MPPSC 2020: The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission is yet to announce the dates for the MPPSC State Civil Services Exam for the year 2020. The commission has recently published an official notification that cites postponement of all exams slated for the year 2020 under the MPPSC. However, MPPSC 2019 conducted its prelims exam on 12th January 2020, and later the prelims result on 29th June 2020. Further notification from the commission is awaited in this regard. This article focuses on MPPSC 2020 and its related details like important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, issue of admit cards, exam pattern, syllabus, answer keys, results, cut off marks and exam centres.
Please Note: Due to the widespread COVID-19 pandemic, MPPSC Mains Exam 2020 has postponed. Candidates can check the latest updates in this regard on the official website from time to time.
MPPSC Exam Dates 2020
The dates for MPPSC 2020 are shortly anticipated by the commission. Let us take a look at the dates of the MPPSC 2019 exams that were conducted till the prelims round. Check out:
|Important Event||Important Dates|
|MPPSC Application Form||20 November 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||12 December 2019|
|MPPSC Admit Card||05 January 2020|
|MPPSC Prelims Exam Date||12 January 2020|
|MPPSC Preliminary Exam Result||29 June 2020|
|MPPSC Mains Exam Date||will be announced soon|
|MPPSC Main Exam Result||will be announced soon|
|MPPSC Interview||will be announced soon|
MPPSC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates who wish to apply for MPPSC 2020 exams must fulfil the following eligibility criteria before making an application. Kindly go through the conditions in details here:
- All Indian citizens are eligible to apply for MPPSC 2020.
- All candidates aspiring for MPPSC state civil services exam should have a minimum bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- Candidates pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they have a valid degree certificate at the time of MPPSC Mains exam 2020.
- The minimum age limit for applying to MPPSC Exam is 21 years.
- The maximum age limit is 40 years.
Different categories have varying age relaxation norms, and the same has been specified below:
- For female candidates – Relaxation in age limit up to 10 years.
- For physically disabled candidates – Up to 5 years.
- For SC/ST/OBC aspirants of MP state – up to 5 years.
- For widows and divorcees – up to 5 years.
- For defence personnel – up to 3 years.
Number of Attempts
- For candidates who are permanent residents of MP, the minimum numbers of attempts are 19 times and maximum numbers of attempts are 24 times.
- For candidates who are non-native aspirants of MP state, a maximum of 9 times is allowed.
MPPSC 2020 Application Form
All candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria can go ahead and fill up the online application form. While filling the application form for MPPSC 2020, candidates also have to keep scanned documents and signatures ready to upload. Look through more details about paying application fees and other aspects in elaborate in this section:
Steps to Fill the MPPSC Online Application Form
- Visit the official website of MPPSC 2020.
- On the right hand side of the portal, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- Click on the appropriate application link that specifies MPPSC state civil services exam 2020.
- Register on the website and get a login ID and password details.
- Enter application form and fill in all details correctly.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in specified formats.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- Submit application. Save or download the submitted application form.
- Candidates are advised to not send hard copies of the submitted application form to the commission through the post. ONLINE SUBMISSION IS SUFFICIENT.
Different categories have been designated different fees as per stipulations from the government. Look at the list below for fee details:
- For General and Unreserved categories – INR 500
- For SC/ST/OBC and persons with disabilities belonging to MP state – INR 250
- Candidates have two options to remit exam fees for MPPSC 2020, through Internet Banking facility/ debit card or credit cards and also through MP state online centre.
MPPSC 2020 Admit Card
The admit card is a valuable document for every applicant, and it needs to be taken to the exam hall without fail. Candidates who fail to bring their admit cards shall not be allowed to attempt the exam. The admit card contains all important details like candidate name, contact details, registration number, exam date and venue details, address of exam centre etc.
Steps to download MPPSC Admit Card 2020
- Visit the official website and go to the homepage.
- Click on admit card on the right hand side of the portal.
- Click on the relevant exam link in the following window.
- Enter candidate application number, date of birth and verification code.
- Upon validation of login details, candidates will get their admit cards.
- Download and take a hard copy print out of the admit card.
- Check for correctness of entries in the admit card. If any discrepancy is found, contact the concerned person in the commission immediately.
MPPSC Exam Pattern 2020
The following section explains the detailed MPPSC Exam Pattern. All details about exam papers, duration, total marks and subjects are provided here. MPPSC 2020 consists of three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview round.
- Consists of two papers – paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1 is the General Studies paper of 200 marks and 2 hours duration.
