NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be satisfied by the candidates seeking admission. The eligibility criteria are decided by the main authority of NIFT. The exam administered for assessing candidates is a national level entrance test handled once in a year. The admission is provided in Fashion and Technology field. Candidates qualifying in this entrance test shall be given admission into the U.G. and P.G. courses of NIFT and its affiliated campuses. This article aims to provide all the required details related to NIFT 2021 eligibility criteria.
NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must look into the below section for NIFT 2021 general eligibility criteria and UG/ PG courses-wise eligibility: General eligibility for the candidates appearing for the exam is specified below:
- The upper age limit is 24 years as on the 1st of August 2021 for general category candidates.
- The age relaxation is 5 years for ST/SC/PHP candidates.
- There is no age limit for P.G. courses.
- Candidates currently appearing in the 12th/ final year of diploma/ final year of the degree shall be granted admission depending on the below-listed conditions:
- Candidates who are below 18 years old have to submit an affidavit of Rs.10 non-judicial stamp paper signed by parents & guardians.
- Candidates waiting for their result must submit a provisional certificate of the exam approved from the institution’s head.
- Candidates are advised to submit their qualifying degree to the campus director before the deadline.
Course wise Eligibility
In the below section, the complete eligibility criteria for U.G. & P.G. courses are defined:
For U.G. Programs
B.F.Tech (4 years) – Apparel Production
- Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 grade from a sanctioned board or university.
- Candidate must have majored in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
B.Des (4 years) – Fashion Communication, Accessory Design, Knitwear Design, Textile Design, Leather Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design:
- Candidates must have cleared the 10+2 grade from a sanctioned board or university.
For P.G. Programs
- M.F.Tech (2 years): Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from an acknowledged institute or university.
- MFM (2 years): Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a sanctioned institute or university or hold a U.G. Diploma of minimum 3 years from NID or NIFT.
- M.Des. (2 years): Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a sanctioned institute or university or hold a U.G. Diploma in U.G. design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
NIFT 2021 Seat Reservation
The seats are allotted by the admission authority depending on the seat reservation criteria for ST/ SC/ OBC-NCL/ PHP/ NRIs categories. The below tabulation depicts the reservation for different categories:
|Categories||Reservation of Seats|
|PHP||3% for PHP (with 40% or more disability)|
|NRI/ Foreign Nationals/ SAARC||15%|
|Jammu & Kashmir state domiciled||35% within 30 seats|
NIFT 2021 Application Form
The candidates can fill the NIFT 2021 application form through online mode. The registration process of NIFT already began on the 14th of December 2020. The deadline to fill the application form is till the 21st of January 2021. Candidates can submit the application form via online and offline mode. The online application fee payment mode includes Debit/credit card or net banking. For offline mode, a Demand Draft must be drawn favouring ‘NIFT HO’ receivable at New Delhi. The correction facility for the application form is available from 25th to the 28th of January 2021. Candidates can change or correct their personal and educational qualification details within the stipulated time.