KPSC 2022: The full form of KPSC is Karnataka Public Service Commission. KPSC conducts state civil services exam for group cadres A, B and C vacancies, to recruit for various posts such as Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, Assistant Labour Commissioner, Tehsildar Grade II, Commercial Tax Officer, Assistant Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent of Excise, Assistant Director and Labour Officer. This article gives detail information about KPSC KAS 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application form process, admit card, recruitment, result and more.
KPSC KAS Exam 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
KPSC KAS 2022 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below all the tentative KPSC Exam Date 2022 for various events:
|Release of Official Notification||Last week of January 2022|
|Application Form commencement||Last week of January 2022|
|Last date for application form submission||Last week of February 2022|
|Last date to submit the application fee||1st week of March 2022|
|Date of the Examination||2nd week of May 2022|
|Declaration of Results||To be notified soon|
KPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following section describes the detailed KPSC KAS Exam eligibility criteria conditions.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidates have to compulsorily be residents of Karnataka state only.
- Education Qualification: Candidate must have completed Graduation or Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university of India. All qualifications that are equivalent to a three year bachelor’s degree from a recognised Indian university are also eligible.
- Age Limit: The age of the candidates should be between 21 years to 35 years. Different categories have different age limit according to the stipulations laid down by the commission.
- General Merit students: Upper age limit is 33 years.
- OBC category: Upper age limit is 35 years.
- SC/ST category: Upper age limit is 38 years.
- Age Relaxation: SC/ST categories enjoy age relaxation in upper limit up to 5 years. For Persons with Disabilities and Widows, the age relaxation in upper limit has been extended up to 10 years.
- Number of Attempts: The number of attempts for various categories laid down by the commission is given below:
- General Merit candidates enjoy a maximum of 5 attempts.
- OBC candidates enjoy a maximum of 7 attempts.
- SC/ST candidates enjoy an Unlimited number of attempts
KPSC 2022 Application Form
The KPSC 2022 application form can be sent only in the ONLINE mode. The commission shall not entertain any other modes of application submission. Please read all instructions provided in the official notification before making entries in the application form. Below we have provided step by step process to apply for KAS Exam 2022.
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- All new applicants have to first register themselves on the website.
- After registration, candidates will receive login ID and password.
- With the newly created login details, enter the homepage of the website and go to the application form section on the left-hand side of the portal.
- Enter all details correctly in the application form without making any mistakes.
- Verify for the correctness of entered data.
- Scan all the requisite documents and upload them in the required section.
- Scan the candidate’s photograph and signature. Upload them in the spaces requested.
- Pay the application fee.
- Verify all details again and submit your application form.
- After successful submission, candidates receive an acknowledgement.
- Download the acknowledgement and preserve it for future reference.
Candidates can pay the requisite fees in both ONLINE as well as OFFLINE modes. Candidates may make use of internet banking facilities or pay through credit/ debit card in the ONLINE mode. In OFFLINE mode, download fee payment challan from the official website. Enter details in the challan and make payment at any recognised SBI bank branch. Obtain acknowledgement/ fee receipt for the fee payment from the bank. Enter the fee receipt number in the online application form. The requisite application fees to be remitted along with the application form have been explained below in detail:
- Candidates belonging to General Merit – INR 100.
- OBC category – INR 100.
- SC/ST categories – No fees required.
- For physically challenged candidates and female applicants – No fee required.
KPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
Karnataka Civil Services is conducted in three stages of examination, namely, the Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview round. Below we have provided KAS Exam Pattern for Prelims, Mains and Interview in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- KAS Preliminary Exam consists of two papers (General Studies & Optional Subject) of Objective type.
- The language of the question paper will be English and Kannada (candidate can choose both of them).
- Each paper will be for 2 hours duration.
Mains Exam Pattern
- All candidates who obtain the minimum cut off marks in the preliminary round will receive a call to attend the Mains exam.
- The mains exam is entirely descriptive in nature, no objective-based questions.
- There are 9 papers to attempt, and all are compulsory. (2 Qualifying papers, 4 General papers and 2 Optional papers.)
- The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
- Total marks of KAS Mains exam is 1750 marks.
|Paper-III & IV||General Studies||300 Each|
|Paper-V, VI, VII & VIII||2 Optional Subject. Each subject will have two papers.||300 Each|
- Personal interview round would be conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- The combined marks of the Mains exam + Interview round shall determine the final scores of the candidate.
KPSC 2022 Syllabus
Below we have provided KAS Exam 2022 Syllabus in detail.
KAS Prelims Syllabus
Paper I – General Studies
- Indian history with more importance to the freedom struggle movement.
- World Geography and Indian geography
- Indian political system and civil administration hierarchy.
- Social and economic development measures of Indian government.
- Indian relations with neighbouring countries and international trade relations.
- Indian economy and monetary values.
Paper II – General Aptitude
- General awareness topics related to Karnataka administration.
- Questions pertaining to general mental ability.
- Mathematical problems and numerical.
- Logical reasoning and interpretation.
