The Mizoram Public Service Commission is better known as Mizoram PSC, who is an authorized body eligible to conduct the MPSC exam to select candidates for different posts pertaining to government jobs in the state of Mizoram.
Candidates who apply and clear the examination will be recruited to the various state government administrative positions of the civil services cadre.
This article focuses on providing complete details of the Mizoram civil services exam 2020 with respect to exam dates, online application form, application fees, eligibility conditions, admit card details, exam pattern, syllabus, cut off, results, vacancies, preparation tips, and the best books to refer. The official website of the commission is mpsc.mizoram.gov.in
Mizoram PSC 2020 – Important Dates
Candidates shall note down the important dates to apply for Mizoram PSC 2020 before the deadline is reached. Kindly note the following dates specified by the commission in the official gazette notification:
|Exam events||Important dates|
|Official notification release date||To be updated|
|ONLINE application start date||To be updated|
|Application submission end date||To be updated|
|Prelims Exam||To be updated|
|Mains Exam||To be updated|
Mizoram PSC Online Application Form
The Mizoram PSC makes the application for candidates available from the time the official notification will be published on the website. Candidates have to check all details and submit the form before the deadline is approached. Follow these steps to submit the application on the MPSC website:
- Application to be submitted in OFFLINE mode.
- Candidates can collect the application form in person from the Mizoram PSC office.
- They have to fill in all requisite and compulsory details cited in the form.
- Stick photograph and attach necessary documents for verification.
- Place your signature on the form.
- Cross-check all the details you’ve given out in the form.
- Submit the form at the office and receive an acknowledgment.
Intrested candidates trying to attempt IAS Exam? Read this article: IAS Exam.
Candidates have to note the variation in fees for different categories.
- For general merit candidates belonging to the state of Mizoram: INR 300
- For interstate candidates: INR 300
- For SC/ST candidates of State of Mizoram: INR 150
- For OBC and persons with disabilities of state of Mizoram: INR 150
Fees can be paid in OFFLINE mode only, in three ways listed below:
- Through direct cash payment at the state commission office.
- Depositing fee into the Treasury of Mizoram PSC ( specifications as provided by commission)
- By sending an uncrossed postal order to the state commission.
Admit Card 2020
The admit card for the Mizoram PSC civil service exam 2020 shall be made available in the ONLINE mode on the official website. Candidates need to check the website for timely updates so that they can download and report any discrepancies with the state commission.
Steps to download admit card
- Visit the official website of MPSC.
- Search for the link to download the admit card.
- Click on the exact activated link that will provide direct download of admit card.
- Enter details if asked, like registration number and date of birth.
- Admit card will be displayed.
- Download/print the Admit card.
- All candidates who are citizens of India are eligible to apply for Mizoram PSC civil services exam 2020.
- Also, candidates have to satisfy additional eligibility criteria that they have to compulsorily be permanent residents of Mizoram to be able to apply for the exam.
- If a candidate whose ancestors belonged to the state of Mizoram with permanent resident status, such candidates are also permitted to take up the exam, provided they have all the necessary documentation to prove their resident status.
- All candidates who have obtained a minimum bachelors’ degree/ 3 years graduation degree/ have written graduation exam and awaiting results/ any equivalent degree that is recognized by the government of India shall be considered eligible to apply.
- All candidates must compulsorily know Mizo language to apply for the exam.
Minimum age limit: 21 years
Maximum age limit: 35 years.
Age relaxation is applicable to those candidates who belong to the reserved categories.
- For SC/ST – Relaxation in the upper limit, up to 5 years.
- For persons with disabilities – up to 10 years
- For persons with disabilities belonging to SC/ST categories: 10 years plus 5 years additional relaxation
Number of Attempts
There is no cap in the number of attempts, but candidates should adhere to the upper age limit relaxation.
Mizoram Civil Service Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern of the Mizoram PSC is given below; it consists of three rounds – the prelims, mains, and the interview round.
- The prelims round consists of two papers – the general studies paper and the general aptitude paper.
- Both papers are conducted for 200 marks
- Duration is two hours each.
- Both papers are objective type.
- It consists of a descriptive type of paper.
- The exam consists of 4 compulsory papers.
- Compulsory papers are general English, general essay, and general studies 1 and 2 papers.
