NPSC 2022: The full form of NPSC is Nagaland Public Service Commission. NPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination to recruit prospective candidates to administrative positions of the state government of Nagaland. Desirous candidates who are interested in applying for the Nagaland Civil Services Exam should first check their eligibility criteria and apply for the exam before the deadline. This article gives detail information about NPSC 2022 notification that includes exam dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, recruitment and more. The official website of the commission is – www.npsc.co.in.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to check NPSC 2022 Dates on the official website of the commission.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
NPSC 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check all necessary eligibility conditions before applying for the exam. Not satisfying any requirements would lead to the disqualification of the candidature at any stage of the exam. Below we have provided NPSC Eligibility Criteria in detail.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Education Qualification: The candidate must hold any graduation degree from a recognized university of India or equivalent qualification. Any equivalent degree or 3-year qualification equivalent to graduation is also applicable.
- Age Limit: The general age criteria prescribed is that candidates should be between 21 to 30 years as on (January 01, 2021)
- Age Relaxation: For reserved category candidates, age relaxation norms are applicable
- For SC/ST candidates, age relaxation is 5 years.
- For those candidates who are desirous of entering NPSC Civil Services cadre but presently serving in another government position, the age relaxation is equal to the number of years they still have in their service. (The maximum number of years in service should not exceed 5 years).
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specified limit by the commission on the number of attempts a candidate can make; the only condition is they have to strictly adhere to the upper age limit as specified by the commission.
NPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The Nagaland Civil Services Examination consists of three stages, i.e., Prelims, Mains, and Personality Test. Below we have provided the NPSC Exam Pattern in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
- Objective Type of examination.
- Multiple Choice questions only.
- Answers have to be correctly indicated on an OMR sheet.
- The preliminary examination is conducted for a maximum of 200 marks.
- Negative marking is applicable, and 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for selecting the wrong answer.
Mains Exam Pattern
- The Mains exam consists of 3 papers, i.e., General English, General Studies I, and General Studies II
- Each paper carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- The First and Third papers are Descriptive in nature
- The Second paper is an Objective type of exam with Multiple-choice questions.
- Negative marking is applicable for the second paper only. 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted for selecting the wrong answer.
- After the main exam round, the commission will decide the cut off marks for the exam based on a number of factors. These factors include the number of candidates applied, the number of candidates appeared for the exam, toughness levels, etc.
- After the cut off marks are set, all those candidates who stand above the prescribed cut off marks will be called in for the interview round. Here, the candidate will be screened by a panel of interviewers based on his personality, suitability to the services, interpersonal skills, etc.
NPSC 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for each stage of the exam is entirely different. Candidates are advised to have complete knowledge of the syllabus before they start preparing for the exam. They should strictly adhere to the exam pattern and prescribed syllabus for the NPSC exam:
- Science and Technology-based questions.
- Indian history.
- History and culture of Nagaland.
- Geographical data of India.
- Indian constitution, politics and administration.
- India’s struggle for independence.
- Latest news and general aptitude questions.
- General English – Essay based questions on any two common choices of topics that are currently favourable in social/political/economic/ current affairs section will be asked.
- General Studies I – Study on modern Indian history, various data based on statistical analysis, all details pertaining to the state of Nagaland including history, geography, economic and social features, science as we perceive in everyday lives, etc.
- General Studies II – Detailed studies on Indian administration, constitution, rules and regulations, politics and laws, policies, economic structure and functioning of India, financial growth and fiscal policies, Nagaland administration structure, and organization, etc.
- There is no fixed syllabus for the interview round. Candidates can be asked any question about the demographics/cultural/social/ political/ economic spheres of the state of Nagaland.
- They may be asked questions pertaining to their skills.
- They may be questioned on their area of study at the graduation level too.
NPSC 2022 Application Form
There is only one mode of applying for the Nagaland Civil Services exam, and that is through the online mode. The commission will entertain no other modes of application. Also, candidates have to send only one application per candidate, and the commission may reject multiple applications. The step by step application process to apply for NPSC 2022 is given below
- Visit the official website – www.npsc.co.in.
- Check for the relevant examination link.
- Click on the ‘Online Application Form’ for the exam.
- The application form consists of two parts, i.e., Part I and Part II.
- In Part-I of the application, fill in all relevant personal information (name, address, gender, category, etc) as requested.
- Cross-check the information and submit, obtain a reference id.
- Get to Part-II of the application. This Part of the application needs candidates to submit relevant documents like uploading photos, scanned signature, etc.
- Also, pay exam fees in this section.
- Kindly cross-check all details twice as they can’t be changed after submission.
- Application fee to be paid for the NPSC exam can be remitted in two ways – Offline and Online modes.
- In the offline mode, candidates are requested to pay the prescribed fee at any recognized SBI bank branches and get a challan document as an acknowledgement. Enter the same challan number in the online application form.
- In the online mode, candidates can directly pay the exam fee through internet banking/ credit or debit cards, etc.
- Any other mode of fee payment via Cash/Demand Draft/Cheque will strictly not be entertained by the commission.
NPSC 2022 Admit Card
The admit card is an important document for the candidates to carry with them to the examination. It contains all details pertaining to the candidate like his name, reference id, exam venue, duration, etc. Not bringing the admit card to the exam hall may lead to the disqualification of the candidate from attempting the exam. Also, candidates should take a photocopy of the same to retain with them at all times during the exam. The step by step process to download NPSC Admit Card 2022 is given below
- Visit the official website – www.npsc.co.in.
- Check for the link that indicates the provision to download the admit card for NPSC.
- Enter all valid details requested for the purpose.
- If all details are valid, the admit card shall be displayed.
- Candidates are kindly requested to save a copy or download the document or take a print copy of the same.
- If a candidate finds any incorrect data appearing in the admit card or in case of any discrepancy in the details, they are advised to immediately contact the concerned personnel from the commission mentioned in the official site.
NPSC 2022 Recruitment
- Recruitment to the various services of Nagaland Civil Services is dependent on the candidate’s performance in the Prelims, Mains, and the Personality Test rounds,
- The preliminary examination is only a qualifying exam. Marks scored in the prelims will not be considered while preparing the final rank list.
- Those candidates who score above qualifying marks will be allowed to attempt the mains exam.
- The marks scored in the mains exam plus interview round will be considered for preparing the final rank list.
- Also note, candidates who score only above the cut off marks will be allowed to go to the next round- the interview process.
NPSC 2022 Preparation Tips
Nagaland Civil Services exam requires candidates to prepare at least five months before the exam for at least 8 to 9 hours of rigorous preparation every day. Here are a few useful tips and tricks that will help candidates sail through the exam with higher scores:
- The syllabus is clear, crisp, and concise. Study each topic in detail and do not miss out on any topic from the syllabus. Opt for mock tests and solve NPSC previous year question papers
- Be careful and confident while marking your answers on OMR sheets. Make sure your answer matches with the choice selected on the OMR sheet.
- Keep tabs on your time limits. Do not spend too much time on a single question—Balance all topics in the question paper. Understand the question completely and clearly before choosing their answers.
- Do not get entangled with unrelated and unknown topics; they could cause more confusion than help you with your studies.
- Select questions based on their ease and your confidence in answering them. Maintain a fair share of easy and tough questions.