The Indian Stock Exchange, technically popular as the “National Stock Exchange” among the masses, is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world. In terms of estimating the turnover by customers interested in equity trading, the World Federation of Exchanges has called NSE the current global leader. Investors invest, earn and make money through NSE by familiarizing themselves with stocks and trade markets. Trading is an activity that happens on all working days, but the NSE remains closed on specific days.
NSE holidays are notified by the market, and on these days, the market doesn’t work and officially remains closed. Investors, stock market enthusiasts, brokers, and the general public need to smartly plan their activities and have knowledge about their holidays and non-working days. Investments can be slotted and scheduled by reserving this knowledge in detail. The comprehensive list of NSE Holidays 2022 is listed below in detail.
List of NSE Holidays 2022
NSE trading on weekdays is done in the operational hours between 9.30 AM to 3.30 PM from Monday to Friday. Trading is closed on Saturday and Sunday. Mahurat trading on special occasions or festivities is notified in advance. NSE Holidays List 2022 is listed below in the tabular format for the equity segment.
|Republic Day||January 26, 2022||Wednesday|
|Maha Shivratri||March 01, 2022||Tuesday|
|Holi||March 18, 2022||Friday|
|Mahaveer Jayanti/ Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti||April 14, 2022||Thursday|
|Good Friday||April 15, 2022||Friday|
|Id – Ul- Fitr||May 03, 2022||Tuesday|
|Muharram||August 09, 2022||Tuesday|
|Independence Day||August 15, 2022||Monday|
|Ganesh Chaturthi||August 31, 2022||Wednesday|
|Dussehra (Vijaya Dashami)||October 05, 2022||Wednesday|
|Diwali (Lakshmi Pooja)||October 24, 2022||Monday|
|Diwali (Balipratipada)||October 25, 2022||Tuesday|
|Guru Nanak’s birthday||November 08, 2022||Tuesday|
Please Note: Trading Holiday for Commodity Market is the same as given above.
NSE Market Timings
The NSE notifies the list of holidays well in advance for the general benefit of all the investors and stock market brokers. The operational hours from Monday to Friday are elaborated below. Saturday and Sunday being holidays, the market remains closed.
For the equity trading segment, the timings are as hereunder:
- For order entry and modifications, the market is declared OPEN from 09:00 hrs
- For order entry and modifications, the market is declared CLOSED at 09:08 hrs
Regular Trading Session Timings
- In the Normal Mode/ Limited Physical Market, timings are declared OPEN from 09:15 hrs
- In the Normal Mode/ Limited Physical Market, timings are declared CLOSED at 15:30 hrs
Block Deal Session Window
- Window Session for ‘Morning Block Deal’: Operational Timings from 8:45 AM to 9:00 AM
- Window Session for ‘Afternoon Block Deal’: Operational Timings from 2:05 PM to 2.20 PM
Timings for Closing Session: The window is operated between 15:40 hrs and 16:00 hrs
FAQs on NSE Holidays 2022
1. How many NSE holidays are there in 2022?
In the equity segment, 13 days are declared as holidays by NSE. In the case of the commodity segment, the total number of holidays is 14.
2. What is the timing for morning trading?
In the normal mode, trading begins in the morning at 9:15 hrs.
3. What is the timing for the evening trade?
In the normal mode, trading extends in the evening till 15:30 hrs.
4. What are the timings for block deal sessions?
The morning block deal operational window is from 8:45 AM to 9:00 AM. The afternoon block deal operational window is from 2:05 PM to 2:20 PM.
5. What is the difference between Trading Holidays and Clearing Holidays?
A trading holiday is an off day for the trading community and the NSE staff. Clearing Holiday is when the NSE staff is working, but the trading community is not engaged in trading activity.
6. Are NSE holidays 2022 different from BSE holidays in 2022?
Yes. NSE has listed a total of 13 holidays for the year 2022. BSE Holiday list 2022 also follows the same list as NSE holidays 2022, but an additional holiday is declared on Ram Navami on 10th April 2022.
7. Does NSE will remain close on Bank holidays?
Banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of every month. NSE remains closed on all Saturdays of the year.