The Mizoram Public Service Commission is better known as Mizoram PSC who is an authorized body eligible to conduct MPSC exam to select candidates for different posts pertaining to government jobs in the state of Mizoram. The different posts available for interested candidates are Junior Grade of Mizoram Civil Service (MCS), Junior Grade of Mizoram Information Service (MIS), and Junior Grade of Mizoram Police Service (MPS).
As per the latest notification by this commission, it has revealed that Mizoram PSC 2019 civil service exam is going to conduct in June or July this year. Hence, if you are interested to get a government job in different regions of Mizoram, then this article will provide you with all the necessary information from the beginning to the end.
Here, you will be able to get the details thoroughly regarding this exam like about the application form, important dates, eligibilities, admit card, exam pattern and syllabus. Additionally, you will find tips to crack this civil service exam at the end of this article.
The information included in this article is authentic and relevant. Thus, being interested in the government sector in Mizoram state, you can avail whatever information you are seeking to attempt this civil service exam from this article. Still, if you would need any more information, then you can ask about it in the comment box available at the end of this article.
Mizoram PSC Important Dates 2019
|Last Date to fill the Prelim Application form||Will update soon|
|Date to download Prelim admit card||Will update soon|
|Prelims Exam Date||Will update soon|
|Prelims exam results||Will update soon|
|Main Exam Date||Will update soon|
|Main Exam and Interview Result Date||Will update soon|
Eligibility Criteria for Mizoram PSC
- A Candidate must be a citizen of India
- A Candidate must be a permanent resident of the state of Mizoram. He must have authentic documentation such as Birth Certificate, or enrolment in the Electoral Roll.
- A candidate must have a minimum age of 21 years. The maximum age would be 32 years at the time of filling up of the application form.
But there are some relaxations given by this commission, let’s find out these as below
- Only 5 years of relaxation for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates. Hence, if you belong to this class, then you can attempt this exam until you reach the 37th year of your age.
- For disable candidates coming under Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) category, the age relaxation will be 10 years. Thus, those candidates can attempt this exam until they become 42 years old.
A candidate must have a degree of any of the Universities incorporated qualification by an act of the Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions declared to be deemed Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956
- A candidate must have knowledge of the Mizo language.
- A candidate must have a basic knowledge of computer.
- A candidate must have Concepts (CCC) of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) or Diploma in Computer Application or a Certificate in Computer Application from institutions recognized by Mizoram State Council of Technical Education.
- The final year candidates can also apply for this civil service exam, but they will be eligible only for the Preliminary examination. For the Main exam, they must have their final results.
Mizoram Public Service Commission Application form 2019
The authorized mode to apply for MPSC exam is offline. The whole process will be administered by Mizoram PSC. The eligible candidates get the application form from the offices of the Mizoram Public Service Commission, New Secretariat Complex, Aizawl and the Offices of Deputy Commissioners Lunglei, Saiha, Lawngtlai, Champhai, Kolasib, Serchhip, and Mamit during the working hours.
Once downloaded, the candidates have to write accurate information. They will consider to check it twice or thrice before the final submission. Besides, filling up the personal details, the candidates would need to upload the requested docs like mark sheets of last attempted examination, passport size photo, scanned signature, as well as other docs.
The application fee of this exam varies as per category. The candidates have to pay accordingly, else their application form will consider incomplete.
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|For General Category (Mizoram candidates)||300|
|For candidates of other states||300|
|For SC/ST/ candidates||150|
|For OBC candidates||150|
The mode of payment of this application fee will be offline only. It should be payable either via IPO and or by depositing into the Treasury under the Head- 0051-PSC, 102-State PSC (Examination Fee. Etc.) or of uncrossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) drawn in favor of Secretary, Mizoram Public Service Commission.
The candidates are requested to get a xerox of the application form and receipt for the future reference.
Mizoram PSC Admit Card 2019
Once successfully completed the application form, the next step will be to get an admit card. The fact is, this document is mandatory as, without it, you would not be eligible to attempt your Prelims or Main exam. There will be different admit card for both exams- Preliminary exam and Main exam.
On different dates, you would able to get your different admit card. A Preliminary Admit Card will issue first and the main exam Admit card will be later.
Kindly note that no candidate will allow sitting in the examination hall until he or she has a valid admit card. Thus, while leaving your home or other places to attempt this civil service examination, make sure to carry your admit card.
Exam Pattern of Mizoram PSC
This civil service will also have three examinations like other civil service exams.
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
Preliminary Exam Pattern
Preliminary exam conducted by this commission will be offline (paper-based). The mode of the exam will be Objective and composed of multiple choice questions. Further, there will be negative marking in case of every wrong answer.
|No. of Papers||Subjects||Marks|
|1||General English I||100|
|2||General English II||100|
|3||General Studies I||200|
|4||General Studies II||200|
|5||General Studies III||200|
Kindly note that the marks that would score by you in the Preliminary exam will not be get added while calculating the final outcome but this level is mandatory to qualify else you will not be considered to attempt the Main examination.
Main Exam Pattern
The Mizoram Civil Services Main Examinations will be an offline (paper-based) exam like the Preliminary exam which is supposed to conduct (tentative) in the first week of November 2019.
The Main exam will have four necessary papers carrying 100 marks each. Besides, there will be two optional papers as listed under regulation 10. Each optional paper will carry 100 marks. The total duration that will allow completing the Main exam will be 3 hours.
It is mandatory to qualify this level as it will not only give you a pathway to get entered in the Interview round but the marks obtained in this level will get counted while calculating the final results.
The interview will be the last round. It will of 100 marks. It will access the intellectual and mental level of the candidates along with having the knowledge about Mizoram states and its associated areas. Hence, you should prepare for this interview with hard work as its marks will add in the final result along with marks that would have obtained in the Main examination.
Syllabus of Mizoram Public Service Commission
To download the syllabus of this civil service exam, kindly log in the official web portal of this commission as it has included the list of all subjects that need to learn thoroughly to crack this exam.
Tips to crack Mizoram PSC
It is not so easy to crack this civil service exam. The numbers of candidates are going to attempt this exam this year, but only a few will get their position. But if you will take the help of below tips then you can clear this civil service exam even in the first attempt. Hence, make sure to remember these until you get succeed.
- Take the help of a timetable which includes a proper schedule of the chapters that will come in this exam as well as time left. All the chapters should divide into small concepts thereby it can understand thoroughly.
- Make sure to solve mock tests as well as previous year question papers as it will help you to analyze the level of the exam.
- Revise the whole syllabus twice or thrice or until you get confident that you have learnt all.
- Believe on self-study as it will help you to complete the whole syllabus within time. If you join coaching centres and start believing that you will able to complete the whole syllabus over there, then you are doing a mistake as coaching centres have their rules and regulations and you have to follow these. Hence, you should trust on you and try to complete the whole concepts before a month of the exam.
If you still need more help, then you can explore the official website of this commission (http://mpsc.mizoram.gov.in), else, you can write your query in the following comment box as stated earlier.