OJEE 2021: The full form of OJEE is Odisha Joint Entrance Examination. It is a state-level examination conducted once a year by the OJEE Committee formed by Odisha State Government for admissions of candidates into UG/ PG courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, etc. fields. For PG courses, admission will be done in Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Computer applications, planning, architecture, and so on. Qualified students will be allotted seats into various colleges of government and private institutes of Orissa state. The given article discusses in detail about the OJEE 2021 examination like application form, syllabus, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and so on.
OJEE 2021 Exam Dates
The events and the important dates regarding the OJEE 2021 exam are given below:
|Application form commences||1st week of February 2021|
|Deadline for application||3rd week of March 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2021|
|OJEE 2021 Exam||2nd week of May 2021|
|Answer key release||2nd week of May 2021|
|Results published||1st week of June 2021|
|Counselling commence||2nd week of June 2021|
OJEE 2021 Application Form
The below points to discuss in detail regarding the OJEE 2021 application form:
- OJEE 2021 application form will be accessible from the first week of February 2021 via online.
- The deadline for applying is till the third week of March 2021.
- Candidates must give their educational, personal, academic details etc. in the application form.
- Students are advised to read thoroughly through the eligibility criteria and complete the application form.
- Candidates can apply once, multiple entries or submission of incomplete application form will be cancelled.
- Editing the application form in case of any correction will be not be allowed.
- Students are asked to take a printout of the completed application form for future use and must take a copy of fee paid.
- Mode of payment: Payment can be made both via online & offline mode.
- Online mode using net banking/debit/credit card
- Offline mode via challan in the State bank of India.
Students can go through the below table to check the application fee.
- For B. Tech (LE) / Pharmacy (LE) / MBA/ MCA – Rs.1000
- For MBA+MCA / MBA+PGAT/ MBA (LE)/ MCA (LE) – Rs.1500
- For M.Tech/ M.Plan – Rs.1000
- MBA (Integrated) – Rs.1000
OJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read OJEE 2021 eligibility criteria before applying:
- Must be an Indian.
- Other state candidates can also apply based on their OJEE rank. Separate merit list will be published.
B.Tech (LE)/ B.Plan
- Educational Qualification: Student must have passed 12th level / 3 year diploma (2 years in case of diploma lateral) from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Marks & Subjects: Student must have passed the qualifying exam with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST candidates) with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one among Chemistry, Biology, Biotech, CS, Vocational, Geology, Statistics etc.
- Educational Qualification: Students should have passed or those candidates who are appearing for their bachelor’s degree from any recognized university are eligible OR
- Applicants those who have passed or those appearing in bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/ Technology from any recognized university with 50% marks for general category is considered eligible. (45% in case of ST/SC candidates).
- Age Limit: No age limit prescribed.
- Educational Qualification: Students must pass 12th from a recognized board/university. Those students who have passed 10+2 level from the open board will not be considered as eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must pass with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects with Mathematics, Biology subjects to be eligible.
- Age Limit: No age limit.
M. Tech/ M. Arch/ M. Pharm
- Qualification: Must pass bachelor’s degree (B. Tech, B. Arch, B. Plan, etc.) degree or its equivalent in the respective stream from any recognized University to be eligible.
- Qualifying Marks: Applicants must have scored 50% marks for general category in the qualifying exam (45% marks for SC/ST category).
- Age Limit: No limit to age.
B.Sc. (Agriculture) Courses
- Qualification: Must pass 10+2 standard form any recognized board or institution to be eligible.
- Subjects: Students must have passed the qualifying exam with having physics, chemistry and anyone from biology, forestry, agriculture, and mathematics subjects.
- Appearing: Appearing students the qualifying examination can also apply.
B.Sc. (Horticulture) Courses
- Qualification: Must pass intermediate from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the qualifying exam with chemistry, physics and any one from agriculture, biology, mathematics and forestry subjects.
- Qualification: Must pass 12th class from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Must pass 12th class with chemistry, physics and anyone subjects from biotechnology, mathematics, agriculture and forestry.
- Qualification: Must pass 10th and 12th class from any recognized board to be eligible.
- Subjects: Must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
OJEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern of OJEE 2021:
- Exam mode: Examination will be via offline mode & online mode (CBT)
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice question format.
- Time Duration: The exam will vary according to courses.
- Language: Medium of language will be in English.
- Total Questions: Total question will be varied.
- Marking Scheme: four mark will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: One mark would be deduced for the wrong response.
OJEE 2021 Syllabus
Students can go through the OJEE 2021 syllabus from the website. For UG/PG courses, the authority will publish separate syllabus. Students are advised to go through 12th level Board of CHSE, Odisha syllabus for science stream.
- B.Tech (LE): Topics include Engineering Mathematics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, and so on.
- B. Pharm/ BAMS/ BHMS: Topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and so on.
- MBA: Analytical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Comprehension, General Knowledge, Business Fundamentals & Comprehension, etc.
OJEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Few tips for students to perform better are given below:
- Start preparing early
- Review & practice old papers
- Make use of flowcharts.
- Organize a study group with friends
- Study to suite your learning style
- Describe lessons & teach others.
OJEE 2021 Admit Card
OJEE 2021 Admit card will be available online from the third week of April 2021 on the website. Admit card is a must for candidates to enter the examination hall & in case of any mistakes on the admit card candidates must report it to the authorities. Admit card can be downloaded from the site by logging in with the candidate’s credentials.
OJEE 2021 Answer Key
OJEE 2021 Answer key will be released online in the second week of May 2021. In case of any objections, candidates can raise compliant against the answer key till the third week of May 2021. Answer key helps candidates to assess the marks secured in the examination before the results are released.
OJEE 2021 Cut Off
Once the answer key is released the OJEE cut off will be published. Based on various factors like a number of candidates attended the exam, marks scored in the exam, difficulty of the exam, and so on the cut off will vary. Candidates must score the said cut off to get admission. It will be available category wise via online in the site of the colleges that participate.
OJEE 2021 Result
OJEE 2021 will be published online in the third week of May 2021. According to the marks secured by the candidates, the merit list will be published as per each course & category after which the counselling process will begin. Candidates can check their result by logging in with their details such as roll number & DOB/password.
OJEE 2021 Counselling
OJEE 2021 counselling will commence from the second week of May 2021 via online. The entire detailed information will be accessible to students on the website. Qualified students must submit original certificates at the time of counselling & pay the admission fee and choose course along with the college of their choice. Qualified students will get admission based on online counselling.