Short Paragraph on Pollution
Pollution is defined as the intermixing of harmful substances in the atmosphere that can adversely affect the Earth. The different types of Pollution are; Air Pollution, Soil Pollution, Water Pollution and Noise Pollution. One of the causes of Pollution is man’s intervention in nature.
The increase in industries and urban livelihood is one of the reasons for an increase in Pollution. Factories emit harmful gases that pollute the air. Waste is dumped in water and land causing; both Water and Soil Pollution. Honking causes noise Pollution.
These pollutants do not affect us at once but gradually. Drinking Polluted water can cause diseases like; Diarrhoea, Jaundice, etc. Poor quality air or polluted air can cause severe respiratory ailments and affect our breathing. Noise Pollution affects our hearing and can cause severe damage in the long run. One should prevent environmental Pollution.
Paragraph on Pollution – 300 Words
The Earth has its way of functioning, much like the human body. The disruption caused in this functioning is due to Pollution, which is an outcome of human interference. The increase in Pollution over the past couple of decades has put Earth into existential crises. There are different types of pollutants affecting the environment.
Air Pollution is caused majorly due to the release of contaminants such as toxic gases in the atmosphere like; Carbon dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide, and aerosol sprays. The causes are volcanic eruptions, automobile, or industrial effluents.
Noise Pollution is due to Industrial machinery, motor vehicle, transport vehicles, and loud music. So much noise, in the long run, can hurt a person’s hearing ability. It can also cause chronic illnesses like cardiovascular diseases.
Water Pollution is due to Industrial and household waste, which is dumped in rivers, Seas, Lakes, Ponds, etc., this leads to contamination of water, which is consumed by humans as well as the fauna and flora. Drinking contaminated water can, at times lead to epidemics or severe diseases.
Thermal Pollution is the changing temperature of large volumes of water induced by external factors. Thermal Pollution, in turn, leads to a drastic increase in the warmth of the water, killing aquatic flora and fauna in large numbers.
Plastic Pollution is the use of plastic, which is a non-biodegradable substance. Most of the plastic used ends up being dumped in oceans, hence, causing great harm to the ecosystem and killing aquatic animals.
A lot of efforts need to be put into monitoring, controlling, and rectifying the damage caused due to Pollution. The process of addressing these issues and bringing in the required measures needs collective efforts. It can’t be expected by any one person or organization to curb the damages but to take a mutual step towards eradication pollution.
Paragraph on Pollution – 500 Words
Introduction of alien substances that negatively impact the environment is Pollution. These substances are called pollutants. They cause punitive damage to the ecosystem, which is long-term. Pollution is majorly due to humans exploiting natural resources. Responsible consumption and sustainable practices are the need of the hour in these dire times.
Types of Pollution
Air Pollution: emission of toxic gases into the atmosphere which disturbs the air composition curve is called Air Pollution. It is mainly due to volcanic eruptions, Vehicles, Industries, etc., which can further lead to an increase in smog or acidic rain.
Water Pollution: degradation in the quality of water for any reason; bacterial, chemical, or particulate is called Water Pollution. It is due to the improper disposal of waste, sedimentation due to soil erosion or the decay of organic material in water supplies. Polluted water can impact both human and aquatic life. It also decreases the water left for drinking and irrigation.
Soil Pollution: the factor that bars the natural growth or balance of the land is called Soil Pollution. It is caused due to the hazardous spill or improper disposal of waste, non-sustainable farming practices, deforestation or mining, and sewage spills, which can affect crop yields, affect wildlife, also play a role in water pollution, and desertification.
Noise Pollution: the disruption of standard living due to loud noises is noise pollution. It is caused due to vehicles, Aircraft, Railroads, Construction sites or Loud Music. Noise Pollution can affect or impair ones hearing in the long run and can cause cardiovascular diseases.
What are the ways to control Pollution?
- Reduction in the use of an automobile, controlling the production in Industries or having a proper administrative system in place for Industries, not burning firecrackers can help reduce air pollution drastically and decrease the carbon emission. One can replace excess use of a car from public transport or hate the use of an automobile for shorter distances. Turn off engines while in Traffic or halting for a shorter time instead of keeping it on.
- Avoiding the disposal of waste in water bodies like; Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, or Ponds can help reduce pollution. Solid waste management can go a long way in stopping water pollution. Regulating waste disposal in industries can be an excellent method to control water pollution as well.
- Planting more trees, not using chemical fertilizers and avoiding multiple cropping are significant steps in controlling Soil Pollution.
- Recycling and Reusing can go a long way in the sustainable use of resources. Plastics do not decompose and can harm our environment for years. Recycled products require less power to be reinvented into other Products. Avoiding the use of single-use plastic and choosing paper bags over plastic is highly sustainable in the long haul. Complain to the customer services of sites that use a lot of plastic while packaging your order or avoid ordering from them.
- Solid Waste Management will reduce the chances of it getting dumped in landfills, water bodies or getting burnt, causing air pollution.
Changing ones day to day lifestyle can contribute a lot to pollution control. There are many pieces of research ongoing in the hope for a more cost-effective yet more sustainable method to control Pollution. Pollution is divided amongst sectors and requires a lot of effort in regulation and control.
The need to understand the urgency of the situation is high, and so are the risks. It’s is high time, Pollution is taken seriously considering its effects like; Ozone layer depletion and global warming. Marine life is profoundly affected due to human intervention and needs a lot of efforts in curbing the damage.