The MPPSC or Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the state commission exams for recruiting candidates to its various administrative cadres of the state of MP.
Candidates have to study the official notification in detail that will be published officially on the website. They have to check the eligibility conditions before applying for the exam.
Also, applications have to be completed and sent to the commission before the deadline is approached. In this article, we present the complete details regarding the MPPSC 2020 exam, including important dates, the application process, and exam fee, admit card details, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility conditions to be satisfied, cut off, results, preparation tips and recommended books for studies. The official website is http://www.mppsc.nic.in
MPPSC 2020 – Exam Dates
|Examination event||Important Dates|
|MPPSC official Notification release date||To be updated|
|Start of the online application process||To be updated|
|Deadline to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Allowance for candidates to make corrections in the application form, if any||To be updated|
|MPPSC Admit Card download||To be updated|
|MPPSC Preliminary Exam||To be updated|
MPPSC 2020 Application Form – Apply Online
The MPPSC state commission opens the portal for candidates to submit applications in the ONLINE mode. The commission shall entertain no other mode of application. Candidates should double-check all criteria before applying as fees once paid shall not be refunded at any cost. The steps to apply online for MPPSC civil service exam 2020 is mentioned below:
- Visit the official site and enter the homepage.
- Enter the section “Apply Online.”
- Click on the activated link – MPPSC State Civil Services Application Form 2020.
- Candidates need to register on the website.
- For registration purposes, enter your name, date of birth, and e-mail id.
- After registration, log in to the website again using the valid id and password just created.
- In part 1 of the form, fill in all your personal details.
- In part 2, upload all relevant documents and scanned signature.
- Also, make the fee payment.
- Click on the submit button.
- You will receive an acknowledgment and a reference id for successful application submission.
Are you aspiring to attempt UPSC examination? Read this article: UPSC Exam.
The application fees for the exam depend on the category the candidate belongs to. Fees can be paid either in online or offline mode. In the online mode, candidates have to pay through the usage of debit cards, credit cards, or internet banking facilities. In the offline mode, candidates can pay in any bank and obtain a challan acknowledgment. This challan number can then be entered in the relevant space in the application form.
|Category to which the candidate belongs to||Fees|
|For SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates belonging to state of Madhya Pradesh||INR 250 only.|
|Other candidates who are from unreserved category||INR 500 only.|
MPPSC Admit card 2020
The admit card for candidates to appear in the exam shall be made available on the website for students to download. There is no other mode through which the commission will communicate to the student regarding the admit card. Also, all candidates should check for updates on the official site to see when the document is available for download. Candidates need to compulsorily download the admit card and carry it to the exam hall without fail.
Steps to download admit card
- Enter the homepage of the official website.
- Login with valid id and password.
- Enter the section – download admit cards for the MPPSC state service exam 2020.
- Enter registration number and date of birth.
- Admit card will be displayed.
- Download/ print the document.
MPPSC Eligibility 2020
The MPPSC state commission has laid down certain important eligibility criteria for candidates to check and adhere to strictly. Candidates who do not satisfy the minimum eligibility conditions should not make any application. Also, sending more than one application per candidate may lead to a disqualification of candidature. The most important criteria are:
- All candidates who are citizens of India can apply for the exam.
- Those candidates who possess a graduation degree from a recognized university of India are eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have completed professional courses as part of their graduation are also eligible to apply. These equivalent qualifications should also be recognized by the government.
- The general age limit to apply is 21 to 40 years.
- Age limit varies for reserved category students.
- Up to 5 years in the upper age limit shall be allowed for candidates both in-station and out-station candidates.
Number of attempts
- For general category – 5 attempts.
- For candidates belonging to other backward classes – 7.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories – Unlimited number of attempts.
MPPSC Exam Pattern 2020
The MPPSC civil services exam consists of three stages of exam- the prelims, mains, and the interview.
- Consists of 2 papers.
- Paper 1 is the general studies paper, and paper 2 is the general aptitude paper.
- Both are objective type and multiple-choice questions.
- Negative marking is not applicable for this exam, and candidates are requested to make a note of the same.
The following details are tabulated below:
|Paper No.||Subject Names||Maximum Marks||Maximum Duration|
|Paper 1||General Studies Paper||200 marks only||2 hours only|
|Paper 2||Aptitude test or CSAT paper||200 marks only||2 hours only|
- The next level of the exam is the mains exam.
- It consists of a total of 6 papers.
- The first four papers are based on general studies.
- The fifth and sixth papers are general Hindi and General Essay papers, respectively.
- All papers are descriptive and subjective by nature.
The six papers and their marks distribution are listed below:
|Paper No.||Subject Name||Duration in hours||Marks allotted|
|Paper 1||General Study-I Paper||03 Hours only||300 marks|
|Paper 2||General Study-II Paper||03 Hours only||300 marks|
|Paper 3||General Study-III Paper||03 Hours only||300 marks|
|Paper 4||General Study-IV Paper||03 Hours only||300 marks|
|Paper 5||General Hindi Paper||02 Hours only||200 marks|
|Paper 6||Essay writing Paper||02 Hours only||100 marks|
- Those candidates who clear the written round successfully shall be called in for the interview round.
- Total marks of interview round – 175.
- Mains Exam marks plus interview round marks decide the final rank of the candidate.
The same has been tabulated below for kind reference of the candidate:
|Mains exam total marks||1500|
|Interview round Marks||175|
|Final marks for preparing rank list||1675|
MPPSC Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for each round of exam is listed in brief in this section. For the complete syllabus candidates can download from the official site.
There are two papers. The brief syllabus of each paper is listed here:
For paper 1 – General Studies
Science and environmental studies with focus on general topics of interest.
Current affairs and general knowledge.
History of India with greater focus on freedom struggle and Indian national movement.
World geographical knowledge and Indian geography in particular.
Indian constitutional studies, political scenario, governance and bureaucracy,
Knowledge of MP state in detail.
History, geography, statistics, language and culture, demographical data of MP state.
Latest trends in IT.
Administration, policy making, economic and fiscal policies.
For paper-2 – CSAT/General aptitude paper, focus on the following sections
General essay writing and detailed comprehension
Communication- written and spoken wise.
Numerical and analytical problem solving.
Logical reasoning skills.
Hindi language test- basic level.
Math’s and number problems.
For the mains exam, the following points in syllabus are to be noted:
Paper 1 – General Studies part 1
Indian history and culture
History of Madhya Pradesh
Renaissance era and interrelation with world history.
Natural resource distribution in India.
Water resources, climatic conditions.
Agricultural ecology in India
Soil management practices, geographical distribution
Ecology and environmental conservation
Disaster management in India
Paper 2 – General Studies part 2
Indian politics and administration.
Governance and bureaucracy
Economic policies and framework of India
Financial policies and fiscal structure
Different welfare and developmental citizen charter programs
Department of education, health, women empowerments.
Paper 3 – General Studies part 3
Science and technological development
Space technology in India
Growth and revolution of IT
Reasoning and data interpretation questions
Paper 4 – General Studies part 4
Case studies from different sections
Human philosophy and thinking.
Social reforms in society.
Paper 5 – General Hindi
Sentence and paragraph writing.
Comprehension and translation
Paper 6 – Essay writing in Hindi
Candidates are required to write essays on three topics. Topics to be selected from the list indicated in the paper.
Interview will be based on current topics of interest, general awareness topics, specific knowledge on subjects, MP state specific questions, other subjects which are studied by the candidate at graduation level, etc.
MPPSC Cut off
The cut off marks vary every year.
- There are two types of cut off marks – qualifying cut off marks and overall cut off marks.
- The qualifying cut off marks – cut off marks displayed by the commission after the prelims results are out.
Cut off marks for prelims are as given below:
For general category: 40%
For SC/ST/OBC/Persons with disabilities – 30%
- Overall cut off marks depends on the following factors :
- Difficulty level of exam
- No. of candidates applied for the exam.
- No. of candidates cleared the exam.
- Number of posts/ vacancies.
The results of every round of the exam will be displayed on the official site. The cut off marks along with the answer keys will accompany the results. Here is the step by step procedure to check results:
- Visit the official site.
- Login with valid credentials.
- Go to the results section.
- Click on the appropriate link to check the results of the particular round of MPPSC civil services exam 2020.
- Enter registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- Check results and check for any discrepancies.
- Print/download results.
MPPSC Vacancy 2020
The exact number of vacancies for the following posts will be updated from time to time.
|Post Name||Number of vacancies|
|Finance Department services (Subordinate Account officers)||To be updated|
|Revenue Department officer||To be updated|
|School Education Department officers||To be updated|
|Finance Department officers||To be updated|
|State Administrative Service officers||To be updated|
|State Police Service personnel||To be updated|
|Social Justice and PH Welfare Department officers||To be updated|
|Public Relation Department officers||To be updated|
|Food and Civil Supply and Consumer Department personnel||To be updated|
|Total number of vacancies for 2020||To be updated|
How to Prepare for MPPSC
Here are some of the best preparation strategies for MPPSC exam:
- Study all foundation and elementary topics form NCERT 10th/12th books.
- Have a good understanding of the syllabus and stick to the syllabus.
- State-level knowledge of GK, history, language, and culture is fundamental to scoring high scores in the exam.
- Multiple choice questions are given in reference books and general knowledge questions in internet help for the prelims exam.
- Since there is no negative marking, be judicious while answering.
- Give good importance to government schemes, acts, rules, and regulations. They consume a fairly good part of MPPSC exams.
- Understand the distribution of marks for each section in the paper. Refer to previous year question papers.
- Coaching is not needed. Good self-study and practice is sufficient.
- Maintain word limit in essay type questions. This is very important.
- Be selective about the sources of study. Arrange for comprehensive knowledge books rather than having 1 book per subject.
- Presentation of answers in a suitable manner is essential for mains paper.
Best books for MPPSC
- General objective series by lucent publications.
- Collection of important acts by Mahavir publications.
- Book on Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth.
- Book on Indian history by Mahesh Barnwal of NCERT fame.
- (Magazine) Rojgar Nirman for general knowledge and general studies.
- Comprehensive book on Madhya Pradesh by Hindi Granth academy.
- MP state knowledge book by Mc Graw Hill.
- Book on Geography by author Mahesh Barnwal.
- Yearly subscription on Current affairs by Speedy publications.
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles
|MPSC Exam||UPPSC Exam||GPSC Exam|
|JPSC||WBPSC Exam||BPSC Exam|
|RPSC Exam||TNPSC Exam||Meghalaya PSC|
|MPSC Manipur||KPSC Exam||Kerala PSC|
|APPSC Exam||Arunachal Pradesh PSC|