MPPSC 2022: The full form of MPPSC is Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission. MPPSC conducts State Service Examination to recruit for various posts such as Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Commercial Tax Officer, etc. in government departments and offices in the state of Madhya Pradesh. This article gives detail information about MPPSC 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, result and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check MPPSC Exam 2022 Dates on the official website of the commission.
MPPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates who wish to apply for MPPSC 2022 must fulfil the following eligibility criteria before making an application. Kindly go through the conditions in details here:
- Nationality: All Indian citizens are eligible to apply
- Educational Qualification: Candidate should have a minimum bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 21 years, and maximum age limit is 40 years.
- Age Relaxation: Different categories have varying age relaxation norms, and the same has been specified below:
- Female Candidates – Relaxation in age limit up to 10 years.
- Physically Disabled Candidates – Up to 5 years.
- SC/ST/OBC aspirants of MP state – up to 5 years.
- Widows and Divorcees – up to 5 years.
- Defence Personnel – up to 3 years.
- Number of Attempts: For candidates who are permanent residents of MP, the minimum numbers of attempts are 19 times, and maximum numbers of attempts are 24 times. Non-native aspirants of MP state, a maximum of 9 times is allowed.
MPPSC 2022 Application Form
All candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria can go ahead and fill up the ONLINE application form. While filling the MPPSC 2022 application, candidates also have to keep scanned documents and signatures ready to upload. Step by step process to fill the MPPSC Online Application Form is given below
- Visit the official website – mppsc.nic.in
- On the right hand side of the portal, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- Click on the appropriate application link that specifies MPPSC State Service Exam 2022.
- Register on the website and get a login ID and password details.
- Enter application form and fill in all details correctly.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature in specified formats.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- Submit application. Save or download the submitted application form.
- Candidates are advised to not send hard copies of the submitted application form to the commission through the post. ONLINE SUBMISSION IS SUFFICIENT.
Different categories have been designated different fees as per stipulations from the government. Look at the list below for fee details:
- For General and Unreserved categories – INR 500
- For SC/ST/OBC and persons with disabilities belonging to MP state – INR 250
- Candidates have two options to remit exam fees for MPPSC 2022, through Internet Banking facility/ debit card or credit cards and also through MP state online centre.
MPPSC 2022 Admit Card
The admit card is a valuable document for every applicant, and it needs to be taken to the exam hall without fail. Candidates who fail to bring their admit cards shall not be allowed to attempt the exam. The admit card contains all important details like candidate name, contact details, registration number, exam date and venue details, address of exam centre etc. Step by step process to download MPPSC Admit Card is given below
- Visit the official website – mppsc.nic.in
- Click on Admit Card on the right hand side of the portal.
- Click on the relevant exam link in the following window.
- Enter candidate application number, date of birth and verification code.
- Upon validation of login details, candidates will get their admit cards.
- Download and take a hard copy print out of the admit card.
- Check for correctness of entries in the admit card. If any discrepancy is found, contact the concerned person in the commission immediately.
MPPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
MPPSC 2022 Examination consists of three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview round.
Exam Pattern for Prelims
- Consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- All questions are of General Objective-based and Multiple Choice types.
- No ‘Negative Marking’ for incorrect answers.
- This exam is only for Qualifying Purposes; marks are not considered for calculating the final score.
|Paper Number||Paper Name||Max marks||Duration|
|Paper I||General Studies||200||2 Hours|
|Paper II||General Aptitude Test||200||2 Hours|
Exam Pattern for Mains
- MPPSC Mains Exam consists, a total of 6 papers
- All answers need to be in the Descriptive Types, no objective-based questions.
- The first four papers are General Studies I, II, III and IV, and can be attempted in either English or Hindi.
- Fifth paper is General Hindi, and sixth paper is Hindi Essay Writing.
|Paper Number||Paper Name||Total Marks||Total Duration|
|Paper I||General Studies-I||300||3 hours|
|Paper II||General Studies-II||300||3 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies-III||300||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Studies-IV||200||3 hours|
|Paper V||General Hindi Language||200||3 hours|
|Paper VI||Hindi Essay Writing||100||2 hours|
- Personal Interview will be for 175 marks. Combined marks of mains round and interview round shall determine the applicant’s final score.
MPPSC 2022 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to prepare for the exam keeping the MPPSC syllabus in hand. All important topics and sub-topics need to be given equal importance. The brief lists of important topics to be covered are provided here:
MPPSC Preliminary Syllabus
- Paper I – General Studies: General Science and Technology, Environmental Studies, History of Indian, Indian Freedom Struggle Movement, Current Affairs at Local, National and International Levels, History, Language, Culture, Geographical Facts, Indian Constitution, Polity and Economy of MP state.
- Paper II – General Aptitude Test: Communication Skills and Verbal Reasoning, General Numerical and Maths Ability Questions, Logical Reasoning sections and Analytical thinking.
MPPSC Mains Syllabus
- Paper I – General Studies-I: History of India, World History, World Geography and Indian Geography, Water Resources and Management of Water and Pollution, Ecology and Disaster Management.
- Paper II – General Studies-II: Indian Constitution and Civil Laws, Security aspects of the nation and cyber security topics, Socio economic development of the nation and social legislature, Economic and social sector development.
- Paper III – General Studies-III: IT and Telecommunications, Science and Technology, General reasoning and data sufficiency, Data interpretation and numerical.
- Paper IV – General Studies-IV: Indian Constitution and Laws, Indian Civil Administration, Indian Polity and Policy making, Ethics and integrity.
- Paper V – General Hindi language: Grammar, Precise writing, Sentence completion, Translation, Passage writing, Letter writing
- Paper VI – Essay: Important topics of general interest and current affairs of national importance. Essays have to be descriptive and conform to the central theme of the topic.
- All candidates who are selected for the interview round should present a pleasing personality.
- They will be assessed by a panel of judges for their communication and interpersonal skills, verbal spoken skills, general and current awareness, specific intelligence related to civil services, emotional intelligence, expression of ideas and capability to serve in the officer post of the state services.
MPPSC 2022 Answer Keys
The MPPSC releases the answer keys in the PDF format a few days after the conduct of the exam. After each phase of the exam, the commission releases the answer keys. Candidates can calculate their approximate scores by reading through the answer keys. After the provisional answer keys are released, candidates can raise objections for published answers. The commission will scrutinize all valid objections and release the final answer keys in a later date.
MPPSC 2022 Result
The MPPSC releases exam results after all three phases of the exam. Every time candidates can check their results in the following way:
- Log in to the official website – mppsc.nic.in
- Click on the result section.
- Click on the link that specifies the MPPSC Exam 2021.
- Results will be displayed in PDF format.
- Candidates can check results from the list.
MPPSC 2022 Cut Off
A few days after the result announcement, the MPPSC will display cut off marks on the official website. It depends on the category the candidate belongs to, number of applicants and students attempting the exam, toughness level of the exam and many other factors. Hence, the cut off marks tend to vary every year. It is 40% for General Merit students and 30% for SC/ST/OBC and persons with disabilities.
MPPSC 2022 Exam Centres
The list of exam centres for MPPSC 2022 is given below: