NEET Exam Pattern 2021 is prepared by the exam conducting authority. The examination shall be administered by the NTA (National Testing Agency). National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test called NEET is a National level entrance exam organised to evaluate the interested candidates seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses in top medical colleges or universities of the country. Detailed information regarding NEET 2021 Exam Pattern is enclosed in this article.
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
The comprehensive NEET exam pattern is specified below:
- The exam shall be supervised through offline mode in the 1st week of May 2021.
- 180 objective type questions shall be asked.
- The exam duration is 3 hours (2:00 to 5:00 PM).
- The question paper covers 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology.
- The medium of the question paper is available in English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.
|Section||No. of Question|
NEET Marking Scheme 2021
Marking scheme of NEET 2021 examination is enclosed below:
- The question paper is set for 720 marks.
- Each question carries 4 marks.
- There shall be negative marking in this examination; 1 mark is reduced for each incorrect response.
- Candidates can either use a blue or black ballpoint pen to mark their answers.
- Multiple answers for one question shall be given a negative mark.
Language of the Question Papers
- The medium of the question paper can be chosen from any of the following languages – English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada.
- The option to choose the medium of the question paper shall be made available during the form filling process.
- The option, once chosen, cannot be undone later.
- Candidates choosing the English language will be provided with a test booklet in English only.
- Candidates choosing Hindi will be provided with a bilingual booklet, i.e. Hindi and English, both shall be present.
- Candidates choosing regional languages will be provided with a bilingual booklet, i.e. the selected language and English both shall be present.
- In case any doubt arises in the translation of any question, its English version shall be considered as a deciding factor.
The Vernacular languages option is also available as per the below specifications:
|Question Paper Medium||Exam Centers|
|English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Center Cities|
|English & Assamese||Examination Center Cities in Assam|
|English & Bengali||Examination Center Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Gujarati||Examination Center Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Marathi||Examination Center Cities in Maharashtra|
|English & Tamil||Examination Center Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu||Examination Center Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|English & Oriya||Examination Center Cities in Odisha|
|English & Kannada||Examination Center Cities in Karnataka|
|English & Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
NEET Syllabus 2021
The NEET 2021 syllabus is composed of 4 subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany. Candidates are suggested to plan and prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus shall be updated by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus covers topics from class 11th & 12th subjects.