The famous common examination portal of Maharashtra state is named as Mahapariksha. The Mahapariksha portal was created with the vision of bringing together a host of government exams conducted for the recruitment of candidates into various fields’ offices and departments. As the name indicates, it functions as a one-stop solution for all exams, ensuring complete transparency in the recruitment system and putting across the factors of reliability and accountability to students in an undoubted manner.
The latest target of the system is to bring in a series of automation for the whole process, which offers a double advantage in terms of minimizing workload for employees involves and also maintaining the confidentiality of information at every level of the process. The portal also aims at zero error possibilities and letting out results at the right time to students without any delay in the process.
In this article, we set out on explaining every detail about the Mahapariksha 2020, involving the application cycle, exam dates, hall ticket details, answer sheet patterns, result declaration, various important questions related to exam, contact details, etc. Every facet of the exam has been discussed in detail, and candidates interested in applying are advised to go through the article in depth.
Objectives of Mahapariksha Portal
The Mahapariksha exam is conducted at present using the OMR sheet marking system, which involves the issue of OMR sheets to the students and then evaluating the results using the computerised process. The main objective of this exam is to put together one common platform for all government exams in a transparent and online manner. Some of the most important objectives of this portal are explained below:
- Government exams are usually perceived as being manipulative at various levels. To change this perception and bring transparently and clearly of handling exams at all levels right from notification till display of results, the portal is a change maker.
- Employees working with the portal are bestowed with a lot of paperwork in terms of handling marked OMR answer sheets, and the onus of rendering correct results lies on them. This can be done away with. Mahapariksha is envisaging an online examination system to let this happen.
- Ensuring transparency, reliability, and accountability at every level of the process is one of the many objectives of the portal.
- This portal also ensures a fair distribution of logistics to the various levels of the admission process.
- Minimizing errors in evaluation and ensuring timely results on the portal.
Mahapariksha Registration 2020 – How to Apply Online?
The application process for candidates applying for Mahapariksha has been made simple and easy to apply. This is to help a wide variety of candidates to understand the application process and handle it in a better way. The complete application process is explained here for easy understanding:
- Go to the official website mahapariksha.gov.in. Select “click here to apply” tab.
- For first time users, registration is mandatory.
- Enter all details on the registration form – user name, password, and e-mail id.
- Soon after submission of the registration form, candidates will receive an activation id to their e-mail id.
- Upon clicking the link, candidates will get their account activated, and soon they will go to the login page.
- Candidates have to enter their login details.
- In the application form, all basic user details should be compulsorily entered.
- Upload a recent photograph and signature.
- Also, enter the address of the candidate.
- Later enter additional candidate details.
- Enter all the academic details and press on the continue button.
- Select any two exam locations of your choice.
- Also, make online payment of fees for proceeding to the next step.
- Read and understand all the terms and conditions provided.
- Verify all details for correctness and enter the SUBMIT button.
- Download/ print the submitted application form.
All candidates applying for exams via Mahapariksha portal need to make an online payment via credit card/ debit card/ internet banking facilities etc. There is only one mode of payment of exam fee through the online mode, and there is no other way to pay fees through cash or demand draft. Candidates should take note of this.
Exams under Mahapariksha 2020
The Mahapariksha portal has a long list of exams for recruitment to various government departments and agencies. They are enlisted below for quick reference:
- Maharashtra Water Resources Department (WRD) – Junior Engineer (JE) posts
- Maharashtra Forest Guard ( Vanrakshak) under Maharashtra forest department
- Maharashtra Talathi under the revenue department
- Arogya Vibhag posts under the public health department
- Zilla Parishad posts under rural development department
- Livestock supervisor posts ( Pashuvardhan Vibhag) under animal husbandry department
In this section, we cover the detailed aspects of every exam listed above. We will explain the exam dates, hall ticket download process/ admit card issue and download process, exam pattern, and important instructions associated with the exam. Let us take each exam one by one.
