MH CET Law 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be referred to before proceeding towards the registration process. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law called MAH CET Law is a state-level exam administered by the Government of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai. The candidates must clear MH CET Law entrance exam to get the admission into 5-year of LLB and 3-year of LLB regular programmes. Qualified candidates can gain admission to several law institutions located in the state. This article enlists all the relevant information related to the MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria 2021.
MH CET Law 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to meet the entire eligibility criteria to appear for the MH CET Law 2021 entrance exam. Candidates can view the below-specified eligibility requirements before filling the MH CET Law 2021 Application form.
All India Candidature
- Candidates holding Indian Nationality and cleared SSC & HSC from outside of Maharashtra state pertaining to all categories are suitable in this category.
- Candidates must have cleared SSC & HSC from Maharashtra state & holding Maharashtra domicile or born in Maharashtra pertaining to a selective Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the state as declared by the Government can apply.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility conditions listed for the NRI candidates. They need not apply for CET.
Foreign Candidate or OCI or PIO Candidature
- Applying candidates coming under this category must meet the eligibility conditions. They need not apply for CET.
Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- Jammu & Kashmir’s children who moved from Jammu & Kashmir to any part of India or from insecure border area of Jammu and Kashmir can also apply.
Maharashtra State Candidature
Candidates are supposed to come under any of the below-mentioned categories to apply.
- Type A: A candidate born in Maharashtra or holding a domicile certificate of Maharashtra.
- Type B: The applying candidate’s father/mother is a native resident of Maharashtra.
- Type C: The father/mother of the applying candidate is an employee of Government of India/posted/reported in duty in Maharashtra before the end date of application submission for CAP.
- Type D: The father/mother of the applying candidate is an employee of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
- Type E: Candidates must have cleared SSC or HSC or equivalent examination from an approved institution from a divided Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area having Marathi as their Mother tongue.
- Candidates must be 20 years old and 22 years old for SC/ST of Maharashtra state as on 1st July 2021.
- There are no specific upper age criteria to appear for both the exams.
For 5 years LLB Course
- Candidate must have cleared the SSC (+2) or its equivalent examination such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from the acknowledged board of Maharashtra state or outside.
- Candidates must have passed with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam and 40% marks for reserved categories of Maharashtra state.
- Candidates who have finished their 12th grade from Distance or Correspondence method can also apply, but the gap must not be less than two years between 10th Std (SSC) and 12th Std (HSC).
- Candidates who have cleared 10 Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination in a Single Sitting Examination without possessing any Basic Qualification from 1st To 9th Standard of education cannot apply.
- Candidates currently appearing in the qualifying exam can apply.
For 3 years LLB Course
- Candidate must possess a graduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline from any of Maharashtra or India’s sanctioned university.
- Candidates must have cleared with a minimum qualifying score of 45% in the qualifying exam and 42% marks for VJNT, SBC and OBC, Category candidates and 40% for ST/SC category candidates.
- Candidates holding a 10+2 pass certificate or first-degree certificate by distance or correspondence course can also apply.
- Candidates must have cleared the qualifying exam (10+2, U.G. & P.G.) in a single sitting exam without possessing a basic qualification of studying in an entire pattern of 10+2+3 cannot apply. 10+2 is the primary qualification for LLB 3 yrs course.