Now every graduate in India can experience a prestigious career not only through the UPSC examination but also through the State Service Commission exams. Whether you are an MBA student or a graduate from any recognised college, or even working as a doctor or an engineer, all you can start a renounced job to have a settled life.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission also referred to as KPSC invites the application to recruit the candidates on the different posts. The fact is this commission offers the notification every year where only those candidates get their job, eligible for the same.
It is recommended to check your eligibilities before filling up the application for this exam, else your application will deny. This article covers all the eligibility criteria needs to be noticed before going towards the application process.
In this post, you would able to aware about the required qualification, age, and nationality, application form, admit card, exam pattern and syllabus, and tips to crack KPSC 2019 exam. If you would still need to know more about this exam, then you should open the official web portal of Karnataka Public Service Commission, i.e. kpsc.kar.nic.in.
Important Dates for KPSC 2019 exam
|Start date of the KPSC 2019 application process||11th February 2019|
|Last date to apply for the KPSC 2019 exam||12th March 2019|
|Last date of the application form payment||13th March 2019|
|Date of issue of admit cards||Will update soon|
|Date of KPSC Prelim exam 2019||Will update soon|
|Date of KPSC Main exam 2019||Will update soon|
|Date of declaration of result||Will update soon|
KPSC Eligibility Criteria
To crack Karnataka Public Service Commission exam 2019, the candidates should check the following mentioned criteria first, else their application will consider invalid for further processes:
As per Nationality
- The candidates should be a citizen of India.
As per Age Limit
- The age of the interested candidate should be between 21 to 35 years. It means, at the time of filling up the application form, his/her age should be above than 21 years and not more than 35 years.
- The Karnataka Public Service Commission has specified age relaxation as per category to attempt KPSC exam 2019:
- For SC/ST, the relaxation of age will be 5 years
- For OBS (Other Backward Classes), the relaxation of age will be 3 years
- For PH (Physically Handicapped), the relaxation of age will be 10 years
- For Widow candidates, the relaxation of age will be 10 years
It should be noted that relaxation will be given to all ex-serviceman as per the number of years of service rendered by them in the Armed forces of the Union.
Number of Attempts to crack KPSC 2019
- For SC/ST category candidates, there will be no limit to crack KPSC 2019 exam
- For OBC-Other Backward Caste category candidates, they can try for 7 times only.
- For General category candidates, there will be 5 attempts more attempts.
As per Educational Qualification
- The interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from some recognised institute or college or university.
- The candidates appearing in the final year are eligible to fill up their application forms as well as attempt KPSC Prelim exam but for attempting the Main exam, they should have their final results.
KPSC Application form 2019
All eligible candidates must need to fill Karnataka Public Service Commission exam application form 2019. Kindly note that KPSC 2019 Application Form should apply online as the offline mode is accepted now.
While filling up the KPSC application form, all candidates must keep in mind about the specified educational qualification, age limits, as well as different eligibility standards, else they will not consider to get entered for Karnataka Public Service Commission exam 2019.
For filling up the application form, the candidates are considered to write all the accurate details and make sure to check it once. For all the wrong information, the candidate will be liable himself. Moreover, once the application form Karnataka Public Service Commission 2019 exam will get completed, the next step will be to pay the application fee which is compulsory.
The application fee for KPSC exam 2019 has to pay as per categorised. It means Karnataka Public Service Commission describes the application fee as per category. The candidates are requested to check their application fee in the official web portal of Karnataka Public Service Commission, otherwise, their application will suppose incomplete. Moreover, the application fee should pay online through debit card, credit card, or other methods.
KPSC Exam Admit Card 2019
Admit cards are mandatory to attempt the KPSC Preliminary exam and the KPSC main exam. For this, the candidates need to download these by way of the official web portal named as kpsc.kar.nic.in. While downloading KPSC admit cards, the candidates have to follow the below steps:
- First, open the official web portal kpsc.kar.nic.in, then log in to the registered credentials
- Navigate to admit card link 2019
- Click on it and enter the requested details.
- Lastly, click on the submit button. After this, you will able to get your admit card downloaded.
KPSC 2019 Exam Pattern
To qualify the KPSC 2019 exam, there will be three rounds. All rounds will consider clearing to get eligible for a job in this commission.
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Interview or Personality test
Kindly note that the marks contain in Prelim exam will not be added while declaring the final results. But this round should be qualified to get eligible for the Main examination. Moreover, only the marks of the Main exam and interview rounds will add while declaring the final results.
1. Preliminary exam
Preliminary exam will be your first exam in your journey of KPSC exam 2019. It will have degree level standard. It will have two papers- Paper 1: General Studies which will have 150 marks and Paper 2: Optional Subject which will have 300 marks. The total will be 450 marks. Each of its paper will have only two hours duration.
2. Main Examination
The main exam will be the second level of the Karnataka Public Service Commission. It will have a conventional (essay) type questions. A minimum of 30% in each paper is required. But the aggregate will be 35% to qualify for the next round. There will be 8 papers.
Paper 1: Kannada assigns with 150 marks and Paper 2: English assign with 150 marks. Paper 1 and 2 will be compulsory subjects which need to qualify for further processing. Besides, Paper – III & IV would cover the General Studies syllabus and both will have 300 marks. Paper – V, VI, VII & VIII will have the subjects that candidates select from the list of optional subjects. Moreover, each subject will have two papers and each has 300 marks.
3. Interview or personality test
Personality test will have 200 marks. The intention of taking this test is to assess the personal suitability of a candidate for the job.
The factors that will notice at the time of personality test are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, and balance of judgement, variety, and depth of interest, the potential for social cohesion, leadership and intellectual depth of the candidate.
As stated above, the marks obtained in the personality test would add in the final output. Hence, students must attempt.
KPSC 2019 syllabus
To download Karnataka Public Service exam syllabus, the students are requested to get the help of the official web portal of Karnataka Public Service Commission. The syllabus mentioned over there is enough to crack this civil service exam.
KPSC result 2019
The date of declaring of KPSC 2019 result has not yet revealed by the Karnataka Public service Commission. Once the result of the same will declare, the candidates are requested to check the results from the official web portal of Karnataka Public service Commission i.e. kpsc.kar.nic.in.
For checking the results, the students should write down their roll number mentioned in their admit card.
Tips to crack KPSC Exam
In order to crack the KPSC civil service exam, the candidates are considered to keep the following tips with them unless they become qualified for the Karnataka Public Service exam. Let’s grab the following tactics as these will assist the candidates in turning their preparation process simple and steady.
- Arrange a schedule or time table thereby you would able to complete KPSC syllabus 2019 within the deadline.
- Take the help of essential books for subjects would offer in KPSC exam 2019
- Make sure to solve previous year questions and papers as well as mock test thereby you would able to know about the difficulty level and weight given to each question.
- Consider self-study is the best strategy to crack the KPSC 2019 exam.
Hence, cracking Karnataka Public Service exam 2019 is not a tough job if you will consider the above-mentioned eligibilities and factors thoroughly.