Meghalaya PSC 2022: The Meghalaya Public Service Commission is the state commission of Meghalaya that is actively involved in the recruitment and promotion of candidates for fulfilling government cadres in the state of Meghalaya. The official website of the commission is mpsc.nic.in. This article gives detail information about Meghalaya PSC 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application and recruitment process, admit card, result and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check MPSC Meghalaya 2022 Exam date on the official website of the commission.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Meghalaya Civil Service 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree/graduation or equivalent from any university recognized by the government of India.
- Age Criteria: Age of the candidate must be between 18 to 21 years.
- Age Relaxation: Below we have provided age relaxation for different category.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- Ex-servicemen – 5 years
- Physically disabled – 10 years
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Application Form
- Visit the official website – mpsc.nic.in
- On the left-hand side of the commission homepage, Click on ‘Online Application.’ A one-time registration is mandatory.
- Candidate has to enter the necessary information like name, address, category, etc. in the application.
- After that, candidates need to upload a scanned signature and photograph.
- Pay relevant application fees.
- Submit the application form after verifying details and uploading all relevant documents.
- Save the application form/download the submitted form for future use and save the reference id for future references.
The application fee can be paid in two modes – online & offline. In online mode, the candidate has to pay via net banking, debit card or credit card facility. In offline mode, the candidate can opt via e-challan from recognized SBI branch of Meghalaya. The General fee payable is INR 460.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Admit Card
The admit cards for the exam shall be made available to the candidates at least ten days prior to the exam. Candidates need to download the admit card from the official website. There is no other way the commission shall send the admit card to the candidates. It shall not be sent to the candidate via post/speed post/courier services etc. Candidates need to carry the admit card with them to the exam hall without fail. They shall not be allowed to attempt the exam without the admit card. The step by step process to download the MPSC Meghalaya Admit Card 2022 is given below.
- Go to the official website – mpsc.nic.in
- Check the application window.
- IF the ‘Download Admit Card’ window is activated, then click on it.
- Enter all relevant candidate details like registration number and date of birth, etc.
- Admit card shall be displayed.
- Download the admit card and take a print copy of the same.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Exam Pattern
Meghalaya Civil Service Exam consists of three-tier exam pattern namely, Prelims, Mains and Personality Test.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Preliminary papers are of objective type and are for qualifying purpose.
- Prelims exam consists of two papers, i.e. Paper-I General Studies for 200 marks & Paper-II CSAT for 200 marks.
- Both papers are compulsory to attempt.
Mains Exam Pattern
- The written examination will consist of eight papers of conventional essay type.
- English paper carries 300 marks. It is only a qualifying paper.
- Rest of the papers shall be counted for grand totaling of marks.
- Essay paper carries 250 marks.
- General Studies Paper I, II, III, IV all of them carry 250 marks.
- Papers VI and VII jointly carry 500 marks.
- Total marks of mains paper are 1750 marks.
- Negative marking is applicable in mains exam.
- The interview is conducted for 275 marks.
- Grand total of mains plus interview round is 2025 marks.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Syllabus
Below we have provided Meghalaya Civil Service Exam Syllabus in detail.
- Paper-I: Current affairs, Indian history and geography, Indian polity, bureaucracy, and governance, Socio-economic development, General science, Indian economy. Infrastructure planning, budgeting, Planning commission, Environmental studies, study on ecology, and biodiversity.
- Paper-II: English comprehension, Language skills, Analytical reasoning and logical thinking, Number skills, Data interpretation, Decision-making problems
- English: Essay writing, Comprehension, Precise writing, Sentence completion, Grammar and vocabulary
- Essay: Candidates must write essays on topics listed, they should stick to word limit, they should arrange their ideas in a suitable fashion, they should always keep the central topic in mind and write accordingly.
