The term Kerala Public Service Commission is also referred to as Kerala PSC. It is a commission that has created by the Constitution of India. The ambitious of Kerala Public Service Commission is to choosing competent and eligible candidates for different civil services in Kerala.
This commission was established in the year 1956 as an autonomous body that is liable to conduct state Civil Services Examination. The interested candidates for Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment can check the eligibility in term of Age, Qualification, etc., Application Procedure, Admit card, pattern, and Syllabus from the following article.
The information contains by this article is accurate and will give the candidate the required knowledge about this exam. To get more knowledge about this exam, the candidates are requested to take the help of the official web portal of Kerala Public Service Commission i.e. keralapsc.gov.in.
Kerala PSC Exam 2019 Important Dates
|Starting date for submission of Online application||31st January 2019|
|Last date for submission of Online application||6th March 2019|
|Date of issue of Admit card||Will update soon|
|Date of Prelim examination||Will update soon|
|Date of Main examination||Will update soon|
|Date of final result||Will update soon|
Kerala PSC Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It should be noted that eligibility criteria will be different for all categories. The candidates are considered to check and rely upon as per their category. Moreover, only those candidates are recommended to fill up their application form those are eligible for the same, else their applications would not consider valid.
As per Nationality
- The interested candidates should be the Indian citizen.
As per Educational Qualification
- The interested candidates must have obtained SSLC, +2, Diploma, Graduate, B.Com, Engineering from recognized board or university. Moreover, they should have scored above than 60%.
As per Age Limit
- The candidate age limit should be between 21 to 28 years for all candidates except the reserved category.
- For OBC (Other Backward Class) candidates, the upper age relaxation is 5 years
- For SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) candidates, the upper age relaxation is 3 years
Kerala Public Service Commission exam 2019 application form
Once candidates considered themselves eligible for the Kerala PSC exam 2019, then the next step will be to fill up the application form to get entered over it. The Kerala Public Service Commission application forms have to fill by way of online-only as the offline mode is accepted any more.
It is suggested to take the help of official website. Let’s follow the following procedure while filling up the application of KPSC exam 2019.
First of all open the official website of KPSC keralapsc.gov.in to fill up the application form and Click Apply Now whilst applying for KPSC exam 2019.
Once you would able to download the form, fill all of the information requested over it such as personal details, educational qualifications, instructional info and so forth. It should be noted that wrong or incomplete detail within the applications form will consider incomplete.
Thus, the candidates are requested to check everything before doing the submission. Once done with writing all the details, upload your passport size photograph and signature and finally submit the application form.
Lastly, pay the application fee through NEFT, E-challan, Debit/ Credit cards. Moreover, the candidates can pay their application fee of Kerala PSC exam 2019 by way of online or offline.
Kindly note that the successful submission of an application form is essential to get admit cards of Preliminary and Main exam. Sometimes, the candidates are irresponsible to check whether the whole process of application done accurately. In this, their admit cards will not be issued.
Therefore, until you get an acknowledgement of your fee payment, you are not supposed to consider that your application form has been filled up successfully.
Kerala PSC Exam Admit card 2019
To download the admit cards before exams date are mandatory as, without it, you are not supposed to sit in the examination hall. To download Kerala Public Service Commission admit card, kindly follow the following procedure:
- Open the official web portal of KPSC, then log in to the registered credentials
- Navigate to admit card link 2019 and click on it and now fill up the required details.
- Finally, click on the submit button. Now, you will able to get your admit card downloaded for your Kerala PSC exam 2019.
Kerala PSC Exam Pattern
The KPSC exam 2019 will have three exams. All are mandatory to clear. For every correct answer, the candidate will score 1 mark and every wrong answer, they will lose 1/3 mark.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview or Personality test
1. Preliminary Exam
This exam of Kerala Public Service Commission will have Objective Type questions. The total marks contain by this exam is 100 and the duration will be 75 minutes. Kindly note that scores of this exam will not be added while declaring the final result but it is mandatory to clear it to get an entry in the Main exam.
Syllabus of Kerala PCS Preliminary exam
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|English Language (Vocabulary & Grammar)||25|
|Reasoning comprising quantitative SSLC Level Mathematics||25|
2. Main Examination
This exam will have 5 papers. It is compulsory to clear it as its marks will add while calculating the total marks.
Syllabus of Part-I exam
- Post-Independent Indian Polity
- Social and Cultural Movements in Kerala
- Cultural Heritage of India with emphasis on 20th century
Syllabus of the Part-II exam
- Kerala Economy
- Food Security
- Group Initiatives
- Role of Co-operatives
- Role of Non-Resident Indians
- Kerala Model Development
- Present Indian economy in the Global Environment
- Development and Environmental Issues
- Women Empowerment
Syllabus of the Part-III Exam
- A General Overview of the Indian Constitution
- Role of District Collectors in Administration – Situation Analysis
- Recent Land Laws enacted in Kerala
- Ecological Fragile Land Act, 2005
- 86th Amendment to the Constitution and Consequential Enactments
- Kerala Conservation of Paddy Land and Wet Land Act, 2008
- Kerala Protection of Riverbank and Regulation of removal of sand Act, 2001
- Decentralization in Administration – Local Self-Government
Syllabus of the Part-IV Exam
- General Awareness of the modern trends in life sciences
- Science and Technology: Space Technology, Information Communication Technology, etc.
Syllabus of the Part-V Exam
This paper will include ‘Data Appreciation, Problem Solving, and Essay Writing’. The total marks of the question paper will be 50. The total time will give to complete this exam is 60 minutes only.
Moreover, the participants can answer the questions either in English or in the Regional Languages, like Tamil, Malayalam, or Kannada but they need to give answers in the same language throughout the exam.
3. Interview or Personality test
Once done with the main exam, the next step will be an interview. This round would take by the officer’s appointed by the Kerala Public Service Commission. The marks obtained by this level will be added while declaring the final results.
Kerala Public Service Commission exam result in 2019
Kerala PSC result will be announced on the official website of KPSC. The candidates will able to check their results separately viz. Prelims, Mains, and interview.
Tips to crack Kerala PSC exam 2019
- There are many ways to crack this civil service exam even in the first attempt. Let’s know about these as all are essential to remember while preparing for this exam:
- The interested candidates are requested to create a timetable where they have to schedule the syllabus as well as duration left for the exam. For instance, if your exam will be after three months, it means your time table should have a complete schedule of 90 days. You have to divide as well as learn the syllabus in 90 days only.
- Make sure to indulge in the revision process. This step is not only significant but mandatory as well because without it you would get confused while attempting your exams. The fact is the revision process will make you confident and you can able to answer the questions accurately.
- Don’t forget to take the help of previous year question and papers as these will help you to know thoroughly about the exam pattern as well as weight allotted to each question. With this tactic, you would able to know about the level of difficulty as well. In a case, you would able to score well while practising the previous year’s question and papers, it means you would able to qualify this exam in the first attempt only.
- Make sure to believe in self-study. Do you know self-study is the best tactic to complete the entire syllabus within the deadline?
Only with a self-study, you can manage your pending syllabus within the time leftover for the exams. In case you depend on only coaching centres, then don’t consider you would able to complete the whole syllabus within times.
Hence, cracking of this KPSC civil service exam becomes simple if you would follow the above process along with remembering all the above tactics.
Good Luck 🙂