Maulana Azad Scholarship in current times is referred to as ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ and is a gift for the minority girls of India to receive a financial grant for pursuing higher studies. It is a national level scholarship offered only to girls belonging to minority communities. This scholarship is provided by the government of India but funded by the Maulana Azad education foundation, hence the name. According to estimates, more than 6,00,000 girls have benefitted from this scholarship till date.
In this article, we provide elaborate details about the Maulana Azad Foundation Scholarship including the list of scholarships provided, important dates associated with them, detailed eligibility criteria, complete application process, list of documents required, selection process for availing scholarship, checking status of application, scholarship renewal process, terms and conditions of this scholarship, benefits and rewards provided by this scholarship, important FAQs and relevant contact details.
Learn about National Scholarship Portal
Maulana Azad Foundation Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Maulana Azad Education Foundation|
|Scholarship Name||Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship / Maulana Azad Scholarship|
|Offered to||Only to girls belonging to minority communities|
|Contact No||011-23583788 / 011-2358 3789|
List of Maulana Azad Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to girl students at two levels of education:
- For class 9th and 10th standard
- For class 11th and 12th standard
Maulana Azad Scholarship – Important Dates
This scholarship has a stipulated set of general date announcements right from the official announcement to the deadline for applying. Check out dates below:
- The official announcement of scholarship – Around July every year
- Commencement of online registration for this scholarship – Mid of July every year
- Deadline for applying to scholarship – By the end of September every year
Maulana Azad Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The Begum Hazrat Mahal national scholarship was incepted with the idea of providing financial assistance to girl students and encouraged them to pursue higher education without financial constraints on their way. Some of the highlights of the eligibility criteria specified are given under:
- Only female students can apply.
- Students belonging to minority communities like Christians, Muslims, and Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, and Parsi communities can apply.
- Candidates pursuing the 9/10th class can apply.
- In the previous exam passed, the candidate should have a minimum score of at least 50% to be eligible to apply.
- The total family income must be less than 2 lakhs per year.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
The application for this scholarship is made an easy-to-apply process so that students find it convenient to apply easily and avail facilities. The entire process is made online to keep up with the latest advances in technology. The step by step application process for applying to this scholarship is listed below:
- Visit the official website of this scholarship – maef.nic.in
- For first time visitors, candidates need to register themselves by clicking on ‘Student Registration Form.’
- In the registration form, enter details like name, class they belong to, parents name, domicile, address, school details, contact details, etc.
- Submit the registration form after checking for its correctness.
- After submission of the registration form, students shall receive a link to download the school verification form.
- Candidates must download and print the school verification form.
- Get the hardcopy of the school verification form verified by the respective school principal.
- Log in to the official website. Use mobile number and date of birth details for validation.
- Fill up the scholarship form.
- Enter relevant details like bank details, academic details, parent’s income details, occupation of parents etc.
- Upload relevant documents. Also, scan and upload the school verification form without fail.
- Submit the application form for further processing.
Documents Required For Maulana Azad Foundation Scholarship
Candidates need to upload relevant documents while filling up an online application form to support their candidature. All documents must be scanned and uploaded in relevant sizes and specifications only. The size of each document should compulsorily be less than 200 KB in size and should be in PNG, JPG, or PDF formats only.
List of documents to be submitted
- Candidate’s recent passport size photograph
- School verification form duly attested/verified by the respective school principal.
- Mark sheets of the last passed exam of the candidate. [Should be attested by the principal].
- Parents income certificate
- Minority community certificate of the candidate [to be self-attested by the candidate]
- The first page of the bank passbook [to be self-attested by the candidate].
- Copy of Aadhaar card of the candidate
Maulana Azad Scholarship – Selection Process
The scholarships provided by this scheme depend on a certain selection process. All candidates should satisfy the eligibility criteria for applying. The basis of selection includes certain parameters like:
- Annual family income of candidate’s parents
- The score of at least 50% in the last exam attempted by the candidate.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Application Status
Those candidates who have applied on the official portal of MAEF can check for updates from time to time regarding their application status. Details to be entered while checking the status of the candidate are:
- Scholarship category is chosen by the candidate
- Personal identification details entered by the candidate during the application process
- Date of birth of the candidate.
Maulana Azad Scholarship – Terms & Condition
Some of the valid and most important terms and conditions specified for this scholarship are listed below:
- Candidates belonging to any state of India can apply. Scholarships are provided in order of the highest presence of minority female candidates in particular states or union territories.
- Scholarships are first provided to lower-income groups. More priority is reserved for low-income groups.
- Income certificates in regional language should be accompanied by the same certificate in English/Hindi language
- Candidates should not submit more than one application form for this scholarship
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the candidate through DBT or direct benefit transfer mode
- Only candidates pursuing education within India are eligible to apply.
- Transfer from one educational institute to another is not permitted during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Students should not be availing any other scholarship while applying for this one.
- Good academic record should be maintained. Any gaps in education will lead to disqualification of scholarship
- Providing false candidate information will lead to the cancelation of scholarship.
- Cancelled or discontinued scholarships can’t be revoked again under any situation.
- Candidates should update themselves about the latest rules and regulations without fail and stick to them.
Maulana Azad Scholarship – Benefits and Rewards
This scholarship not just awards scholarship amounts to deserving candidates but also covers miscellaneous charges that are attached to education. The class-wise benefits and rewards of this scholarship are enlisted below:
- For class 9th and 10th – INR 5000 is offered for every student that will help cover tuition fees, books fee, stationary expenses, and lodging or accommodation charges.
- For class 11th and 12th – INR 6000 is offered to every student, and this would cover charges like tuition fees, books fee, stationary expenses, and lodging or accommodation charges.
Maulana Azad Foundation Scholarship – Frequently Asked Questions
- If a candidate does not have a bank account in her own name, can she still apply for this scholarship?
YES, provided she shares a joint bank account with her parents.
- If a candidate does not possess the Aadhaar card, what are the other documents she could submit in its place?
In case a candidate doesn’t possess the Aadhaar card, then she can choose to submit a BPL card/ birth certificate/ Ration card, etc.
- In case of migration of candidates from one school to another, will this scholarship scheme still continue?
According to the rules and regulations, candidates cannot avail of transfer from one school to another while being covered under this scholarship scheme. It is allowed only in exceptional cases.
- For which class of students is this scholarship catering to?
This scholarship scheme is applicable only from 9th to 12th standard students.
- Should the income certificate of parents be self-attested by the candidate?
NO, it should be issued by a competent authority that is recognized by the respective state or union territory.
Contact address is: Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road, Opp. New Delhi Railway Registration center, New Delhi – 110055
Contact numbers: 011- 23583788 / 011- 2358 3789
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about other Scholarship articles