NIFT 2021 Syllabus is formulated by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). NIFT examination is for candidates seeking admissions into B.Des, M.Des, BF Tech, MF Tech and MFM programmes. Students must qualify CAT (Creative Ability Test) & GAT (General Ability Test) exams to get a seat in various courses. Candidates can check the details regarding NIFT 2021 syllabus through these articles.
NIFT 2021 Syllabus
The NIFT 2021 exam will be organized into four sections:
- General Ability Test (GAT)
- Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- Situation Test
- GD and PI Interview
General Ability Test (GAT)
The type of questions that will be asked under GAT are given below:
- Quantitative Ability: Candidate’s quantitative ability is evaluated by asking questions regarding Addition, Multiplication, Division, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Fractions, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- English Comprehension: Candidate’s ability to understand a situation from reading a given passage is assessed and tested in this session.
- Communication Ability: This session assesses the candidates’ communication skills based on synonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, antonyms, plural, one-word substitutes, correct spellings, etc.
- Analytical Ability: Analytical skills of the candidates, such as inference & logically capacity from the information provided, are tested. In this section, candidates are asked to make logical inferences from the given reasoning questions.
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge: This section covers and evaluates the current affairs knowledge and General knowledge of the candidates.
- Case Study: This section will be solely based on the circumstance of an industry environment given by the panel. Candidate’s managing ability is tested by evaluating the given situation.
Creative Ability Test (CAT)
CAT test or creative ability test is conducted for candidates seeking admissions in B.Des and M.Des courses only. Candidate’s intuitive ability, design ability and power of observation in concept development are mainly tested in this section. The most exciting part of the CAT part is that they will have to use colour and their drawing skills creatively to put their imagination and furnish with quality novel ideas. Candidates innovative and illustration skills are tested.
Qualified students for the course B.Des after the written examination must participate in a situation test, which involves hands-on experience into the subject matter given aiding in evaluating the student’s ability to handle and be innovative about the topic. Students will not get additional material to use for the test.
The factors on which the candidates will be assessed are the composition of elements, innovative and creative ability, construction skill, scheme of colours used, space visualization, the finesse of the model and overall presentation etc. The authorities will also check these factors and the written explanation by the candidates about the constructed model.
The medium of instructions and NIFT test will be in English. Hence writing the explanations in any other language will not be entertained or awarded marks. Candidates aren’t allowed to use additional material while constructing the model.
GD & PI Interview
Group discussion session will take approximately about 15 to 20 minutes for discussing the assigned case study. The expert panels will evaluate the candidates based on various factors such as leadership qualities, Conceptual clarity, Effective communication, Knowledge of the topic assigned, Interpersonal skills, Ability to generate new ideas, Contribution made to the topic, Problem-solving approach, etc. in this session.
There are various other ways in which the candidates will be assessed by the panel. Some of the few factors are based on the personal Interviews such as Aptness for the course, creative & lateral thinking, Communication, Career orientation, General awareness and aptitude, and overall personal achievements in academics’ co-curricular activities.
NIFT 2021 syllabus is formulated by the NIFT authorities. Students must go through the NIFT syllabus as per the course they opted and prepare accordingly for the examination & in English medium.