MAT 2021: The All India Management Association (AIMA) is conducting MAT Exam. The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level test administered four times in February, May, September and December each year. Admission to the MBA and PGDM will be offered via this test. Various B schools will be providing entry. We have listed information about MAT 2021 in this article, including examination dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application/registration process, syllabus, etc.
MAT 2021 Exam Dates
Applicants can review the MAT Examination Dates for the February session here:
|Application form availability||4th week of December 2020|
|Final date to apply for PBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|Last date to apply for CBT||3rd week of February 2021|
|Admit card release for PBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|Admit card release for CBT||2nd week of February 2021|
|MAT Exam Date 2021||3rd week of February 2021|
|Result declaration date||The month of February 2021|
MAT 2021 Registration
Candidates must review the MAT registration information below:
- The application form for MAT 2021 will start in the fourth week of December 2020.
- Candidates will use the online mode to fill out their application form.
- The registration process will take place on different procedures, including filling out the application form, uploading documents, etc.
- Upload a 40 to 150 kb photograph and the scale of the signature must be 10 to 150 kb.
- Applicants can fill out their application form for PBT by the second week of February 2021 and CBT by the third week of February 2021.
- Take a printout of the completed application form and keep it protected for other operations.
- Applicants can submit the application fee via online mode.
- The payment will be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- There will be a non-refundable and non-transferable application fee.
For CBT and PBT, applicants should review the fee structure:
|For PBT or CBT||Rs. 1550|
|For both PBT and CBT||Rs. 2650|
MAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must go through MAT 2021 eligibility criteria before filling up the application form:
- Qualification: Applicants should have completed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized College or university.
- Attempt Limit: MAT will not have an attempt limit.
- Age limit: There are no requirements prescribed for the age limit.
- Candidates appearing: Candidates appearing in their final year will also be qualified to apply.
MAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should review the exam pattern for MAT 2021 from below:
- Mode of Examination: The examination will be carried out using the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Paper-Based Test (PBT).
- Questions Types: In the test, multiple-choice questions will be asked.
- Exam Duration: The exam will take place for 2 and 1/2 hours.
- Sections: There will be five sections.
- Total Questions: In total, there will be 200 questions.
- Marking Scheme: One correct answer will carry one mark.
- Negative Marking: A deduction of 0.25 marks is mandatory for each incorrect answer.
In the table below, candidates should check examination patterns:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and global environment||40||15|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||40||30|
MAT 2021 Syllabus
Here we have shared some essential MAT Syllabus topics for the interested candidates:
- Mathematics Skill: This section will cover topics such as profit and loss, average, algebra, geometric progression, ratio and proportion, work and time, LCM, HCF, linear algebra, percentage.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Questions will revolve around the topics like Venn diagram, line chart, bar graphs, puzzles, pie chart, table charts.
- Language Comprehension: Analogies, idioms and sentence completion, syllogism, jumbled paragraphs, English vocabulary, fill in the blanks, one-word substitution.
- Indian Global Environment: This section will include topics, i.e. science, current affairs, woods and authors, sports, awards, significant events incorporate.
- General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Linear arrangement, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid interference, coding and decoding, sequencing.
MAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Here we have listed MAT 2021 planning tips from below:
- Create a proper time table and observe it regularly.
- Make brief notes and revisit the critical topics regularly.
- Know the pattern and syllabus of your exam and then plan accordingly.
- Try to solve issue papers and sample papers from the previous year.
- Applicants need to correct the mock assessments.
- Take food that is nutritious and take care of your body.
MAT 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards will be released via Online mode on the official website. Applicants who will register successfully for the exam can download their MAT 2021 admit card as per the schedule. Check all the info on the MAT admission card carefully. Candidates must carry one ID certificate along with the admission card on the day of examination. Through the user ID and password, candidates can check the admit card online.
MAT 2021 Result
In February 2021, the results will be published using the online mode. By entering the roll number and application number, candidates can check the MAT result. Candidates must carefully review the result, including information such as name, roll number, marks, etc. The authority will also release the candidates with MAT scorecards. Candidates can use the online mode to review their scorecards. The authority will also send the scorecard to the candidates by post. Take the scorecard printout and keep it protected for other references. In February 2021, the results will be published using the online mode. By entering the roll number and application number, candidates
MAT 2021 Cut off
The authority will release the MAT cut-off after the result has been announced. Cut off will be published Via online mode. In order to be selected for the admission, applicants need to achieve limited cut off points. Selection of the candidates for the admission will be made on the basis of cut-off points. The authority will release the cut off based on various parameters, including the number of students appearing in the exam, total availability of seats, etc.
MAT 2021 Admission
Candidates have to report separately to a participating institute. No MAT counselling will be organized by the authorities. Some organization will schedule group conversation and personal interviews. Candidates will secure the seats based on the marks obtained in the test. Candidates also have to present their original credentials for verification. Seats will not be able to reserve seats without proof of records.