Mahapariksha 2020 – Exam Dates
The exam dates for these exams have been tabulated below for quick reference:
|Exam Name||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Vanrakshak||Around 1st week of June 2020|
|Talathi||Around Last week of June 2020|
|Pashuvardhan Vibhag||Around Mid of July 2020|
|Arogya Vibhag||Around 1st week of August 2020|
|Zilla Parishad||August 2020|
Maharashtra Forest Guard (Vanrakshak) Exam 2020
- The forest guard jobs conducted for recruitment to the forest department of Maharashtra are conducted for 120 marks.
- The written exam will be conducted during the months of March or April.
- The admit card/hall ticket for the exam shall be available around 10 days before the actual commencement of the exam.
- The total duration of the exam is 200 minutes.
- The breakdown of marks for various papers is given below:
- Marathi language paper – 30 marks
- General English paper – 30 marks
- General knowledge paper – 30 marks
- Intelligence test – 30 marks
Talathi Exam 2020
- The Talathi exam is conducted by Maharashtra state for all districts of the state.
- The tentative exam dates can be anticipated around the mid of June
- The age limit for the exam is around 18-43 years
- Graduation in any discipline is the minimum qualification required for taking up the exam.
- The knowledge of Marathi and Hindi language is also a prerequisite for taking up this exam.
- The exam consists of 100 questions conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- There are 4 papers in the exam – General Marathi, General English, General knowledge, and Mathematics paper.
- Each paper shall be conducted for 50 marks, each totalling to 200 marks.
- The application fee applicable for the general category is INR 500, and for reserved categories, it is INR 350.
Pashusavardhan Vibhag 2020
- The Pashusavardhan Vibhag conducts the exams for Pashudhan paryaveshak and Parichar posts.
- The age limit for applying to these posts is 18 to 38 years.
- Graduation is the minimum qualification required to apply.
- In this paper, around 25% of the paper is reserved for the syllabus on History and geography of the respective region where the applicant belongs to.
- The exam process consists of a written exam round followed by an interview.
- The admit card shall be made available 10 days before the exam.
- The exam consists of the following subjects – General aptitude, aptitude section, reasoning, and General English.
Arogya Vibhag Exam 2020
- This recruitment considers candidates for Group B and Group C level posts.
- Health department recruitment of various districts is conducted through this exam.
- The application fees for a general category are 500 rupees.
- The application fee for reserved categories is 300 rupees.
- The educational preference ranges between 10th standard and matriculation till graduation.
- Additional qualification in the form of certification is also required for certain posts.
- The exam consists of 3 stages –written exam, personal interview, and document verification round.
- In the exam, important subjects for syllabus include aptitude, reasoning, English, technical subjects, current affairs, molecular biology, clinical biochemistry, anatomy, etc.
Zilla Parishad Exam 2020
- There are a host of jobs under the Zilla Parishad recruitment section.
- Earlier the exams were conducted in the offline mode, now they have been switched to the online mode
- The age limit for the general category is 18 to 38 years and for the reserved category is 18 to 43 years.
- The educational qualification ranges between 10th pass and graduation, depending on the post.
- For the general category, the application fee is 500 rupees, and for the reserved category, the fee is 250 rupees.
- The exam consists of two rounds – a written exam and an interview.
The syllabus in brief for various subjects is given below. The complete syllabus in PDF format can be downloaded from the official portal.
General Marathi Paper Syllabus
- Spelling correction
- Letter writing
- Sentence correction
General English Paper Syllabus
- Reading comprehension
- Passage writing
- Idioms and phrases
- Sentence conversion
General Knowledge Paper Syllabus
- History of Maharashtra
- Social reformers of Maharashtra
- Science and engineering
- Forest and wildlife
- Current affairs
- Syllabus for Intelligence test
- Number and alphabetic series
- Alphanumeric series
- Logical and vein figures
- Logical detail explanation
- Word discrepancies
- Syllabus for aptitude
- Time and distance
- Number systems
- Ratio and proportion
- Differential equations
- Primary maths
- Analytical geometry
Syllabus for Reasoning
- Number series
- Verbal classification
- Theme detection
- Cause and effect patterns
- Judgement based questions
- Verbal reasoning
- Logical games
- Statements and conclusions
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Differential equations
- Differential geometry based questions
- Percentage problems
- Time and distance problems
- Number analysis
- Arithmetical operations
- Profit and loss
- Tables and graphs
- Time and work
Mahapariksha Hall Ticket 2020
Right after the exam dates are announced for various exams, the download link for the admit cards shall be soon made available. Using these links, the admit cards to various exams can be downloaded upon user credential verification.
