Find the best samples paragraph on My hobby, written in easy and simple words for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
Short Paragraph on My Hobby Reading Books
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
Hobbies are an integral part of our lives. They help us effectively utilize our time. Hobbies help us develop skills and make us happy. Talking about hobbies, I’d like to share my hobby with you all. I love to read and consider myself an avid reader. Reading as a hobby has helped me learn new words and write better. I am bilingual, like most Indians and read in both Hindi and English.
Reading has also given me a better perspective on life. I have transcended boundaries without paying taxes and lived many lives in limited time. I like spending time alone, and I always have a book for company. The more books I read, the more I know how much more I have to learn.
Paragraph on My Hobby Gardening – 300 Words
If you ask me about my favourite hobby, it has to be Gardening. I grew up watching my Grandfather grow flowers and seasonal vegetables in the empty plot of land we had. I remember planting my first sapling. Well, the funny thing about planting April lilies in July is that they don’t bloom.
I thought that I killed the scion but come next year April and we had beautiful flowers in our garden. I have continued this habit to date. When you grow a plant, you feel responsible for it and want to see it flourish. Keeping a plant alive and seeing it bloom gives you a sense of accomplishment.
The physical activity required for planting helps you burn calories and provides strength to your heart. The 30 minutes that you spend daily; weeding or watering your plants can help reduce cholesterol and keep the blood pressure in check. Plants provide us with oxygen and hence, the more plants, the fresher air.
Gardening requires focus, and when you set your mind on a goal, you stress less about other things. Gardening has proven to help reduce anxiety as you feel that you have control over the situation. A lot of hospitals have used flowering arranging and planting as rehabilitation methods for people recovering from various illnesses.
You can make your kitchen garden and get 100% organic vegetables. Why eat pesticide infested food when you have your produce? If the product is from your backyard, you tend to eat more vegetables and fruits, keeping your health in check. Children also show excitement in eating what they grow by themselves. So, roll up your sleeves and start with your little garden project. You might find happiness in the flowers or the fruits that you grow.
Paragraph on My Hobby Dancing – 600 Words
I dance because there’s no greater feeling in the world than moving a piece of music and letting the rest of the world disappear.
Hobbies are what keep a person on their toes, much like dancing. I started learning Odissi for fun when I was nine but did not know that someday, I will quit my full time job to pursue a career in dancing. With any classical dance form comes; balance, rhythm, and discipline. Dancing is one of the most popular types of performance arts and has made space in the theatre as well.
Benefits of Dancing
- Once a dancer, always a dancer. Practising for over an hour every day is equivalent to an hour of workout. It helps us stay fit, avoid chronic and heart diseases, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Not only is dancing a great source of exercise but delightful a pursuit.
- Dancing requires focus. This attention is channelised towards one’s own body and makes us more curious. The one who is attached to themselves finds it easier to control their emotions and see joy. Dance is a highly used rehabilitation therapy for people with severe depression and anxiety.
- Learning any dance form requires discipline. Every day is an uphill battle. People who are training in dancing are more disciplined and carry out everyday activities in a set routine. The regime goes a long way in keeping us active and healthy.
- Dancing is one of the most celebrated art forms, and one can easily monetise it. From dance classes to live performances, this hobby can take you places.
- Children who learn dancing can understand movement and stillness. They learn to push their limits and understand body vocabulary.
Different Dance Forms
- Ballet: Ballet is one of the fiercest dance forms to master. It originated during the Italian Renaissance time and later in France.
- Tap: The musical feet dance is how it is best described. It is an indigenous American Dance form originated in the 1700s.
- Jazz: It is a highly energetic dance form and combines many other types as well. It started in America in the 20th century.
- Modern: a rebellion against classical ballet, Modern is a rawer dance form.
- Hip hop: nothing defines urban as well as Hip hop does. It is inspired highly by African movement dance.
- Contemporary: Contemporary embodies different dance forms like; Jazz, Modern, Lyrical and Ballet. It began in the 20th century in the US.
- Bharatnatyam: Originated in Tamil Nadu, Bharatnatyam is one of the oldest and popular classical dance forms.
- Kathak: Kathak originates from three gharanas; Jaipur, Banaras and Lucknow. It is widely taught and learnt in all parts of the country.
- Odissi: It originated in the Hindu temples of Odisha. It has housed a lot of religious stories and spirituals ideals, mostly narrating the stories of Lord Jagannath.
- Kuchipudi: Originated in the village of Kuchipudi in Andhra Pradesh, it holds its roots in the ancient Sanskrit texts of Natya Shashtra.
- Kathakali: A ‘story play’ originating from the southern state of Kerala, Kathakali is highly entertaining.
With dancing came a lot of balance and discipline in my life. I feel the happiest and alive when I am dancing. Teaching dance and body vocabulary to children is one of my most significant accomplishments.