NIFT 2021: The full form of NIFT is National Institute of Fashion Technology. In the third week of January 2021, NIFT organizes the annual entrance examination for offering admissions into various courses like B.Des, B.FT, M.FT, M. Des, M.FM, etc. This is a national level exam, and selected candidates stand a golden opportunity to study at NIFT campuses in New Delhi, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Patna, etc. The written test is followed by two other qualifying rounds, namely CAT [Creative Ability Test] and GAT [General Ability Test]. This article provides a comprehensive read-up on the NIFT 2021 entrance exam covering all the important details like exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application and admission process, result and more.
NIFT 2021 Exam Dates
|Opening of registration||November 2020|
|Last date to apply for registration||Last week of December 2020|
|Application correction window||1st week of January 2021|
|Deadline for application (Late fee – INR 5000)||1st week of January 2021|
|Admit card release date||2nd week of January 2021|
|NIFT exam date 2021||3rd week of January 2021|
|Result announcement||February / March 2021|
|Objections raised by students after written test||4th week of January 2021|
|Registration last date for foreign nationals/ NRIs/ SAARC students||Last week of April 2021|
|Call letter release for PG courses||March 2021|
|GD round/ Interview/ Situation test||April/May 2021|
|Final result announcement||May/June 2021|
|Counselling process begins||End of May/June 2021|
NIFT 2021 Application Form
The following details about NIFT 2021 are very informative for every aspirant, check out below:
- In the current month of November 2020, the application process is already open.
- Using an email ID and mobile number, candidates can register for the examination.
- Till the last week of December 2020, applications can be submitted.
- NIFT 2021 registration involves the following steps: online registration, filling up the application form, documents uploading and finally fee payment.
- If candidates are registering late, then the final deadline is 4th January 2021 with a late fee of INR 5000.
- An application correction window allows candidates to make modifications to errors in the applications if any.
- For candidates sending applications in the offline mode, the application along with the requisite fee needs to be posted to the address given below: [The project Manager – CMS, All India Management Association (AIMA), 15, Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part 3, New Delhi – 110024.]
For NIFT entrance exam 2021, fee payment can be made in both offline/online modes. For online payment, the fee can be paid through net banking/ debit card or credit card usage. For offline payment, payment has to be done through Demand Draft. The category wise application fees are provided below:
|General Merit / OBC – NCL candidates||INR 2000|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||INR 1000|
NIFT 2021 Application Correction
From the 1st week of January 2021, the application correction window shall be open. Application correction is permitted for various fields. Some fields cannot be modified like the test centre preference, etc. All students need to login using the registered id and password to make necessary changes. After the last date for application correction, no changes can be further made. To totally avoid application corrections, candidates are requested to fill in correct details in the first attempt itself.
NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility conditions are very important for every applicant to know:
- No specifications related to upper/lower age limit to apply for NIFT entrance exam 2021.
- For applicants looking out for UG admissions, the maximum age limit is 23 years, with five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
- B.Des Program – Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board.
- B.F.Tech in Apparel Production – Candidates must have passed 10+2 with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.
- M.Des Program – Candidates must have passed bachelors’ degree from a recognised university OR Candidates should have done UG diploma in 3 years Design course from NIFT or NID.
- M.F.Tech Program – Candidate should have passed bachelor’s degree in F.Tech from NIFT or B.E/B.Tech from a recognised university.
NIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must thoroughly understand the exam pattern in order to attempt the exam easily:
- In the third week of January 2021, NIFT entrance exam 2021 shall be conducted in the offline – pen and paper mode.
- MCQs shall be presented in both English and Hindi languages in the paper.
Total exam duration is 2 hours.
- Exam paper shall consist of the following sections – Quantitative ability, General English comprehension, analytical thinking, general knowledge and current affairs, communication skills.
- Absolutely ‘No’ negative marking for wrong answers.
Section-wise questions for various courses are tabulated below:
|Section name||Number of Questions for B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech and M.FM||No. of questions for B.Des|
|General knowledge and current affairs||15||15|
NIFT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates have to read through the best-recommended books to cover a wide syllabus on logical and analytical reasoning—Communication skills and abilities, General English comprehension, current affairs, general knowledge, etc. CAT and GAT syllabus are entirely different. They don’t overlap with the written test syllabus. Complete syllabus can be downloaded in the online mode from the official website.
NIFT 2021 Preparation Tips
These preparation tips and tricks are essential for every candidate’s learning process:
- NIFT exam syllabus is not restricted to particular sections; candidates have to collect good study material before beginning preparation.
- Learn the techniques of problem-solving and note down important formulae in one place.
- Test yourself from time to time with mock tests and previous year question paper attempts.
- For good practice, download sample papers in the online mode and solve them within a given time frame.
- Practise well from the beginning and avoid last-minute learning as they tend to confuse students.
- Discuss with peers about the variety of questions and learn shortcuts and tips to save time during the exam.
- Keep yourself updated with latest news and headlines by reading at least two newspapers per day.
NIFT 2021 Admit Card
A few days before the exam, NIFT 2021 admit card can be downloaded. From the second week of January 2021, admit card can be downloaded. Enter your login ID and password to download the admit card from the website. Check for discrepancies in the admit card. IF any mistakes are found, rectify them by contacting concerned officials before the exam date. At the venue of the exam hall, candidates have to produce the admit card compulsorily without fail.
NIFT 2021 Result
In the month of February/March 2021, candidates can obtain results in the online mode. Candidates should enter registration number and date of birth to check results. Result card contains plenty of information like the name of the candidate, roll number, qualifying marks, aggregate score and rank obtained in the exam. After sorting out challenges and objections posed by various candidates, the final result would be announced by May/June 2021. Afterwards, the interview round shall be conducted.
NIFT 2021 Counselling
In the month of May/June 2021, counselling shall be held for admission into various courses of NIFT. Counselling process shall begin with registration followed by counselling fee payment, locking choices and preferences and finally seat allocation in preferred course and campus. Counselling call letters shall be dispatched to candidates successful in the written test. These call letters provide further allowance to students for participating in GD/PI rounds. At the time of counselling, document verification round requires candidates to produce these documents:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates
- Caste/category certificate
- Passport size photos
- Transfer certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Affidavit offering provisional admission
- Demand Draft
- Anti ragging certificate
- Provisional call letter.