The admit card contains many important details pertaining to the candidate, such as candidate name, exam venue, timings if exam, exam applied for, and many other important information. Candidates entering the exam hall without admit card shall not be permitted to take up the exam. Candidates can download admit card via an online process, and there is no other way to obtain the admit card.
Steps to Download Hall Ticket
- Visit the official Mahapariksha portal
- Check the right-hand side of the portal to find a column termed ‘Notifications’.
- This columnar box contains links to download admit cards for various exams.
- Click on the download admit card for Talathi exam.
- Enter your application ID and date of birth.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Take a print copy of the admit card.
Important Instructions for candidates taking up Mahapariksha
- The admit card is a very important document. All candidates need to carry it to the exam hall without fail.
- Carry a photo ID card as proof along with the admit card.
- Reach the exam hall around 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Avoid carrying any mobile phones, electronic gadgets, or Bluetooth devices to the exam hall; they are not allowed inside the exam center.
- Authorities are not responsible for sending the admit card to candidates over a post.
- Candidates have to download the admit card via the official portal.
Mahapariksha 2020 – Answer Keys
After the completion of the exam period, the answer keys shall be uploaded on the official portal. Candidates can successfully download the answer keys from the official portal. A candidate can estimate the scores he has scored in the exam through the answer keys.
Steps to download Answer Keys
- Go to the official portal of Mahapariksha
- Enter the username and password.
- Go to the ‘result, answer key, response sheet’ section.
- Click on the link that contains the answer keys to various exams.
- For each set of question papers, the answer keys shall be available in pdf format.
Match the answer keys with the questions you have answered and estimate your scores.
Mahapariksha Result 2020
The results of the Mahapariksha exams shall be made available on the official portal. Candidates can follow this procedure to check their results:
- Go to the official portal of Mahapariksha
- Enter the homepage and select the ‘examination’ tab.
- Click on the link – “ Mahapariksha portal results.”
- Enter your post name.
- Enter the personal details requested.
- Submit the form containing all these details.
- The post wise results shall be available in the pdf format in the form of merit lists.
- Download the Mahapariksha results.
- Take a print copy or save as PDF.
Mahapariksha 2020 – Cut off
Usually, the merit list containing the results and the cut off marks shall be displayed together on the official portal. The recruiting department shall decide the cut off marks. It will also vary category wise. The approximate cut off marks according to categories are listed below, it is only a tentative list, and it varies every year.
|Category||Approx cut off marks|
|Unreserved||Between 165 – 169|
|OBC||Between 160- 163|
|Scheduled caste||Between 161 -163|
|Scheduled tribe||Between 139 – 150|
Mahapariksha – Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the necessary details required for a candidate to fill up the Mahapariksha registration form?
User name, active e-mail id, and a secure password are the minimal required for registration.
- What are the details asked under the section ‘Additional user details’?
Domicile, reservation category, Aadhaar card details, reservation information, are some of the essential fields under the additional user details section.
- How to make payment for application form submission?
Payment for application fees can be made via credit card/ debit card/ net banking or BHIM UPI
- What are the important details mentioned on the admit card?
Exam schedule, exam center details, candidate roll number, applicant ID, and thumb impression are the details on the admit card.
- What are the Photo ID documents to be taken along with the hall ticket?
Anyone of these documents – pan card/ Aadhaar card/ passport/ voter id card/ driving license/ ID card given by any government organization.
In case of any discrepancies related to the exam, especially the admit card, candidates can call on the details given below:
Number: 1800- 3000 – 7766
E-mail id: [email protected]