Nabanna Scholarship is a unique undertaking and scholarship initiative offered by the West Bengal (WB) state government. The entire process is offline, and those students who have dreams of higher education and want to follow their dreams can apply for these scholarships. Candidates who have passed their tenth fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship, provided they have ideas to pursue further higher studies in terms of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. This article gives detailed information about Nabanna Scholarship 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, renewal process, rewards, and benefits.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022
|Provided by||Government of West Bengal|
|Scholarship Name||Nabanna Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||HS, UG Honours, PG, Engineering, Nursing, Diploma|
|Nabanna Scholarship 2022 Last Date||December 31, 2022|
|Help-desk No.||033 2214555/22143101|
Nabanna Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the WBCMO Nabanna scholarship candidates has to meet specific criteria that are explained in this section:
- The domicile of the candidate should be West Bengal only.
- Candidates can pursue their studies in any government-aided/unaided educational institution in West Bengal state after their matriculation.
- For eligibility to 12th standard, candidates should have secured a minimum of 65% in their matriculation exams.
- For availing scholarship for UG courses, the minimum marks to be secured in the 12th exam are set as 60%.
- A minimum of 55% marks needs to be secured in UG courses for availing PG scholarships.
- Candidates should not be securing any other scholarship/grant for the same courses at the same study centers or in the last year of their study with respect to the courses.
- Parent’s annual income should be less than 60,000 for the candidates to be eligible.
Nabanna Scholarship Application Form
Against the common methods of online application form submission that is in place for other similar scholarship schemes, this particular application process is completely OFFLINE, and candidates should note that without fail.
- Candidates should visit the official site to download the application form online, but the submission should be made OFFLINE only.
- Write down all the information manually without any error.
- Attach all supporting documents to support your scholarship candidature.
- Submission should be made at Nabanna, Howrah, or Uttarkanya, Jalpaiguri.
- The candidate is advised to go in person and submit his application form at the above mentioned centers and not send the same through speed post.
- Upon submission of his form at these centers, candidates shall receive a receipt copy/acknowledgement. [The receipt is a very important document as it serves as proof of application submission].
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 PDF Download
Here are important links on the online portal that will help you to download important forms for later offline submission:
- Nabanna Scholarship Application Form PDF Download
- Nabanna Scholarship Self Declaration Form
- Nabanna Scholarship MLA Declaration Form
The complete address for submission of application form: Nabanna, 14th floor, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah – 711 102.
Documents Required for Nabanna Scholarship
Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship should submit ATTESTED copies of relevant documents [hard copies]. All documents should be neatly attached with the application form, and the same should be submitted in person at the respective centers of submission. The list of documents are
- Mark sheets of previously passed exams. [attested photocopies]
- For candidates who have appeared for JEE or similar exams, they have to submit photocopies of rank cards and allotment letters provided by the selection committee.
- Income certificate of parents.
- Reference letter from MP/MLA providing a declaration of the monthly income of the candidate’s parents.
- Self-declaration letter by the student. [Letter should contain details regarding the present course the student is pursuing, year/semester of study, details pertaining to any other scholarships being received with suitable acknowledgement by authorities, etc.]
- Bank passbook first-page copy [copy should contain all details like bank name, branch name, candidate name, IFSC code of branch, account number, etc.]
- The fee receipt signed and sealed by the educational institution where the candidate is presently studying.
- Contact details of the candidate with his address and phone number.
Nabanna Scholarship Rewards
- All applications received by the chief minister’s office for the grant of the scholarship shall be sent for further processing.
- The first step of this process is the verification process. Verification and inquiry shall be done by the district Magistrate of the commissioner of police, Kolkata.
- Once verification is complete, the application form shall receive clearance from the concerned personnel.
- After clearance, the candidate shall receive approval for the scholarship amount.
- Candidates shall receive INR 10,000 per annum as part of the scholarship amount.
- The list of approved applications shall be displayed online, and candidates can check on a timely basis on the official website.
Nabanna Scholarship Renewal Procedure
The entire process of application form submission that was followed for fresh application submission shall be followed for the renewal process as well.
- The application form for renewal shall be available on the official website.
- Choose the ‘RENEWAL’ option on the application form.
- Write down all the details mentioned in the form.
- Attach attested copies of all documents required to support the application form.
- Submit the form in person at the Nabanna center.
Nabanna Scholarship 2022 – FAQ’s
1. What is the minimum qualification to be secured by the candidate to be eligible for the Nabanna scholarship?
Answer: A candidate should have attained a minimum of 65% in matriculation to apply for the Nabanna scholarship.
2. What are the basic criteria for applying to Nabanna scholarships?
Answer: Candidate should have domicile as West Bengal, and parent’s annual income should be less than 60,000 per annum to apply. Also, the minimum educational qualification and relevant merit scores should be fulfilled to apply.
3. At what time period of the year should candidates apply for this scholarship?
Answer: Candidates can apply at any time of the year for this scholarship. There are no stipulated deadlines and specifications in this regard.
4. What is the scholarship amount offered by Nabanna scholarship?
Answer: The annual grant of 10,000 for deserving candidates is the scholarship amount offered by the scholarship.
Nabanna Scholarship Contact Details
Address: The Assistant Secretary, Chief Minister’s Office, Nabanna, 325, Sarat Chatterjee Road, Howrah – 711 102.
Telephone Number: 033 2214555/22143101
Fax number: 033 22143528
E-mail id: [email protected]