Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme is a unique offer from the Ministry of HRD. Under the Medhavi scheme, a national level test is conducted online, and selected candidates through this test shall acquire a beneficial scholarship scheme for up to three months. It is also part of the Medhavi mission, conceived by the Ministry of HRD, to provide educational access to a wide range of desirous and deserving students but those who are financially unable to bear high costs of education. This scholarship is also popular by the name Swavalamban. The online tests are conceived as part of the Digital India Mission to cut down on time taken to process results obtained from the tests, deliver quick outputs, and ensure transparency. This article gives detail information about Medhavi Scholarship 2021, including the last date to apply, eligibility, application process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards and benefits.
Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme 2021
|Provided by||Human Resources & Development Mission|
|Scholarship Name||Medhavi National Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Class 10 passed students|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to 6000 INR|
Scholarship dates are the most important information to be remembered by students. Dates and deadlines once announced by the scholarship committee cannot be changed under any circumstances. Let’s take a look at the dates carefully and make a quick note of them:
|Scholarship Registration Start||February 2021|
|Last Date of Registration||March 2021|
|Disbursal of Scholarships||April 2021|
Candidates who wish to apply for Medhavi National scholarship 2021 have to register themselves for an online test, followed by a screening of results and further selection. Before stepping into these formalities, it is mandatory for candidates to check if they qualify these eligibility conditions:
- Candidate must have cleared class 10 [minimum qualification].
- Candidate must be in the age group of 16 to 40 years to apply.
- Candidate should have successfully cleared his class 10 from an educational institution that is recognized by the government.
- All Indian citizens can apply.
- Candidates who are Nepal/Bhutan/Tibetan refugees can also apply for this scholarship. They should have settled down in India before 1st of January 1962 and should be willing to become permanent residents of India.
- Indian origin candidates who in due course of time migrated to other countries like Kenya/Uganda/Burma/ Sri Lanka/ Malawi/ Pakistan/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Vietnam but further held permanent resident intentions in India can also apply.
Medhavi National Scholarship – Application Process
The application procedure is made relatively simpler for students to follow and understand. All applicants must ensure they comply with the eligibility conditions listed above. Applicants can read through the formal guidelines and important information before proceeding further to apply.
- Visit the online portal of Medhavi National scholarship – www.medhavionline.org
- The first step in the application process is ‘Registration’. Click on the ‘Registration’ tab.
- Enter all details requested in the registration form.
- Download the application form from the portal.
- Fill in all details in the form.
- Pay application fees through online means. [INR 300 for General and OBC categories, INR 250 for SC/ST categories].
- Submit the application form.
- The candidate will receive the registration ID through e-mail after online form submission.
- For future references, candidates are advised to take a snapshot/screenshot of the submitted online application.
Medhavi National Scholarship – Rewards
Three types of scholarship categories shall be ascertained for candidates based on individual candidate scores. Categories are listed below:
- Type A scholarship – For candidates who have scored above 60% in the qualifying exam.
- Type B scholarship – For candidates who score between 50% to 60% in the qualifying exam.
- Type C scholarship – For candidates who score between 40% to 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Type D scholarships- For candidates who score below 40%.
|Type A [ 291 awards]||INR 6000|
|Type B [315 awards]||INR 3000|
|Type C [258 awards]||INR 1500|
|Type D [541 awards]||Refund of INR 300 paid as registration fee.|
Please Note: The Financial Reward shall be provided to the candidate for a period of two consecutive months.
Medhavi National Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
- Applications shall not be processed further without payment of application fee. Further, the registration fee shall be refundable to the selected list of students which shall be displayed later on.
- The selection for Medhavi scholarship depends on an online scholarship test. The test contains four parts – reasoning, general aptitude, general studies and general English.
- The total duration of the exam is 18 minutes.
- For all three sections [reasoning, general aptitude, general studies], questions shall be presented both in English and Hindi.
- A wrong answer shall attract a penalty of 1/3rd of deduction of assigned marks for a question.
- Candidates have to download the exam link which would be provided in the website beforehand.
- Scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the beneficiary through a process of DBT.
- Candidates have the right to choose the venue according to their preferences.
Medhavi Scholarship 2021 – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the selection process for Medhavi National scholarship?
Answer: Applicants shall be screened based on the marks they obtain in the ONLINE written test. The list of selected candidates shall be displayed on the website.
2. What are the requirements for the examination?
Answer: Candidates need to have the latest version of android device to download Medhavi application. Along with that, a good internet connection is also needed. Candidates can take up the exam from their homes or any place of their convenience.
3. What is the minimum score to be obtained in the online scholarship exam?
Answer: All applicants who have scored above 35% shall only be considered for further consideration of scholarships.
For further queries related to scholarship and examination, contact related personnel on the below details:
Address: # 648, CGS Avenue, Block 6A, Lodi Road, New Delhi.
Helpline Number: 9312363112
E-mail: [email protected]