If you are willing to get appointed to a government job in the state of Maharashtra, then this article is basically for you. The Maharashtra Public Service Commission was constituted by the governor of Maharashtra with an intention to make it fully responsible to recruit the interested candidates for the different government jobs in the state of Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission is also referred to as MPSC who is authorised to conduct the different examination to select the eligible candidates. There will be around 555 vacancies which will be filled by only those candidates who would qualify all the selection rounds.
The various positions include the Government of Maharashtra engineering jobs, Government of Maharashtra deputy collector jobs, Income Tax Department Maharashtra jobs, Government of Maharashtra jobs of police sub-inspector and basically for any post of Class I and Class II Officers Government of Maharashtra.
Further, this civil service exam can attempt by only those candidates who are eligible as per the norms prescribed by this commission. In this article, you will find eligibilities, important dates, application dates, application form, admit card, exam pattern and syllabus, and tips required to crack this exam.
MPSC 2019 Exam Dates
To know about the important dates is very essential to crack this exam. All tasks would start and end as per scheduled by Maharashtra Public Service Commission. Lets’ look at the important dates revealed by this commission.
|Start date of the application process||Will update soon|
|End date of the application process||Will update soon|
|Date of issue of admit card||Will update soon|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||Will update soon|
|Date of Main exam||Will update soon|
|Date of Result||Will update soon|
Eligibility Criteria of MPSC Exam 2019
No candidate will consider to fill up the application form until he or she satisfies the eligibility criteria. Hence, it is a request for candidates to check the below-written conditions before filling up the application form:
- The interested candidates should have Indian citizenship and domiciled in the State of Maharashtra
- The minimum age should be 18 years and maximum age will be 33 years.
- For SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe), the maximum age should be 38 years.
- For OBC (Other Backward Class), the maximum age should be 35 years.
- For people with disability, the maximum age relaxation will be 43 years.
- The interested candidates should have a Bachelor or Master degree from some recognized college or university.
- The candidates who have not yet completed their qualification, still eligible to attempt the Preliminary exam, but for the Main exam, they should have their awaited result.
- The candidates who have not completed their internship can apply for this exam as well, but these must have a written notification from an authorized body that they are pending with internship only.
MPSC Civil Services Application Form
When the candidates consider them eligible for this civil service exam, then they have to fill up the application form as it is the next step. The application form is an imperative document which is like the first step to show your interest in this civil service exam.
It is available online, where the candidates need to add or write down all the asked information in an accurate manner. Any wrong attempt that would take by the candidates, will give a bad effect to their application.
Hence, the information that is required to fill up the application form for this civil service exam will be basic only and the candidates will consider to fill up only that information which is authentic.
To download the application form, the candidates need to log in at the official web portal of this commission. Once done, they need to download the application form to fill personal and academic information. They need to upload their academics as well as other documents like passport size photo, scanned signature, etc.
Kindly note that all the requested documents should be properly scanned in coloured format. The blur or unclear documents will not consider valid for further processing.
Once finished with uploading of basic information as well as documents, the last step will be to pay the application fee. It is mandatory to pay as per categories.
- For General candidates, it will be Rs. 374/- only
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (ST/SC), it will be Rs. 274/- only
Kindly note that the acknowledgement of the application fee is mandatory to collect as in some cases, payment becomes stuck in between which holds the application process. Thus, candidates need to check the notification of the fee that would have sent by this commission once you paid the application form.
MPSC Admit card 2019
Admit card is a significant document that should carry by all candidates going to attempt this civil service exam. No candidate will allow attempting this exam if he or she will not have their admit card. It can download from the official web portal like you would have done with the application form.
There will be no fee need to pay while download the admit card but there will be no permission to attempt this exam if a candidate would forget his admit card in the home. Therefore, once downloaded the admit card, it will be best to take its printout that can take while leaving your home to attempt this civil service exam.
Kindly note that there will be two admit cards that will issue by this commission. The first will be for Preliminary exam. The next one will be for the Main exam and it will issue only if a candidate can clear the preliminary exam. Hence, the admit card for the Main examination will issue to only a few candidates.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission Exam Pattern
To attempt this exam, it is vital to know about the exam pattern. In the following, you will find out the exam pattern of Preliminary exam, Main exam, and Personality test.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- There will be two question papers, each will have marks.
- Both papers will be objective nature, having multiple choice questions.
- It is mandatory to clear this exam, although these marks will not be only included while calculating the final marks.
- Minimum 33% is required to clear this exam to get entered into the Main exam
- This paper will come in Marathi & English language.
|Number of Papers||Total Duration||Total Marks|
Main Exam Pattern
- It will have objective type questions as well.
- Its’ marks will be added while calculating the final outcome.
|General Studies PAPER 1 (History and Geography)||150||MCQ|
|General Studies PAPER 2 (Indian Constitution and Politics)||150||MCQ|
|General Studies PAPER 3 (Human Resource Development and Human Rights)||150||MCQ|
|General Studies PAPER 4 (Economics and Science & Technology)||150||MCQ|
These six papers can come in two languages- English and Marathi. It is up the candidates to take any option. Moreover, there will be again negative marking of 1:3 like preliminary round.
Personality Test/ Interview
The Interview will be the last round of the selection process. Only those candidates will get their entry to interview round who would have been cleared the Main exam. This round is based on the intellectual and general knowledge of the candidates.
Once completion of all these rounds, the final result will come that give the candidates an opportunity to get recruited in the different positions in the state of Maharashtra.
MPSC Civil Services Syllabus
To check the syllabus of this civil service exam, the candidates need to take the help of the official web portal of this commission thereby they can able to download the whole syllabus.
Tips to crack the Maharashtra Public Service Commission exam?
Cracking a civil service exam is not a simple task. Apart from doing the hard work, the candidates need to indulge in some tactics or tips which are mentioned below that would help the candidates even to clear the exam in the first attempt.
- Must have a timetable which can help them to complete all syllabus within a stipulated time.
- Must take the help of mock papers and previous year’s question papers that would let them aware about the actual level of difficulty.
- Must trust in self-study rather than joining the costly coaching centers.
- Must revise all syllabus at least twice or thrice before going to attempt this exam.
- Maintain confidence throughout the duration of the exam as it will help you to choose the right answers.
Thus, grabbing your position in an MPSC examination of 2019 is not as daunting as you have considered. You need to take the help of this article whenever you need to read the necessary information. Additionally, if you would need more information, you can take the help of the official website of this commission www.mpsc.gov.in.
If you will still need more information, then you can ask your query in the following comment box.