- Analytical reasoning and general thinking.
- Data interpretation skills.
- Data sufficiency problems.
KAS Mains Syllabus
Paper I – General Kannada [Qualifying Paper]
- General history and usage of Kannada language.
- Questions related to word formations.
- Definitions and critical descriptions as part of Kannada literature.
- Kannada vocabulary and grammar.
- Essay writing.
- Translation questions.
Paper II – General English [Qualifying Paper]
- English comprehension
- English grammar, language usage in different scenarios.
- Parts of speech.
- Precise and paragraph writing.
- English short essay writing.
- Sentence completion questions.
- Proverbs and Phrases.
Paper III – General Essay Paper
- Total of two essays in full description need to be attempted by the candidate.
- Candidate has a choice of language here. Essays can either be written in English or Kannada language.
- Each essay question carries a maximum of 150 marks, so total marks for essay round are 300 marks.
Paper IV – General Studies-I
- Indian history with focus on ancient civilizations that thrived during the medieval period.
- Cultural Background of India – art, poetry, literature, song and dance cultures.
- Latest trends in science and technology developments of the country.
- Indian secularism with celebrations of religious festivals and customs in the country.
- Indian freedom struggle movement.
Paper V – General Studies-II
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian political system and public administration concepts.
- Panchayat Raj system.
- Reforms in Indian bureaucracy and social framework of the country.
- Civil administration and ethics and values of government services.
Paper VI – General Studies-III
- Basic concepts of Science
- The rise and emergence of IT field in Indian software sector.
- Space science
- Distribution of minerals and energy sources in the country.
- Availability and natural resource distribution.
- Disaster and calamities and management by government.
- Village and rural empowerment.
Paper VII – General Studies-IV
- Core human values and ethics laid down in constitution.
- Public resource dissemination and public funds utilization.
- Human integrity, core values and compassion ethics.
- Work code expected of civil servants in our society.
- General aptitude and emotional IQ.
- Case studies on different impending issues.
- The personal interview round does not have a fixed syllabus and it entirely depends on the presentation, aptitude and intelligence of the aspiring candidate. However, some of the key points to be noted here are:
- Academic record of the candidate shall be considered for questioning. Choice of career chosen, list of training enrolled, and the reason for choosing the particular degree shall be discussed.
- Officer level skills would be assessed for a role as a civil servant.
- Other factors based on the grasping ability of the candidate, interpersonal and communication skills, observation and judgement skills would be worked out.
- Group discussion rounds are also crucial for every candidate and his decision-making abilities would be tested upon.
- Leadership abilities, logical aptitude and clarity in arguments plus a thorough knowledge of local and national level current affairs are very helpful.
KPSC 2022 Admit Card
All candidates appearing for KPSC 2022 should compulsorily carry admit card with them for verification. Without the admit card document, candidates cannot take up the exam. The admit card is an essential document having all the important candidate information like name, registration number, address, contact details, exam venue, location, exam center address, timings and dates. Below we have provided step by step process to download KPSC 2022 Admit Card.
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Check for the link to download the KPSC exam admit card.
- You will be guided to another screen where a list of exams would be provided, select the appropriate exam link and click on it.
- Enter your application number of registration number along with the date of birth details.
- Check if any other details are needed.
- Upon validation of data, the admit card shall be displayed.
- Check for correctness of data in the admit card.
- Download the admit card and preserve a hard copy to be taken to the exam hall.
KPSC 2022 Answer Key
The official answer keys are the answers to all the questions asked in the KPSC 2022. They provide an approximate estimation of the candidate’s score based on the level of attempt in comparison with the answer keys. A few days before the actual result publication, candidates can look out for answer keys on the official website in PDF format. Provisional answer keys are first released on the official website. Candidates may assess all answers for any objections in answers; they may approach authorities with proof. After clearing out all discrepancies, the final answer keys would be published in the official website again.
KPSC 2022 Result
Candidates can look out on the official website from time to time for updates on result announcement. After every round of Karnataka Civil Services Exam, results would be announced on the official website. Below we have provided step by step process to check KPSC 2022 Result
- Visit the official website – kpsc.kar.nic.in
- Click on ‘What’s New’ section of the homepage and check for result announcement.
- If results are announced, click on the link that provides the result sheet.
- You may need to key in details like application ID/ reference number and date of birth.
- Enter any Captcha code if given.
- Submit all details.
- Upon validation of details, result sheet will be displayed.
- Download/ save/ take a hard copy print out of the mark sheet displayed.
KPSC 2022 Cut Off
KPSC announces the cut off marks right after the display of results on the official website. They are the minimum qualifying marks a candidate has to obtain in order to seek entry into the next round of admission. Different categories have a different range of cut off marks. The cut off marks are not standard standalone marks; they vary every year. KPSC 2022 Cut off marks are dependent on a number of factors like the number of applicants, number of candidates attempting the exam, number of vacant positions, toughness of the examination, etc. Karnataka Public Service Commission decides the cut off marks for each year exclusively.
KPSC 2022 Exam Centers