The Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme is a unique offer from the Ministry of HRD. Under the Medhavi scheme, a national level test is conducted online, and selected candidates through this test shall acquire a beneficial scholarship scheme for up to three months. It is also part of the Medhavi mission, conceived by the Ministry of HRD in order to provide educational access to a wide range of desirous and meritorious students, but those who are financially not so capable of bearing high costs of education. This scholarship is also popular by the name Swavalamban.
The online tests are conceived as part of the Digital India mission to cut down on the time taken to process results obtained from the tests and deliver quick outputs and ensure transparency of the system.
In this regard, the Medhavi scheme is a model for other scholarship schemes in our country. Here in this article, we discuss Medhavi scholarship 2020 in detail. We elaborate on various aspects related to this scholarship with respect to the important dates, eligibility criteria associated with the scheme, application procedure, required documentation, rewards and benefits offered important FAQs and contact details. Let us take a deeper look into the article now.
Medhavi National Scholarship Scheme 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Human Resources & Development Mission|
|Scholarship Name||Medhavi National Scholarship|
Medhavi Scholarship – Key Dates
Scholarship dates are the most important information to be remembered by students. Dates and deadlines once announced by the scholarship committee cannot be changed under any circumstances. Let’s take a look at the dates carefully and make a quick note of them:
|Events||Important Dates [Tentative dates]|
|Formal announcement of the registration process||By Mid of May|
|Formal closure of the registration process||By the end of June|
|Probable examination date||Last week of July|
|Announcement of results||Last week of July|
|Disbursal of scholarships to students||End of July|
Medhavi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for Medhavi scholarships 2020 have to register themselves for an online test, followed by a screening of results and further selection. Before stepping into these formalities, it is mandatory for candidates to check if they qualify these eligibility conditions:
- Candidate must have cleared class 10 [minimum qualification].
- Candidate must be in the age group of 16 to 40 years to apply.
- Candidate should have successfully cleared his class 10 from an educational institution that is recognized by the government.
- All Indian citizens can apply.
- Candidates who are Nepal/Bhutan/Tibetan refugees can also apply for Medhavi scholarship. They should have settled down in India before 1st of January 1962 and should be willing to become permanent residents of India.
- Indian origin candidates who in due course of time migrated to other countries like Kenya/Uganda/Burma/ Sri Lanka/ Malawi/ Pakistan/ Ethiopia/ Zaire/ Vietnam but further held permanent resident intentions in India can also apply.
Medhavi Scholarship Application Procedure
The application procedure is made relatively simpler for students to follow and understand. All applicants must ensure they comply with the eligibility conditions listed above. Applicants can read through the formal guidelines and important information before proceeding further to apply.
- Visit the online portal of Medhavi scholarship – www.medhavionline.org
- The first step in the application process is ‘Registration’. Click on the ‘Registration’ tab.
- Enter all details requested in the registration form.
- Download the application form from the portal.
- Fill in all details in the form.
- Pay application fees through online means. [INR 300 for General and OBC categories, INR 250 for SC/ST categories].
- Submit the application form.
- The candidate will receive the registration ID through e-mail after online form submission.
- For future references, candidates are advised to take a snapshot/screenshot of the submitted online application.
Documents Required For Medhavi Scholarship
As per existing rules and regulations, CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS BY POST/ONLINE MEANS. The hard copy of the submitted online application OR any other supportive documents or scanned signature or photograph need not be uploaded or sent to the Medhavi scholarship committee.
Medhavi Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
Three types of scholarship categories shall be ascertained for candidates based on individual candidate scores. Categories are listed below:
- Type A scholarship – For candidates who have scored above 60% in the qualifying exam.
- Type B scholarship – For candidates who score between 50% to 60% in the qualifying exam.
- Type C scholarship – For candidates who score between 40% to 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Type D scholarships- For candidates who score below 40%.
|Category of scholarship||Rewards and Benefits|
|Type A [ 291 awards]||INR 6000|
|Type B [315 awards]||INR 3000|
|Type C [258 awards]||INR 1500|
|Type D [541 awards]||Refund of INR 300 paid as registration fee.|
The Financial Reward shall be provided to the candidate for a period of two consecutive months.
Medhavi Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
- Applications shall not be processed further without payment of application fee. Further, the registration fee shall be refundable to the selected list of students which shall be displayed later on.
- The selection for Medhavi scholarship depends on an online scholarship test. The test contains four parts – reasoning, general aptitude, general studies and general English.
- The total duration of the exam is 18 minutes.
- For all three sections [reasoning, general aptitude, general studies], questions shall be presented both in English and Hindi.
- A wrong answer shall attract a penalty of 1/3rd of deduction of assigned marks for a question.
- Candidates have to download the exam link which would be provided in the website beforehand.
- Scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the beneficiary through a process of DBT.
- Candidates have the right to choose the venue according to their preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the official provider of Medhavi scholarship scheme?
Human resources and development Mission is the official provider of Medhavi national scholarship scheme.
- What is the selection process for Medhavi scholarship?
Applicants shall be screened based on the marks they obtain in the ONLINE written test. The list of selected candidates shall be displayed on the website.
- What is the probable date of Medhavi scholarship exam?
26th April 2020 is the tentative date of exam for Medhavi scholarship exam.
- What are the requirements for the examination?
Candidates need to have the latest version of android device to download Medhavi application. Along with that, a good internet connection is also needed. Candidates can take up the exam from their homes or any place of their convenience.
- What is the minimum score to be obtained in the online scholarship exam?
All applicants who have scored above 35% shall only be considered for further consideration of scholarships.
For further queries related to scholarship and examination, contact related personnel on the below details:
Address: # 648, CGS Avenue, Block 6A, Lodi Road, New Delhi.
Contact Number: 9312363112
E-mail ID: email@example.com