The Manipur Public Service Commission conducts the state civil service examination to recruit candidates to various services of the administrative cadre of the state government. Candidates must ensure that they comply with the eligibility conditions and various other requirements to apply for the exam. Also, candidates should be aware of the deadlines and other important dates to be in time for the exam.
The exam is a combined competitive exam conducted for the state civil services. The official website of the commission is mpscmanipur.gov.in. For online references, the official website concerned is empsconline.gov.in. This article provides complete details about Manipur PSC 2020 exam dates, the application process, and online fee, admit card details, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus, cut off, results, vacancies, preparation tips, and good books for preparation.
Manipur PSC 2020 – Exam Dates
|Official release of advertisement||To be updated soon|
|Application submission deadline||To be updated soon|
|Admit card download on official site||To be updated soon|
|Examination date – prelims and mains||To be updated soon|
|Result announcement||To be updated soon|
Manipur PSC Application Form 2020
- Visit the website www.empsconline.gov.in.
- Register on the website as a one-time registration.
- After this process, enter candidate details on the application form.
- Upload relevant documents, photographs, and scanned signature.
- Pay the relevant fees.
- Submit the application form.
- Make a note of the reference id.
- Download the submitted application form and take a print copy of the same.
Interested candidates trying to attempt the UPSC IAS Exam? Read this article: IAS Exam.
Fee varies according to the category the candidate belongs to:
For general merit: INR 600
For SC/ST: INR 400
For physically disabled candidates: No fee.
Mode of fee payment:
- Fees to be paid only in the ONLINE mode by visiting the www.empsconline.gov.in portal.
- The commission shall duly reject any other mode of fees paid by candidates to the commission.
- Fees once paid are not refundable under any circumstances.
For any queries regarding fee payment, the commission can be contacted at the email id: email@example.com.
Manipur PSC Admit Card 2020
Candidates who do not possess the admit card issued by the commission shall not be granted permission to attempt the exam. The admit card is a compulsory and necessary document to be brought to the examination without fail. All details and important particulars of the candidate, together with exam timings, venue, etc. shall be indicated on the admit card.
Steps to download admit card
- Visit the website www.empsconline.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- The window for downloading the e-admit card shall open.
- Enter details like post name, candidate name, and date of birth.
- Submit these details.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
- Download and print the admit card.
Manipur Public Service Commission Eligibility
The candidates must and should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria to qualify for the exam.
- Only candidates who are a citizen of India shall apply.
- All such applicants should be able to speak the Manipuri language.
- Candidate should also be a permanent member residing at Manipur.
- Candidates who have attained bachelor’s degrees/ graduation from any university recognized by the government of India shall apply.
- All those candidates who have applied shall produce the qualification documents later to the commission.
- Also, technical degrees that are equivalent to the bachelor’s degree shall be permitted.
- All candidates who have written the final year of their exam and awaiting results shall also apply.
Minimum age criteria: 21 years
Maximum age criteria: 38 years
Age relaxation is applicable to those who belong to the reserved categories:
For SC/ST: 5 years in upper age limit
For OBC: 3 years in upper age limit
For persons with disabilities: 10 years in the upper age limit.
Number of Attempts
There is a set number that specifies the number of attempts a candidate can make to clear the civil services exam of the Manipur state. They are:
For general merit candidates: 6 attempts
For OBC: 9 attempts
For SC/ST: No limits
For persons with disabilities: No limits
Manipur PSC Exam Pattern 2020
The exam consists of two rounds:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam – written exam plus interview round.
- The prelim is an objective type of question paper
- Each paper consists of two question papers – general studies 1 and general studies 2.
- Each paper carries 200 marks each.
- Negative marking is applicable.
- The marks obtained in the prelims are only for qualifying nature.
- Marks shall not be counted for the final calculation of marks for the grand total.
- Consists of both WRITTEN EXAM plus the INTERVIEW ROUND
- The mains exam consists of 8 papers totally.
- All papers are subjective.
- 2 papers among the 8 papers are just for qualifying in the exam.
