MICAT 2021: MICAT Application Form has been issued for MICAT-II since 26th November 2020. The MICAT-I card will be published shortly. Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) is organizing this test (MICA). It is arranged twice a year as MICAT I in December and MICAT II in January. Candidates can apply to complete postgraduate studies in Management (PGDM- C). (PGDM- C). (PGDM- C). (PGDM- C). (PGDM- C). After qualifying the exam, the applicants must pass Group Exercise (GE) & PI (Personal Interview) round. Those who have passed CAT, XAT, GMAT, are eligible for the exam. Here we provide information on Exam dates, Application form, Fees, Syllabus, Preparation Tips and much more about MICAT 2021.
MICAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must go through the following table concerning the dates of the MICAT exam:
|Application process starts||7th October 2020|
|Final date to submit the application form||26th November 2020|
|Admit card release||2nd December 2020|
|MICAT I exam date||5th December 2020|
|Result/ score release date||21st December 2020|
|Application process starts||26th November 2020|
|Application process ends||20th January 2021|
|Admit card release||27th January 2021|
|MICAT II exam date||20th January 2021|
|Result/ score release date||14th February 2021|
|GE & PI shortlist||19th February 2021|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||9th & 10th March 2021|
|GE & PI shortlist at Bangalore & Mumbai||13th, 14th & 15th March 2021|
|GE & PI shortlist at Delhi & Kolkata||19th, 20th & 21st March 2021|
|Announcement of Final result||Last week of March 2021|
MICAT 2021 Application Form
Before applying for the exam, candidates must go through the following MICAT Application Form details:
- The application form for MICAT 2021 has been made available via the online mode.
- No application form is accessed by candidates via post or courier.
- Applicants for MICAT I will be allowed to fill out the application form from 7th October 2020 to 26th November 2020.
- The application form for MICAT II was made available between 26th November 2020 to 20th January 2021.
- Applicants must also upload a photo of passport size & signature in the prescribed format.
- The candidates must provide valid email ID & phone number as all the essential information related to the exam will be sent to it.
- Once all the required details have been filled out in the application form, candidates must take out the print of the filled-in application form for other procedures.
- Applicants can pay application fees through the use of the online mode.
- Net banking, Credit cards, or debit cards, are used in the online payment process.
- Candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1985/- for MICAT exam.
MICAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
We include information on the eligibility criteria for MICAT 2021 here; candidates must go through it before filling in their application form:
- Qualification: To be qualified, applicants must complete their bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or institution.
- Appearing: Those, appearing for their qualifying exam (or equivalent) are also allowed to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must have the needed CAT/ XAT/ GMAT 2020 score to be allowed.
MICAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Here we provide details on the eligibility criteria for MICAT 2021; candidates must go through it before filling in their application form:
- Exam Mode: The online mode will be used to coordinate the MICAT exam.
- No. of Questions: The examination will have a total of 144 questions.
- Time: To answer the question paper, candidates will get 2 hours 45 minutes.
- No. of Sections: The question paper deals with three sections.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will receive one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
As listed below the number of questions in each segment will be:
|Parts||No. of Questions|
|Divergent- Convergent Reasoning||39|
MICAT 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for MICAT 2021 revolves around of 6 subjects. These six subjects will be Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA), General Awareness (GA), Divergent & Convergent thinking, Data Interpretation (DI), and General Awareness (GA). For the entire syllabus, candidates need to go through the information brochure. Whenever an official announces it, we will update it in our post.
MICAT 2021 Preparation Tips
We have some tips & tricks here that will be helpful for applicants when preparing for MICAT:
- Try to write articles for written test & keep your pace by practising.
- Study simple mathematics as it plays an essential part in scoring and ranking.
- For updates on current details, candidates may also take magazines & newspapers.
- Try & practice from various mock exam.
MICAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit card or hall pass are the compulsory thing applicants need to bring at the examination centre. MICAT Admit card will be accessible from 2nd December 2020, while the admit card for MICAT II will release on 27th January 2021. It will be published through online mode for both sessions.
To download hall passes, candidates will have to access the website and type their login credentials. It will list all vital information such as the name of the candidate, roll no., exam date, centre, time, and all essential data. Candidates must read & follow the directions listed above.
MICAT 2021 Result
The result of MICAT will be announced on the website via online mode. The result announcement will be for the MICAT I & MICAT II exams on 21st December 2020 and 14th February 2021, respectively. By inserting the submission number & password, applicants will be able to check their results. All information such as the name of the candidate, roll number, marks scored in each subject, overall marks, percentage and result status will be included in the result (pass or fail).
GE & PI Rounds
For both sessions, the MICAT Group exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI) rounds will be on 19th February 2021. To be selected for admission, applicants need to qualify for these rounds. Candidates would have to perform a group task in the GE round.
For the PI round, there will be a questionnaire to review communication skill, knowledge, personality and last the passion of the applicant for the course. Qualified applicants will be further called for counselling after going through all the process.
MICAT 2021 Admission Procedure
In March 2021, the admission process for MICAT 2021 will take place. The final result will be announced based on the performance in GE & PI round. It will be mandatory to score 3.5 or more on a 5- point scale in the GE round while applicants must score four or more on a 5- point scale in the PI round. The panel members of the PI Round will also depend on the majority recommendation.
The final composite score will be determined in the last stage based on three rounds. To be selected, candidates must score 20% in CAT/XAT/GMAT, 30% in MICAT- 30, 30% in PI, and 20% in GE. After being selected, candidates have to check the essential documents & fees structure at the institutions to complete the admission process.