- Paper 2 is the General Aptitude Test of 200 marks and 2 hours duration.
- All questions are of general objective-based and multiple choice types.
- No negative marking for incorrect answers.
- This exam is only for qualifying purposes; marks are not considered for calculating the final score.
|Paper Number||Paper Name||Max marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||General Studies||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2||General Aptitude Test||200||2 Hours|
- All answers need to be in the descriptive types, no objective-based questions.
- Totally 6 papers.
- The first 4 papers are General Studies 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The first 4 papers can be attempted in either Hindi or English.
- Fifth paper is General Hindi, and sixth paper is Hindi essay writing.
|Paper Number||Paper Name||Total Marks||Total Duration|
|Paper 1||General Studies 1||300||3 hours|
|Paper 2||General Studies 2||300||3 hours|
|Paper 3||General Studies 3||300||3 hours|
|Paper 4||General Studies 4||200||3 hours|
|Paper 5||General Hindi Language||200||3 hours|
|Paper 6||Hindi Essay Writing||100||2 hours|
All candidates who successfully score above the cut off marks specified for MPPSC Mains 2020 shall receive a call for the personality test round. It is conducted for a total of 175 marks. Combined marks of mains round and interview round shall determine the applicant’s final score.
MPPSC Syllabus 2020
Candidates are advised to prepare for the exam keeping the syllabus in hand. All important topics and sub-topics need to be given equal importance. The brief lists of important topics to be covered are provided here:
MPPSC Prelims Syllabus
Paper 1 – General Studies
- General science and technology
- Environmental studies
- History of Indian
- Indian freedom struggle movement
- Current affairs at local, national and international levels
- History, language, culture and geographical facts of MP state
- Indian constitution, polity and economy of MP state.
Paper 2 – General Aptitude Test
- Communication skills and verbal reasoning
- General numerical and maths ability questions.
- Logical reasoning sections and analytical thinking.
MPPSC Mains Syllabus
Paper 1 – General Studies 1
- History of India with importance to Indian national freedom struggle movement.
- World history.
- World geography and Indian geography.
- Water resources and management of water and pollution.
- Ecology and disaster management.
Paper 2 – General Studies 2
- Indian constitution and civil laws.
- Security aspects of the nation and cyber security topics.
- Socio economic development of the nation and social legislature.
- Economic and social sector development.
Paper 3 – General Studies 3
- IT and telecommunications
- Science and technology
- General reasoning and data sufficiency
- Data interpretation and numerical.
Paper 4- General Studies 4
- Indian constitution and laws.
- Indian civil administration.
- Indian polity and policy making.
- Ethics and integrity.
Paper 5– General Hindi language
- Precise writing
- Sentence completion
- Passage writing
- Letter writing
Paper 6 – Essay
- Essay on important topics of general interest and current affairs of national importance.
- Essays have to be descriptive and conform to the central theme of the topic.
All candidates who are selected for the interview round should present a pleasing personality. They will be assessed by a panel of judges for their communication and interpersonal skills, verbal spoken skills, general and current awareness, specific intelligence related to civil services, emotional intelligence, expression of ideas and capability to serve in the officer post of the state services.
MPPSC Answer Keys
The MPPSC releases the answer keys in the PDF format a few days after the conduct of the exam. After each phase of the exam, the commission releases the answer keys. Candidates can calculate their approximate scores by reading through the answer keys. After the provisional answer keys are released, candidates can raise objections for published answers. The commission will scrutinize all valid objections and release the final answer keys in a later date.
MPPSC 2020 Result
The MPPSC releases exam results after all three phases of the exam. Every time candidates can check their results in the following way:
- Log in to the official website
- Click on the results section.
- Click on the link that specifies the MPPSC Exam 2020.
- Results will be displayed in PDF format.
- Candidates can check results from the list.
MPPSC Cut Off
A few days after the result announcement, the MPPSC will display cut off marks on the official website. It depends on the category the candidate belongs to, number of applicants and students attempting the exam, toughness level of the exam and many other factors. Hence, the cut off marks tend to vary every year. It is 40% for General Merit students and 30% for SC/ST/OBC and persons with disabilities.
MPPSC Exam Centres
The list of exam centres for MPPSC 2020 is given below:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Full Form of MPPSC?
MPPSC full form is Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission.
2. What is the MPPSC maximum age limit?
The maximum age limit is 40 years.
3. How many vacancies are there in MPPSC 2020?
4. Is there any negative marking in MPPSC?
There is no negative marking.
5. Official website of MPPSC