read the instruction regarding KEAM 2021 exam pattern:
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
- Questions Type: The questions will be in the Multiple Choice Questions format (MCQ)
- Time: Exam will be conducted for 150 minutes.
- Examination Mode: The examination will be conducted offline.
- Papers: It will contain two paper 1(Physics & Chemistry) & Paper 2 (Mathematics)
- Max marks: The question paper will contain marks worth 480.
- B. Pharma course: The question paper will have Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering syllabus.
|Papers||Subjects||Time Allotted||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||150 min||120|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||150 min||120|
KEAM 2021 Syllabus
The KEAM 2021 syllabus will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from 12th class syllabus. It will be prescribed by the CEE, Kerala which will be available online. For each course, the syllabus will vary.
KEAM 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are few tips for the candidates to prepare better for KEAM Exam.
- Schedule a time table and follow it.
- Teach the concepts to your friends.
- Learn from the textbooks prescribed by teachers.
- Work out previous question papers & sample papers.
- Make notes& revise them regularly.
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Follow a healthy regimen.
- Sleep well at least for 8 hours.
KEAM 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be available online from the second week of April 2021. Admit card is a must for candidates to attend the exam. Candidates must bring one valid ID proof issued by the Government of India at the time of exam along with the admit card.
KEAM 2021 Answer Key
KEAM 2021 Answer key for engineering examination will be released on the official website in the fourth week of April 2021. Candidates can raise objections against answer key by submitting supporting documents along with a fee of Rs 100/- per question through DD to CEE in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
KEAM 2021 Result
The authority will release the KEAM 2021 results via online in the third week of June 2021 or before it. The scorecard can be downloaded by logging in application number & username. Candidate can check their scores by logging in their credentials using application number and password. Rank list will be published for Engineering, Architecture, B. Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) and Ayurveda. The notification will be published in the fourth week of May 2021.
KEAM 2021 Counselling
Counselling procedure will be conducted via online from the fourth week of June 2021 by authority once the results are declared after the examination of KEAM is over. The counselling process will have a common counselling window held online by CEE. Candidates who are qualified will get admission into various courses via Single window system (SWS).