NTR Vidyonnathi 2021: NTR Vidyonnathi is also known as the YSR Vidyonnathi scheme. It is offered by the government of Andhra Pradesh, specifically by the Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation. This corporation provides financial aid to students from many communities like SC/ST/ Backward Classes (BC)/ Kapu/ minorities/ economically backward classes and also the upper caste Brahmin communities. NTR Vidyonnathi scheme is specifically aimed to help students to help in their preparation and later appear for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. This scholarship was started for the first time in the year 2015. The financial aid offered to students who are selected for this scholarship would be INR 1, 50,000. In this article, we provide detail information about NTR Vidyonnathi 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection process, institutes list, results, rewards and benefits.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Scholarship Name||NTR Vidyonnathi|
|Eligible standard||Aspirants belonging to SC/ ST, BC, Kapu, Minority, Brahmin, and EBC who are appearing for UPSC Preliminary Exam|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 1, 50,000.|
|Last Date of Application||June 2021 (Tentative)|
|Phone Number||7331172075, 7331172076|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to make a career in the Civil Services should avail of this scholarship to receive financial aid to help them with their UPSC preparation. The list of eligibility conditions are specified below:
- Candidates whose domicile/ permanent place of residence in Andhra Pradesh can only apply.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream. (Minimum qualification)
- Candidates in their final year of graduation/ appearing for final year exams can also apply.
- Candidates must belong to SC/ST/ Backward Classes (BC)/ Kapu/ minorities/ economically backward classes/ Brahmin communities only.
- Annual income of the family should be less than INR 6,00,000
- Candidates must specifically fall into the age group that goes in accordance with the UPSC rules and regulations.
- Apart from the UPSC guidelines on age criteria, candidates should also fulfill the upper age limit that would be specified in the gazette notification under the Vidyonnathi scheme as well.
- Candidates who apply for this scholarship should not be receiving any kind of financial aid/grants from any other government scholarships/schemes.
- Candidates who were previously designated student scholars and received the financial aid under this scholarship scheme at an earlier time period are ineligible to apply for the current tenure of application.
NTR Vidyonnathi 2021 Application Process
The application process is completely digital, and students have to make an ONLINE application ONLY. The application process under this scholarship has been made relatively simple for the benefit of students and students can follow these guidelines to apply:
- Visit the homepage of the NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme
- Click on the tab that suggests – “ ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.”
- Enter all compulsory details and other important details essential.
- Check for correctness of data entered in the form.
- After entering information, upload relevant documents to support your application form.
- Validate the information as data once submitted can’t be changed at a later time.
- After verification, click on the SUBMIT button.
- After form submission, save the submitted application as PDF copy/ take a print copy for future references.
Documents Required for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme
All compulsory information entered in the application form should be verifiable by the authorities. Important information should be supported by documents so that it is validated for further processes. Candidates who enter the wrong information can lose their candidature/application without due notice. The list of supporting documents to be submitted along with the application form is:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Degree mark sheets/ mark sheets for proof of clearing qualifying exam
- Passport size photo ( to be scanned and uploaded only in the relevant specification and size)
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Bank passbook copy (first-page indicating bank account number and branch IFSC code)
- Physical disability certificate ( for Physically disabled candidates)
[Candidates are hereby advised to scan the documents and upload them in the relevant size specifications, as mentioned by the official rules.]
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Selection Process
Candidates who apply for this scheme shall further go through a screening process after which, the shortlisted candidates would be eligible for receiving grants from this scheme. The step by step selection process is explained below:
- In the first step of the selection process, there will be a competitive entrance examination conducted by the authorities.
- All candidates who have satisfied the eligibility criteria and suitably applied for this scholarship shall receive intimation and thereby should attend the examination without fail.
- Not all candidates who appear for the exam shall clear the exam successfully; the screening process will filter out the candidates who have scored low scores and further push candidates with meritorious/higher scores towards gaining a scholarship.
- Once after the exam gets over, the cut off marks shall be decided by the authorities based on which the shortlisting shall commence.
- The scores and shortlisting is also dependent on various reservation criteria as laid down under suitable government stipulations.
- The final list of shortlisted candidates shall be made available on the official portal.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website to view their results as no personal intimation would be sent out to candidates.
- After the selection process, candidates would be directed/allotted to suitable coaching centers. This is done entirely at the discretion and sole direction of the AP state government.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits received by selected candidates under this scholarship are listed below:
- The financial aid for obtaining primary resources for UPSC preparation, e.g. Books and Stationary, shall be provided.
- Allowance for students’ boarding and lodging facilities shall be provided.
- Financial grant of 1, 50,000. This amount shall be credited directly into the candidate’s bank account. This would suffice the amount needed for a candidate’s 1 year requirement for preparation into prelims/mains.
- INR 10,000 as part of books, stationery, lodging allowance.
- INR 2,000 travel allowance to the allocated coaching center. [One-time allowance only]
- If candidates are selected for any coaching center in the region of Delhi, candidates can find suitable accommodation in the AP Bhavan located in Delhi. The accommodation is subjected to nominal payment of fees by the candidate.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme – Terms and Conditions
To get enrolled and receive the grant for UPSC preparation, the candidate shall observe certain terms and conditions. These rules are applicable with respect to the coaching centre that the candidate gets enrolled into. Some of these conditions are:
- The coaching center that the candidate enrols into should have a good name earned for itself in terms of rank contributions in the UPSC exams over the years.
- The coaching center should have been existing at least from the past ten years with an excellent academic record.
- The infrastructure and academic coaching facilities should be state-of-the-art with modern equipment to impart learning.
- Providing students with good study materials, books, and library facilities for studies, etc. should be part of the facilities offered at the coaching institute.
- The amount of this scholarship shall be awarded to a candidate in two installments.
- The first part of the fund shall be released into the candidate’s account upon receiving the candidate’s initial performance track record from the institute.
- The second part [another half] of the scholarship shall be provided to the candidate only after the candidate successfully completes the training at the coaching center.
- A minimum of 90% attendance is mandatory at the coaching centre where the candidate is enrolled. The AP study circle director shall verify the attendance record of the candidate. IF the candidate fails to maintain the specified attendance, the scholarship amount shall not be disbursed.
NTR Vidyonnathi 2021 – FAQ’s
1. What are the specifications to upload documents along with the ONLINE application submission process?
Answer: Scanned copies of documents shall be in .jpg format only. Shall not exceed size beyond 30kb.
2. What is the minimum number of candidates to be selected as part of this scholarship scheme?
Answer: At least 500 students need to be selected as part of this scholarship selection scheme.
3. Are there any special reservations for women in this scholarship?
Answer: 33% of these scholarships are explicitly reserved for women candidates.
4. Are physically challenged candidates with disabilities also eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Answer: YES, they are eligible for this scholarship too. 3% of the scholarships are reserved, especially for them.
5. Does the entrance test marks decide the selection of candidates for the scholarship?
Answer: Yes, all applicants shall be screened in the entrance test, and only those who score above the cut-off range shall be shortlisted.
Contact Numbers: 7331172075, 7331172076
Email: [email protected]