- Candidates have to choose two optional subjects.
- There shall be two papers on each optional subject.
- Totally there are 8 papers.
- All papers carry equal marks i.e., 100 marks.
- The composite marks of optional paper are 200 marks. Two optional needs to be chosen.
- Each paper will be conducted for three hours.
- Papers shall be set in both English and Mizo language.
- The interview round shall be conducted for a maximum of 100 marks.
- All candidates who clear the main exam successfully, above the cut off marks set by the commission, shall be considered eligible to attend the interview.
- The marks obtained in the mains exam along with the interview marks shall be counted for the final totaling of marks for preparing a final rank list of selected candidates.
Mizoram Civil Service Syllabus
The complete syllabus can be downloaded in PDF format. Candidates are advised to understand the entire syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. Also, candidates can note the most important and brief points of the syllabus here:
Prelims & Mains
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Economy of India and polity
- Constitution of India, governance, and bureaucracy
- Social development and poverty alleviation measures.
- Environmental science, biodiversity, ecology
- Mizo language, culture, and language
- Mizo statistics and demographics
- Panchayat Raj system in our country
- Policymaking and financial framework
- Budge allocation and five year plans
- Indian natural resources and infrastructure
- Wildlife and ecology conservation ‘Habitats, vegetation and agriculture
General Aptitude (CSAT)
- Detailed Comprehension type of questions
- Data interpretation
- Data analysis and numerical problems
- Data sufficiency questions
- Charts, graphs, statistics.
- Translation and English vocabulary, grammar-based questions
- English grammar
- Vocabulary, idioms, and phrases
- Sentence and paragraph writing
- Sentence completion
- Precise writing
- Letter writing
- English detailed comprehension
- Candidates have to write an essay on given topics.
- They will have choices to select from
- Candidates should be mindful of the word limit set in the question paper.
- The cut off marks for prelims and mains shall be specified separately after announcing the results online in the official site.
- There shall be no cut off marks for interview round.
- The cut off mark is not a standard entity.
- They tend to vary every year and are decided at the discretion of the state commission.
- The number of participants in the current year, the number of candidates who cleared the exam, the toughness level of the exam, and the availability of posts indicate the cut off marks for the year.
Results shall be announced after every round of the exam. Candidates have to check the website from time to time to see if the results have been announced. Steps to check results on the official site are indicated below:
- Results can be checked ONLINE by visiting the official website.
- Login into the website
- Go to the RESULTS section.
- Check if the link to check current year results has been activated.
- IF yes, then enter valid registration id, date of birth, and any other details requested by the commission.
- Upon successful validation of details, results shall be displayed.
- Download mark sheet/ take a print copy and save for future references.
Every year, the Mizoram PSC conducts the civil services exam to recruit deserving candidates to various posts as listed under. The number of jobs is bound to vary. Some of the potions for which the Mizoram PSC civil services exam 2020 is conducted are:
- Law Officer/Special Officer/ District Organizer
- Block Technology Manager for the Department of Agriculture.
- Primary or Middle School Teacher
- Assistant Engineer for various departments
- Adventure Organizers
- Stenographer Posts and college principals.
Preparation Tips for Mizoram civil service exam
- Prelims and mains exam have a major focus on the general studies paper. So elaborate preparation should be dedicated to this paper alone.
- Be choosy while selecting the two optional subjects.
- The optional subject should be chosen based on one’s aptitude in the subject.
- Increase your general awareness by reading newspapers and updating your knowledge by going through competitive examination magazines.
- Read scientific journals to read the latest from the science and technology field.
- Prepare notes and attend online mock test series/ assessment tests.
- Mizoram PSC is quite challenging as the commission can pop questions from any corner of the syllabus. Hence giving importance to every small topic in the syllabus is essential.
- Place due importance on the latest offerings by the Mizoram government, initiatives, citizen-friendly measures, program implementations, and schemes, etc. They play a vital role in the paper.
- Be presentable in your answers.
Most important list of recommended books for the exam
- NCERT books from standard 6th to 12th are very essential reference sources.
- English for Competitive exams in the area of idioms and phrases by Roshan Tolani
- Objective English by S P Bakshi
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Certificate Physical and Human geography
- Competitive and general knowledge series by Lucent publications
- Arihant General knowledge series
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles