Manipur PSC 2022: The Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) conducts the State Civil Service Examination to recruit candidates to various services of the administrative cadre of the state government. Candidates must ensure that they comply with the eligibility conditions and various other requirements to apply for the exam. The official website of the commission is mpscmanipur.gov.in. This article gives detail information about Manipur PSC 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application process, admit card, result and more.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check Manipur Civil Service Exam 2022 Dates on the official website of the commission.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Manipur PSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must and should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria to qualify for the exam.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Manipur state.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have attained bachelor’s degrees/ graduation or equivalent from any university recognized by the government of India shall apply. The candidate must be able to speak the Manipuri language.
- Age Limit: The candidate shall not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years as on July 01, 2021.
- Age Relaxation: Age relaxation is applicable to those who belong to the reserved categories:
- SC/ST: 5 years in upper age limit
- OBC: 3 years in upper age limit
- Persons with disabilities: 10 years in the upper age limit.
- Number of Attempts: There is a set number that specifies the number of attempts a candidate can make to clear the Civil Service Exam of the Manipur state. They are:
- General Merit candidates: 6 attempts
- OBC: 9 attempts
- SC/ST: No limits
- Persons with disabilities: No limits
Manipur PSC 2022 Application Form
Below we have provided the step by step Manipur Civil Service Application Process in detail.
- Visit the official website – www.empsconline.gov.in.
- To apply for any post, the candidate has to register on the website as a One-Time Registration.
- After registration, login into the website and fill the application form.
- Candidate has to enter personal information such as name, address, gender, education qualification, etc. in the form.
- Upload relevant documents, photographs, and scanned signature.
- Pay the relevant fees.
- Submit the application form.
- Make a note of the reference id and download the submitted application form and take a print copy of the same.
The application fee to be paid only in the ONLINE mode. The commission shall duly reject any other mode of payment, paid by candidates to the commission. Fees once paid are not refundable under any circumstances. The fee varies according to the category the candidate belongs to:
- General Merit: INR 600
- SC/ST: INR 400
- Physically Disabled candidates: No Fee.
Manipur PSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The Manipur Civil Service Exam consists of three stages, namely Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The prelim exam is an objective type.
- It consists of two paper, i.e. Paper-I General Studies and Paper-II CSAT.
- Each paper carries 200 marks each. Duration of each paper is 2 hours.
- Negative marking is applicable. For every wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- The marks obtained in the prelims are only for qualifying nature.
- Marks shall not be counted for the final calculation of marks for the grand total.
Mains Exam Pattern
- The mains exam consists of 8 papers.
- All papers are subjective in nature.
- 2 papers among the 8 papers are just for qualifying in the exam.
- The papers are – General English, General Essay, General Studies-I, II, III & IV, Optional Paper I & II.
- The written exam is conducted for a total of 1750 marks.
- The interview is carried out for 250 marks.
- Total marks of the main examination are 2025 marks.
Manipur PSC 2022 Syllabus
Below we have provided MPSC Manipur Syllabus in detail.
- Paper-I: General Studies – Current events of national and international importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic, Geography of India and the World, Indian Polity and Governance-Constitutional, Political System, Panchayat Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc, Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc, General Issues of Environment ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Paper-II: General Aptitude – Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including communication skills; Logical reasoning and analytic ability; Decision making and problem-solving; General mental ability; Basic numeracy (number and their relation, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- General English: English Grammar, Vocabulary, Precise writing and sentence completion, Paragraph writing , Idioms, phrases, and language usage.
- Essay: Candidates shall be asked to write an essay on given topics, they should keep up the central theme of the essay, they should write relevant points and present them crisply and concisely.
- General Studies-I: History of India and the world, Physical geography, Geography of Manipur, Socio-cultural aspects of the country, Geographical aspects of the world.
- General Studies-II: Indian polity and administration, Governance and bureaucracy, Constitution of India , India and international relations, Social justice
- General Studies-III: Science and technology, Biodiversity, Economic development, Ecology and environmental studies, Indian disaster management techniques
- General Studies-IV: Ethics, Integrity, Aptitude, Roles of a civil servant, Attitudes and behaviour management of civil service officers
- Candidates can be asked about general awareness and current affairs.
- The candidate shall be tested for his ability to serve in the managerial and higher up roles in the civil services cadre. Candidates shall be credited marks based on their mental alertness, capacity, aptitude, critical thinking, interpersonal thinking, communication skills, clarity in thinking.
- The candidate’s ability to engage in responsive and quick interactions with the panel shall be assessed.
Manipur PSC 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who do not possess the admit card issued by the commission shall not be granted permission to attempt the exam. The admit card is a compulsory and necessary document to be brought to the examination without fail. All details and important particulars of the candidate, together with exam timings, venue, etc. shall be indicated on the admit card. The step by step process to download MPSC Manipur Admit Card is given below.
- Visit the website – www.empsconline.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- The window for downloading the e-admit card shall open.
- Enter details like post name, candidate name, and date of birth.
- Submit these details.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download and print the admit card.
Manipur PSC 2022 Cut Off
The commission decides the cut off marks. For the prelims exam, candidates should score almost 12 to 13 times higher marks than the number of vacancies available for recruitment in the current year. Those candidates who score higher marks than this range shall proceed to the mains exam. After the mains exam, the commission shall decide the cut off the range and display it on the official website after the result announcement. Candidates who score above the main exam cut off range shall be called for the interview.
Manipur PSC 2022 Result
Results shall be displayed ONLINE after every round of the exam. Candidates shall not be intimated individually about the results through any other means. All candidates should check the website for the latest updates on results. The step by step process to check result is given below.
- Visit the official website
- In the notification section. Check if the results for the particular round of exam has been announced.
- If results are announced, click on the relevant link.
- The PDF document containing the result/ mark sheet shall be displayed.
- Take a print copy of the same.
Manipur PSC 2022 Vacancies
The number of posts and vacancies shall vary with every coming year. The probable list of jobs is listed here.
- Manipur Civil Service Grade-II
- Manipur Police Service Grade-II
- Manipur Finance Service Grade-III
- Sub Deputy Collector
- Manipur Secretariat
Manipur PSC 2022 Preparation Tips
- Candidates should understand the syllabus thoroughly.
- Preparation should begin in parallel for both prelims and mains.
- Revision from time to time will help cover the syllabus for the large chunk of papers in the main examination.
- Take up mock tests and online assessments.
- Self-assessment is the best tool.
- Since there are four papers in general studies for mains and two for prelims, the syllabus overlaps to a very great extent. Candidates should plan wisely.
- Be strategic in your approach; decide what to study and what not to.
- Don’t pile up too many books to study.
- Keep relevant sources of reference for the whole study time.
- Do not change books from time to time.
- Conduct peer discussions and reviews to encourage the participation of self in group discussions. This will help build communication skills for the interview.
- Every round of the exam is significant, and every part of the syllabus is equally important.
Recommended Books for MPSC Manipur Preparation
The indicative list of books to refer for Manipur Civil Service Exam is given below
- General Knowledge of Manipur from the RPH Editorial Board.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- NCERT Class 6th to 12th books
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- Geography by Majid Hussain