The Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) is sponsored officially by the Student Unity Foundation of India and brought about by the Shrimanji’s event management center India (SEMCI). NEST conducts NEST junior and NEST senior level exams and awards scholarships accordingly. Further to these, NEST junior is conducted in two phases – NEST Junior 1 and 2. Similarly, NEST Senior is also conducted in 2 phases – NEST Senior 1 and 2. Candidates have to pay exam fees to apply for the test and avail scholarship facilities.
This article provides complete details about NEST scholarships. Here, we provide comprehensive information regarding NEST in the form of their eligibility criteria, application process step-wise, documentation required, rewards and benefits given out for selected candidates, terms and conditions for applying to scholarships, important FAQs and contact details.
24th NEST Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||The Student Unity Foundation of India|
|Scholarship Name||NEST Scholarship|
|Registration starts||1st April 2020|
For NEST Scholarship Registration click here
NEST Scholarship – Eligibility criteria
For NEST junior, the following eligibility conditions are applicable.
- NEST Junior 1 – All students who are currently studying or going to pass out from their class 9th or class 10th can apply.
- NEST junior 2 – All students who are currently studying or going to pass out from their class 11th or class 12th can apply.
For NEST Senior, the following eligibility conditions are applicable.
- NEST Senior 1 – Candidates who are currently studying in the 1st and 2nd year degree courses in engineering/ MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BDS/ BCA/B.Sc can apply. Candidates who are pursuing final year in Diploma in engineering can also apply. Candidate should have pursued the science stream in class 12th.
- NEST Senior 2 – Candidates who are currently studying in the 3rd and 4th year degree courses in engineering/ MBBS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ BUMS/ BDS/ BCA/B.Sc [Computer science and IT fields] can apply.
NEST Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
The application process is simple and easy to follow. Candidates have to follow the instructions and guidelines carefully in order to apply. The step wise details are mentioned below:
- Go to the website link for accessing the application form: www.nest.net.in
- Download the application form.
- Take a hard copy print out of the application form.
- Fill up all details in the application form correctly.
- Paste recent passport size photo of candidate in the space provided.
- Application fee should be remitted in the form of DD, to be drawn in favour of SEMCI India, should be payable at Mumbai, India.
- Attach the application form with the DD and post it to the following address:
B-1, Piccadilly Flats,
57-J, Clare Road, Byculla,
Mumbai – 400 008
Key Documents For NEST Scholarship
NO DOCUMENTS need to be attached along with the application form.
Only two essentials are needed:
- Recent passport sized photo of the candidate
- DD for the requisite application fee.
Candidates should note that no formal attestations or verifications are required for the application form whatsoever. Those students who wish to apply in groups of 2 or 3 should combine the amounts and draw a cumulative DD for the purpose. The applications, together with the cumulative DD, shall be posted in such a case.
NEST Scholarship Rewards & Benefits
The various rewards and benefits available to selected candidates as part of NEST scholarships are discussed below. Rewards are given out in 4 levels, they are:
- NEST Junior 1 – For the 1st rank holder, INR 40,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 25,000.
- NEST Junior 2 – For the 1st rank holder, INR 50,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 30,000.
- NEST Senior 1 – For the 1st rank holder, INR 75,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 35,000.
- NEST Senior 2 – For the 1st rank holder, INR 1, 00,000 shall be awarded. Subsequently, the next 10 selected students in the list shall be awarded INR 40,000.
NEST Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
The relevant terms and conditions are given below:
- The NEST exam is usually conducted on the last Sunday every year.
- Exam takes place in around 65 cities [test centers] in the country.
- Certificates of appreciation shall be awarded to all students who score above 40% in the written exam. [ For candidates who attempt all 5 sections of the test]
- Syllabus and exam pattern is very similar to other national level entrance exams like CET/ GATE etc.
- Exam shall be of multiple choice questions only.
- Exam shall consist of 200 questions of 200 marks for duration 2 hours.
- Candidates will be allotted grades from A to C.
- Schools and colleges who wish to collectively send groups of applications shall collect extra processing fee of INR 25 per head/per applicant.
- Admit cards shall be sent to individual candidates via their e-mail ID. They will be dispatched a week before the actual exam dates.
- Results shall be declared in the first week of April every year on the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the NEST application fee for different levels?
NEST Junior 1 exam fee is INR 500, and NEST Junior 2 exam fee is INR 600. NEST Senior 1 exam fee is INR 600, and NEST Junior 2 exam fee is INR 600.
- How to pay the registration fee for the NEST exam?
Candidates can pay the requisite fee online alongside the application form. Also, they can draw a DD in favour of SEMCI India, payable at Mumbai and post it along with the application form.
- What is the last date to apply for the scholarship test?
30th September of every year is the last date to apply for the scholarship test.
- When will the NEST exam generally be conducted?
The test shall be generally conducted on the 25th of January every year. However, dates are subject to change following the ultimate discretion of the SEMCI India.
- Is there any late fee for the application?
YES. Those candidates who apply after the deadline have to remit the late fee. Those candidates applying in October and November have to pay additional charges of INR 100 and those remitting in December shall pay additional charges of INR 200.
For any doubts or clarifications on exam dates/ syllabus, etc., candidates may feel free to contact the concerned officials on:
Address: The Director, NEST, C/o SEMCI India, B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clare Road, Byculla, Mumbai – 400 008
Phone number: 08976 08 445
E-mail ID: email@example.com