- The papers are – General English, essay paper, General studies – 1,2,3,4 papers, Optional paper 1&2.
- The written exam is conducted for a total of 1750 marks.
- Interview is carried out for 250 marks.
- Total marks of the main examination are 2025 marks.
Manipur Public Service Syllabus
The complete details about the syllabus can be downloaded in pdf format. The brief aspects of the syllabus are listed below for quick reference:
- For General studies
- Current affairs and general knowledge
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Geography of India
- Indian economy and socio-economic development
- Indian polity and administration
- General mental aptitude and reasoning
- General science, technology, and IT-related.
- For General English
- English Grammar
- Precise writing and sentence completion
- Paragraph writing
- Idioms, phrases, and language usage.
- For Essay writing
- Candidates shall be asked to write an essay on given topics.
- They should keep up the central theme of the essay.
- They should write relevant points and present them crisply and concisely.
- They should mind the word count of the essay.
- For general studies -1 paper
- History of India and the world.
- Physical geography
- Geography of Manipur
- Socio-cultural aspects of the country.
- Geographical aspects of the world.
- For general studies paper -2
- Indian polity and administration
- Governance and bureaucracy
- Constitution of India
- India and international relations’
- Social justice
- For general studies paper -3
- Science and technology
- Economic development
- Ecology and environmental studies
- Indian disaster management techniques
- For general studies paper 4
- Roles of a civil servant
- Attitudes and behavior management of civil service officers
- Candidates can be asked about general awareness and current affairs.
- The candidate shall be tested for his ability to serve in the managerial and higher up roles in the civil services cadre.
- Candidates shall be credited marks based on their mental alertness, capacity, aptitude, critical thinking, interpersonal thinking, communication skills, clarity in thinking.
- The candidate’s ability to engage in responsive and quick interactions with the panel shall be assessed.
- The commission decides the cut off marks.
- For the prelims exam, candidates should score almost 12 to 13 times higher marks than the number of vacancies available for recruitment in the current year.
- Those candidates who score higher marks than this range shall proceed to the mains exam.
- After the mains exam, the commission shall decide the cut off the range and display it on the official website after the result announcement.
- Candidates who score above the main exam cut off range shall be called for the interview.
- Login to the official website
- In the notification section. Check if the results for the particular round of exam has been announced.
- If results are announced, click on the relevant link.
- The pdf document containing the result/ mark sheet shall be displayed.
- Take a print copy of the same.
Results shall be displayed ONLINE after every round of the exam. Candidates shall not be intimated individually about the results through any other means. All candidates should check the website for the latest updates on results.
Manipur PSC Vacancies
The number of posts and vacancies shall vary with every coming year. The probable list of jobs is listed here. The exact number of positions shall be updated later on:
- Sub Deputy Collector
- Manipur Secretariat
Preparation tips for Manipur PSC civil services exam
- Candidates should understand the syllabus thoroughly.
- Preparation should begin in parallel for both prelims and mains.
- Revision from time to time will help cover the syllabus for the large chunk of papers in the main examination.
- Take up mock tests and online assessments.
- Self-assessment is the best tool.
- Since there are four papers in general studies for mains and two for prelims, the syllabus overlaps to a very great extent. Candidates should plan wisely.
- Be strategic in your approach; decide what to study and what not to.
- Don’t pile up too many books to study.
- Keep relevant sources of reference for the whole study time.
- Do not change books from time to time.
- Conduct peer discussions and reviews to encourage the participation of self in group discussions. This will help build communication skills for the interview.
- Every round of the exam is significant, and every part of the syllabus is equally important.
Best Books for Manipur PSC Exam
The indicative list of books to refer for Manipur civil service exam is given below; candidates are advised to refer more standard sources for good preparation:
- Book on general knowledge of Manipur from the RPH editorial board.
- Quantitative aptitude by R S Agarwal
- Indian art and culture by Nitin Singhania
- NCERT Class 6th to 12th books
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- Geography by Majid Hussain
- CBSE NCERT Books
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles