MPSC 2022: The full form of MPSC is Maharashtra Public Service Commission. MPSC is the official state commission of Maharashtra that conducts recruitment for administrative cadres or entry-level positions for the Civil Service vacancies of Maharashtra state. This article gives detail information about MPSC 2022 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application process, admit card, result and more. The official website of commission is mpsc.gov.in
MPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates appearing for the MPSC 2022 should note their detailed eligibility criteria to satisfy instructions laid down by the commission. Candidates are advised to cross-check their personal information with that of the official eligibility conditions and then go ahead to apply for the exam.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification: A three years degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university of India is a must. However, apart from the minimum qualification, candidates also have to check specific qualification requirements as per the post they are applying for. Reading and writing skills in the Marathi language is a must for all candidates.
- Age Limit: The minimum age criteria for all candidates irrespective of their categories is 19 years of age. The maximum age limit depends upon the category the candidate belongs to.
- Age Relaxation: The breakdown of age relaxation limit according to different categories, is given below:
- General category candidates – the max age limit prescribed is 38 years.
- Candidates from reserved categories – the max age limit prescribed is 43 years
- Ex-servicemen/ government officials(retired)- the max age limit prescribed is 48 years
- Persons with disabilities – the max age limit prescribed is 45 years.
- Number of Attempts: Not Applicable. Candidates can make any number of attempts in the prescribed age limit.
MPSC 2022 Application Form
Candidates have to check the availability of the MPSC 2021 Application form on the official website. The application needs to be submitted online only. No other modes of sending the application via speed post/courier will be entertained. Candidates should also note that all details that they enter in the form should be verifiable and supported by an official document. The step by step application process to apply for MPSC Exam is given below
- Visit official website of the commission – mpsc.gov.in
- Traverse to the application window and click on new registration
- Fill in all necessary candidate information. Make sure all entries are correct.
- Pay the requisite fee and submit the application form.
- Upon correct submission, candidates will receive a reference id for all future references.
Candidates have to remit the application fee along with the online form submission process. Fee can be paid in online/offline mode. In online mode, fees can be remitted via internet banking facility/ debit card/ credit card etc. In offline mode, the candidate needs to visit the nearby SBI branch and remit the requisite fee. Obtain challan acknowledgement for the fees paid and save it carefully. The application fee for candidates varies between different categories.
- General category candidates – INR 524
- Candidates belonging to OBC/ SC/ST categories – INR 324.
MPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The Maharashtra State Civil Services Exam consists of three rounds – Preliminary, Mains and the Interview or Personality Test round.
MPSC Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Prelims is an objective type of paper.
- The total mark for each paper is 200.
- The duration of each paper is 2 hours.
- Paper will be set in both Marathi as well as the English language.
- 1/3rd negative marking applicable for selecting the wrong answer.
|General Studies (GS)||Approx. 100||200||2 Hours|
|Civil Services Aptitude Test paper (CSAT)||Approx. 80||200||2 Hours|
Mains Exam Pattern
- The Mains exam consists of six papers.
- Total marks allocated for mains exam – 800 marks.
- Two papers – Marathi and English are the descriptive type of papers.
- The rest four papers consisting of General Studies papers are all multiple-choice questions.
- All papers are compulsory, and marks scored in all papers will be taken for the final totalling of marks.
- Negative marking applicable for General studies papers.
|Subject Name||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Marathi Language||100||3 Hrs|
|General English Language||100||3 Hrs|
|General Studies Paper I||150||2 Hrs|
|General Studies Paper II||150||2 Hrs|
|General Studies Paper III||150||2 Hrs|
|General Studies Paper IV||150||2 Hrs|
- The interview round is conducted for a total of 100 marks.
- Candidates who score above the cut off marks in the main exam will be qualified for the interview round.
- The total score will be based on the mains exam and interview round marks for final rank list preparation.
MPSC 2022 Syllabus
The MPSC Syllabus for the Preliminary, Mains and the Interview round is given in brief in this section.
- General Studies – General knowledge, current events of national importance, economic and social development, politics, governance, environmental studies, etc.
- CSAT – Comprehension, Interpersonal and communication skills, Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Decision – making and problem – solving, General mental ability and Basic quantitative aptitude
- Marathi Language – students should refer syllabus based on essay writing (up to 400 words), summary writing, translation, report writing, comprehension skills, etc.
- English Language – Essay, translation, paragraph writing, report writing and precision writing skills, grammar skills, idioms, and phrases, etc.
- General Studies I – History of modern India, social and economic changes in India, socio-cultural awareness, Indian nationalism, freedom movement in India, literature, and cultural heritage of Maharashtra.
- General Studies II – Constitution of India, Political System (Structure, Powers, and Functions of Governments), State Government and Administration (Special Reference to Maharashtra), District Administration, Rural and Urban Local Government, Educational System, Parties and Pressure Groups, Social Welfare and Social Legislation, Public Services etc.
- General Studies III- Human Resource Development in India, Education, Vocational Education, Health, Rural Development, Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR 1948), Child Development, Women Development, Youth Development, Tribal Development, Welfare of disabled persons, International and Regional Organisations, etc.
- General Studies IV – Economy and Planning, Economics of Development and Agriculture,Science and Technology Developments
- The interview is based on current topics of interest and other general topics like human rights, women and child development, youth welfare, consumer protection, governance and political scenario, international events, etc.
MPSC 2022 Admit Card
The admit card is a necessary document for every candidate to appear for the examination. The admit card needs to be carried at all stages of the examination. It contains all necessary and relevant information pertaining to the candidate. Without the admit card, the candidate may not be able to sit for the examination. Below we have provided step by step process to download MPSC 2021 Admit Card in detail.
- Visit official website of the commission – mpsc.gov.in
- Login with your registered id and password details.
- Check if the link that provides access to download admit card is activated or not.
- If it is activated, then enter the admit card download window.
- Enter relevant details like registration id, date of birth, etc. if asked.
- Upon successful verification, a candidate would be able to download the admit card from the system.
- Save a PDF copy or print it for all reference purposes.
MPSC 2022 Cut off
The MPSC 2022 cut off marks will be based on many factors such as the number of vacancies available for the current year, the number of applicants applied and number of applicants who cleared the exam, the sectional wise availability of posts, the difficulty and toughness levels of the exam, etc. The cut off marks will be displayed after the exam results are published on the website. Candidates have to check the official website from time to time to get the latest information on cut off marks.
MPSC 2022 Result
The MPSC 2022 result will be announced by the commission after each phase of the examination, after the prelims phase, mains phase, and the interview phase. Candidates have to check the updates to exactly find out when the results will be available on the official site. The step by step process is given below to check the result
- Visit the official website – mpsc.gov.in
- Check the results section or the link that provides access to the result page.
- Click on the appropriate exam link.
- Normally, candidates will be asked to provide their registration number, date of birth, and captcha code (if any).
- Upon successful validation of these data, candidates will be provided their mark sheet.
- Candidates can download their mark sheet from the site/ save it as PDF copy or take a print copy of the same.
- For any discrepancies regarding results, candidates can always approach the helpline numbers provided on the official website.
MPSC 2022 Vacancy
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission appoints officers to Group A and Group B services. The detailed list of posts under each group is given below
Group – A Service
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Deputy Registrar Cooperative Societies Officer
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Block Development Officer (BDO)
- Superintendent State Excise Department Officer
- F.A.S officer (Maharashtra state Finance, Audit & Account Service)
- Chief Officer posts (Nagar Palika level/ Nagar Parishad level) (I & II)
- Assistant Commissioner post for Sales Tax department
Group – B Posts
- Taluka Inspector of Land Records (TILR)
- Naib Tehsildar Officer
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer (ARTO)
- Mantralaya Section Officer
- Deputy Superintendent Officer for State Excise Department
- Officer of the Sub-registrar for Cooperative Societies
- Block Development Officer (BDO)
- F.A.S officer (Maharashtra Finance, Audit & Account Service)
MPSC 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow a strategic time routine to clear the MPSC 2022 exam with high scores:
- Give importance to all subjects with equal time distribution.
- After finishing a significant portion of the syllabus, make it a habit to solve MPSC previous year question papers, so that you can check on your efficiency, speed, and accuracy.
- Daily newspapers and magazines are a must to clear MPSC examination. See national and international news channels and the internet to stay updated with current affairs.
- Give importance to knowledge analysis techniques.
- Data sufficiency and reasoning parts are very important in general aptitude sections.
- Involve a variety of topics for comprehension. Useful information inputs, organization of data with accuracy and flow are required.
- Develop good writing skills with accuracy.
- Strategic your study plan with a good timeline and ensure you keep up with the time table for your studies.
Books for MPSC 2022 Preparation
The list is suggestive, and candidates are advised to refer more books for comprehensive information:
- Ancient India by RS Sharma.
- Medieval India by Satish Chandra.
- Modern India by Bipin Charda.
- History of Modern Maharashtra By author S. S. Gathal
- Geography of Maharashtra by Nirali Publications
- Indian Constitution and Governance By Ranjan Kolambe
- Deepstambh Spardha Pariksha Arthashastra part 1 (Book of Economics) By Kiran Desale
- Lucent General Knowledge book
- Aptitude, verbal and nonverbal reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- NCERT Books