- General Studies-I: Modern history, Pre-independence era and the post-independence era, History of the world, Women empowerment, Social empowerment of women, Geography with special focus on physical geography. Concepts like earthquakes, volcanoes, the layers of the earth’s crust, etc. shall be covered in this section
- General Studies-II: Federal Indian government, Parliament, State legislations, Civil acts and public legislature, India and international relations, Representation of people’s act, Welfare schemes developed by the government
- General Studies-III: Indian economy and budgeting, Major crops in India, Public administration system, Infrastructure, Science and technology in India, IT in India, Disaster management in India
- General Studies-IV: Ethics in modern society, Public administration functioning and value system, Civil integrity rules and regulations, Governance – issues and citizen charter, Case studies
- Candidates shall be judged based on their communication and interpersonal skills
- They will be tested for their ability to serve in the civil services.
- Candidate’s choice of optional paper shall be considered.
- Conversation ability and mental capability of the candidate shall be judged
- Questions shall be focused on the state of Meghalaya.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Cut Off
The commission decides the cut off marks to present the qualifying candidates and send them to the next level of exam. Based on the number of candidates who wrote the exam, the number who passed the exam, the toughness levels of the exam, posts available for recruitment, etc. the cut off marks shall be ascertained. Candidates who score well above the specified cut off marks shall be posted to the next round of exams. The cut off marks shall always follow after the publication of results on the official site.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Result
MPSC Meghalaya Result shall be displayed after every round of the exam. Candidates should check for updates on the official website. The step by step process to check the result is given below
- Visit official website of the state commission – mpsc.nic.in
- Go directly to the results section.
- Check the link that will redirect to the window providing Civil Service Exam result.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Check results.
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Vacancies
Here is the list of posts for which the Meghalaya PSC shall post the exact vacancies.
- Senior Research Officer
- Chemical Examiner
- Planning Draughtsman Grade
- Drugs Inspector
- Assistant Engineer
- Junior Badminton Coach
- Law Officer
- Assistant Geologist
- Junior Boxing Coach
- Mining Officer
- Drilling Engineer
- Junior Football Coach
- Industrial Promotion Officer
- District Librarian
- Dairy officer
- Assistant Analyst
- Stenographer Grade
- Ayurvedic Physician
- Deputy Inspector of Electricity Surveyor Grade – II
- Assistant Lecturer
- Assistant Teacher
- Lower Division Assistant
- Sub- Inspector of Statistics
- Piano Instructor
- Typist (Ordinary Grade)
- Khasi Dance Instructor
- Deputy Librarian
- Junior Engineer Grade
- Junior Taekwondo Coach
- Tourist Officer
- Planning Draughtsman Grade
- Junior Judo Coach
- Stenography Instructor Grade II
- Library Assistant
- Junior Archery Coach
- Occupational Therapist
- Field Assistant
Meghalaya PSC 2022 Preparation Tips
- Allot quality and balanced time for each topic and prepare well with considerable detailing.
- Read at least two newspapers every day. Make it a habit to refer to some good periodical magazines that will help you brush through competition.
- Presentation in the answer sheet is also equally important. Try to underline and highlight key points, words, and notes that will fetch you more marks.
- Prepare good notes. Make separate notes for revision.
- After studying, it’s important to perform an assessment to analyze where you’re going. Understand the high and low points.
- Going through every aspect of the syllabus without excluding any topic is key to your success.
- Prepare a strategic time table. Include time for detailed preparation, revision, and allot time for previous year question papers and mock tests as well.
- Be informed about the latest government schemes and developments from the Meghalaya government. Do not be misguided on facts and figures. Stay abreast with the latest news from official sources.
Recommended Books for MPSC Meghalaya Preparation
- Objective Mathematics by A.K. Garg, Dr. H.B. Pandey
- Indian History book written by Dr. K.K. Sharma
- Advanced History of India in detail by R.C. Majumdar
- Indian Polity by Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal.
- Pratiyogita Darpan magazine
- NCERT Textbooks
- Cambridge Dictionary (2nd edition)
- Competitive English 2nd Edition by Roshan Tolani