KEAM 2021 Syllabus consists of various subjects, namely Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. The central organizing authority of the Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (KEAM) examination is the commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. KEAM is a state-level entrance examination. The entrance is conducted to provide admissions for students into various disciplines in Engineering and pharmacy programs. Qualified students of this entrance test will get admissions in government and private institutions. Candidates can check the complete details regarding the KEAM syllabus 2021 via this article.
KEAM 2021 Syllabus
KEAM entrance examination will be conducted in the fourth week of April 2021. KEAM 2021 syllabus will consist of topics from the Higher secondary test or the intermediate equivalent examination. KEAM syllabus will contain topics covered from various subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates can check the detailed KEAM 2021 syllabus in the article.
- Introduction & Management
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two or Three Dimension
- Laws of Motion, Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body Rotation
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solid & Fluids
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves, Optics
- Dual Nature of Matters & Radiations
- Atomic Nucleus
- Solids & Semiconductor Devices
- Principles of Communication Devices
- Basic Concepts & Atomic Structure: Laws of chemical combination, Atomic Structure.
- Bonding & Molecular Structure
- States of Matters: Gaseous state, Liquid State, Solid State.
- Periodic Properties of Elements & Hydrogen: Classifications of Element & Hydrogen.
- S-Block Elements & Principles of Metallurgy: Alkali metals, Alkaline earth metals, Principles of metallurgy.
- P-Block Elements: General characteristics of p-block elements, Boron, Silica, Group 18 elements, xenon.
- D- and F- Block Elements: d-Block elements, f-Block Elements: Lanthanides & Actinides.
- Thermodynamics: System and surrounding, First law of thermodynamics, the second law of thermodynamics.
- Chemical Equilibrium: Physical and chemical equilibria, Equilibria involving chemical systems, Concepts of acids and bases.
- Solutions: Types of solutions, Colligative properties.
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry: Oxidation and reduction, Faraday’s electrolysis laws, Corrosion and its prevention.
- Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry
- Co-ordination Compounds & Organometallic
- Basic Principles, Purification & Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Hydrocarbons: Alkanes and cycloalkanes, Alkenes and alkynes, Aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Organic Reaction Mechanism: Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Common types of organic reactions.
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Halogens, Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Polymers & Biomolecules
- Environmental Chemistry & Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Number, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction, Matrices and Determinants, Linear Inequations, Mathematical Logic & Boolean Algebra.
- Trigonometry Functions & Inverse Trigonometry Functions
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Lines, and Family of lines, Circles and Family of circles, Conic sections, Vector, Three Dimensional Geometry.
- Statistics and probability.
- Functions, Limit & Continuity, Differentiation, Application of Derivatives, Indefinite Integrals, Definite Integrals, Differential Equations.
KEAM Exam Pattern
Each subjects’ weightage in the entrance examination will be in the given ratio that is 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry topics, respectively, for the engineering entrance test. Candidates who have applied for the engineering stream must attend two papers. Paper one will consist of questions asked from Physics and Chemistry, and Paper two consist of Mathematics. Students will get 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the question paper.
KEAM 2021 Exam Pattern will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions objective based questions. For every correct answer and responses, the students will be awarded four marks for every question in the Engineering exam case. One mark will be reduced for each incorrect answer.