NDA or National Defence Academy is a civil service exam that is held to hire the candidates for the Indian Defence Services such as Army, Navy and air force. It is a great opportunity for the candidates who want to serve the Indian country by offering their defence services. Only eligible candidates are liable to join or attempt the NDA exam.
UPSC or Union Service Public Commission conducts NDA or National Defence Academy exam to choose the qualified and capable candidates in order to serve the Navy, Air Force, and Indian Army. All the candidates who want to serve the Indian people are heartily welcomed by the Union Service Public Commission.
But for participating in this civil service, they should be eligible to fill up the application form for the same. If you consider yourself to be a part of this government job, then you are supposed to check the eligibilities to attempt the National Defence Academy exam 2019 or later on.
Moreover, the interested candidates can fill up the National Defence Academy or NDA 2019 application form from 9th January 2019 (for NDA I) and from 7th August 2019 (for NDA II).
Furthermore, before applying for the same, the candidates are considered to check their eligibilities otherwise their application will become rejected.
Eligibility for attempting NDA Exam
- The interested candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan.
- The interested candidate may get migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, & East African Countries of Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of long term settlement in India are also eligible to apply.
- A Tibetan refugee came to India before 01 January 1963 with a mindset to become a permanent resident of India are also eligible.
Age Limits, Gender & Marital Status
- To attempt NDA (1) 2019: The interested candidates should an age between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2003 to become eligible for the examination. If a candidate born before 2nd July 2000 and after 1st July 2003 then he will not be eligible for NDA (1) 2019 examination.
- To attempt NDA (2) 2019: The interested candidate should an age between 2nd January 2001 to 1st January 2004 to become eligible for this civil service exam. Moreover, if the candidate born before 2nd January 2001 and after 1st January 2004, then he will not be eligible for NDA (2) 2019 examination.
Moreover, only unmarried or single male candidates are eligible for NDA or National Defence Academy examination. Furthermore, girls are not endowed for the NDA entrance examination.
Note-1: The Date of Birth or DOB mentioned in the Matriculation or Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate will be assumed by the commission to judge the actual age of the interested candidate.
Note-2: Candidates are considered not to get married until they complete their entire training. A candidate who marries next to the date of his online application even though successful at this or any next exam will not be decided on for training.
Furthermore, a candidate who marries during the training period will be discharged and may be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him with the aid of the Government.
Eligibility for Indian Navy and Air Force
Those candidates who are interested in Indian Navy and Air Force must have passed their 12th (Higher Secondary) or appearing (10+2 pattern) from a recognized board or University is eligible to attempt NDA exam. Moreover, these candidates should clear the 12th class having Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Eligibility for Indian Army
Those candidates who are interested in the Indian Army should have completed 12th (10+2 pattern) or its equivalent exam from a recognized board.
Eligibility for Indian Navy and Air Force
Those candidates who are interested to become an Indian Navy and Air Force officer must have passed their 12thor Higher secondary from a recognized board or University. Furthermore, these candidates should clear the 12th class having Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
It should be noted that those candidates who have debarred by the Ministry of Defence to get any type of Commission of the Defence Services are considered to apply for the NDA civil service exam. Moreover, the candidates who have failed in PABT or INSB exam earlier are not considered to eligible for Air Force.
Physical Standards to attempt for NDA
To attempt or send an application for the NDA exam, the candidate must be mentally and physically fit as per the physical standards maintained by the National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination 2019. To know about the detailed physical standards is mentioned as follows:
Height & Weight Standards:
- The minimum height measurement is 157 cms for the Navy and Indian Army and 162.5 cms for the Air Force.
- For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to the hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon may have a minimum height 5 cm less than the standard.
- The candidates residing in Lakshadweep may have a minimum height can be reduced by 2 cms from the Standard height.
To get know about the detailed Height/Weight Standards for Army/Air Force kindly looks at the following:
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|Candidates having 16-17 years age||Candidates having 17-18 years age||Candidates having 18-19 years age||(without wearing shoes)|
To get know about the detailed Height/Weight Standards for Navy, kindly looks at the following:
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|Candidates having 16 years age||Candidates having 18 years age||Candidates having 20 years age||Without Shoes|
Moreover, this opportunity will be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard until the completion of his training.It should be noted that height relaxation is up to 2.5 cm for candidates attempting the NDA exam to become a part of the Indian army and Air force and 5 cm for candidates attempting the NDA exam to become a part of the Navy.
Permanent body tattoos on the body of a candidate will be accepted only on the inner face of his forearm. The Tattoos that have on the inside of the elbow to the wrist as well as on the reverse side of the back/palm side of the hand are not acceptable.
Moreover, any permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not accepted as well.
The tattoo marks on the face or in other body parts as per their existing custom and traditions will be considered eligible for attempting NDA exam 2019.
The interested candidates are considered to keep themselves in a good physical and mental condition, by following the routine described below:
- Skipping for 30-40 minutes in a day
- Push ups and sit ups for a minimum 30 times
- Rope climbing up to 3-4 meters
- Running for at least 3 km in 30 minutes
Other Physical Standards to become eligible for the NDA 2019 exam are as follows
- The interested candidate must be in good physical & intellectual health and free from any form of disease/disability which is probably to intervene with the efficient performance of Military responsibilities.
- There should be no signs of weak constitution, physical defects or underweight. The interested candidate should no longer be overweight and must have a well-developed chest. For this, the chest X-Ray is mandatory and can be taken to rule out any chest disease.
- No beyond records of mental breakdown or fits.
- Blood Pressure has to be regular without a sign of useful or natural ailment of the heart and blood vessels.
- The hearing needs to be ordinary. An interested candidate must be capable of listening to a compelled whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms in a salient room. Moreover, there should be no proof of the present sickness of the nose, throat, and ear.
Moreover, there should not be any impediment of speech. The UPSC or Union Public Service Commission is a zone that offers the civil service exams to give the government job possible to eligible candidates. The NDA exam would help to those Indian male candidates who are craving to serve the Indian people by taking parts in Naval, Army, and Air force.