Nagaland Scholarship 2021: The unique feature of the Nagaland government scholarships is that it benefits both school and college students. Not only that, the Nagaland government functions as a comprehensive unit along with many subsidiary internal entities. Some of these units that help in common functioning with the scholarship provisions are the Department of Higher Education, the Department of Technical Education, and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. These departments jointly function to provide unique benefits to Nagaland domiciled students. This article gives detail information about Nagaland Scholarship 2021, including release date, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required and the complete list of scholarship.
Nagaland Scholarship 2021 Overview
- 1 Nagaland Scholarship 2021 Overview
- 1.1 Nagaland Scholarship – The Complete List
- 1.2 Nagaland Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- 1.3 Nagaland Scholarship – Application Process
- 1.4 Nagaland Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
- 1.5 Nagaland Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
|Provided by||Government of Nagaland|
|Scholarship Name||Nagaland Scholarship|
|Application Mode||Online / Offline|
Nagaland Scholarship – The Complete List
Let us first discuss the important schemes offered under the Nagaland scholarships and their important timelines for candidates to make a note of. The schedules are going to vary every year. Through this article, we attempt to provide a brief idea to students to help them find suitable leads at the approximate time to apply further.
|Scholarship Name||Application Period|
|Nagaland State Merit Scholarship||June – July|
|Pre Matric Scholarship (For class 9th/10th ST students)||May – June|
|Post Matric Scholarship Nagaland (For ST students)||June – July|
|NEC stipend cum book grant scheme||June – July|
|Nagaland State Research Fellowship||July – September|
Nagaland Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The complete eligibility criteria for Nagaland scholarships are discussed in the section provided below. Candidates should compulsorily follow every criterion and then apply to the scholarships. If they are found ineligible for the scholarship at any point of time, their candidature may be cancelled. Hence care needs to be taken in this regard. The detailed list is provided below:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Nagaland State Merit Scholarship|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship (For class 9th/10th ST students)|
|Post-Matric Scholarship (For ST students)|
|NEC stipend cum book grant scheme|
|Nagaland State Research Fellowship|
Nagaland Scholarship – Application Process
Most of the scholarships under the Nagaland scholarships refer to the online portal for application services. But there is an exception here. For students studying in schools, this procedure is not yet applicable. Such students should apply through their respective schools. The schools may then select the applications received and later forward it to the district education officer. The commissioned officer then takes care of the further grant process. Let us discuss this process in detail here, against each scheme tabulated under:
|Scholarship Name||Application Process|
|Nagaland State Merit Scholarship||ONLINE application to be sent through scholarship.nagaland.gov.in|
|Pre Matric Scholarship (For class 9th/10th ST students)|
|Post Matric Scholarship (For ST students)||ONLINE application to be sent through scholarship.nagaland.gov.in|
|NEC stipend cum book grant scheme||ONLINE application to be sent through scholarship.nagaland.gov.in|
|Nagaland State Research Fellowship||ONLINE application to be sent through scholarship.nagaland.gov.in|
Detailed Application Process of Nagaland Scholarship
- Go to the official Nagaland State Portal – [scholarship.nagaland.gov.in]
- On the home page, candidates first need to register themselves by clicking on “Sign Up.”
- Read through the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- Enter all the details required for candidate registration.
- After setting up your registration details, click on “Sign In.”
- Enter the valid user ID and password details.
- Go to the SERVICES part of the website and click on the scholarship you want to apply for.
- Enter all the details in the application form.
- Upload all relevant documents.
- Submit the application form after validating all details.
- Take the print out of submitted application form, attach hard copies of all relevant documents, and submit the same to the educational institution.
List of Documents Required for Nagaland Scholarship
The range of scholarships offered under the Nagaland scholarship scheme varies between school students to college students. Hence the requirement of documents also varies according to these levels. All applicants, whether they file applications, ONLINE or OFFLINE, should keep in mind to attach documents without fail. In case they don’t do so, then such applicants may face rejection of their application. List of documents to be provided:
- Aadhaar card
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Fee receipt of course enrolled
- Recent passport size photo of the candidate
- Disability certificate
- All mark sheets and certificates of the previous examination
- Photocopy of bank passbook
Nagaland Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
According to the level of disbursement of scholarship, the gravity of rewards and benefits also vary. Accordingly, the table below enlists some of the important rewards and benefits awarded to candidates through these scholarships.
|Nagaland State Merit Scholarship||Around 5000 scholarships are awarded the differing financial grant. [ condition for grant depends on individual profiles]|
|Pre Matric Scholarship (For class 9th/10th ST students)||INR 2000 per year|
|Post Matric Scholarship (For ST students)||Variable financial award|
|NEC stipend cum book grant scheme||INR 3000 per year|
|Nagaland State Research Fellowship||Variable financial award|
Nagaland Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. What are the individual details required to track the application?
Transaction ID provided to the candidate at the time of applying to scholarship should be entered to track individual applications.
2. What are the mandatory details required for registration?
The e-mail id of the candidate is mandatory for registration. Valid, the working e-mail id of the candidate should be provided.
3. I provided the wrong mobile number for registration. How can I change it?
Sorry. You can’t change your e-mail ID or your mobile number after the registration process.
4. I forgot to attach documents while submitting a hard copy of the application form to my college. Will my application be processed?
No. It’s mandatory to submit hard copies of all documents along with application form to the educational institution also.
5. How to register for the scholarship portal?
In the official scholarship portal – scholarship.nagaland.gov.in, click on ONLINE SERVICES and then select “NEW MEMBER? SIGNUP” option.
Nagaland Scholarship Contact Details
Candidates can refer to these contact details to clarify doubts in case they have any queries about scholarships:
Address: Directorate of Higher Education, Thizama Road, Kohima
Contact number: +91 7005405552
E-mail Id: [email protected]