Here you will find the best samples paragraph on save water, written in easy and simple words for class 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
Short Paragraph on Save Water – 150 Words
Water is a valuable resource and sustains almost all lives on earth. The depletion of freshwater is a serious concern. Rivers, lakes and ponds are drying up, and the groundwater level is decreasing. Water conservation is the need of the hour, and we need to take it seriously. We can conserve water by small steps like; switching the tap off immediately after use or avoiding the use of running water.
The collection of rainwater or rainwater irrigation, limiting the number of times we shower or taking baths with water stored in buckets than showers, and controlling irrigation by using water from boreholes and not taps are great ways of saving water. Another way of conserving water is by avoiding water pollution and stopping the discharge of pollutants in water. The use of recycled water in the toilets is an excellent step towards conserving water. With a decrease in the number of freshwater resources around the world, if we do not act now, we’ll have nothing left to save.
Paragraph on Save Water – 300 Words
Do we want a world without any water? Think about it! Water is an essential resource and responsible for every living organisms’ sustenance. Water needs conserving so that we have an adequate amount of drinking water for the generations to come. Recycling water requires a large quantity of energy, power and money. This expenditure regularly is not feasible. Polluted water in lakes, Rivers, and oceans also affects marine lives, and millions of people from different parts of the world do not have clean drinking water.
We can conserve water by using it mindfully. Avoid leaving the tap running while washing your face, brushing or washing hands. Slanting roofs and rooftop canals can help collect rainwater and harvest for later use. Using your washing machine at full capacity eradicates the possibility of multiple uses and helps save a lot of water in the process. Watering plants in the evening can keep the water from evaporating and hence stop you from watering the plants twice.
Take shorter showers or avoid using showers all together to prevent wastage of water. Increasing awareness about the conservation of water in your locality, schools, and colleges is as important as individual steps. Teaching your children to save water from an early age enables them to become responsible adults. Increase in pollution and global warming has caused a decrease in groundwater level.
The glaciers are melting, and the seawater level is rising. This rapid change is adversely affecting life on earth. The government has also started awareness programs and framed policies as a step towards water conservation. Every year, 22nd March is celebrated as World Water Day. The celebration reminds us of the importance of water as well as draws our attention towards it scarcity. By saving water, we are protecting the generation that is yet to come.
Long Paragraph on Save Water in 500 Words
This paragraph discusses the problems of water shortage, its causes and the ways to curb it. As we already know that there is a shortage of freshwater and the groundwater level is also depleting, the need to conserve water is of utmost importance. Water is the source of sustenance for the entire universe. The decline in drinking water and polluted water bodies can cause more damage than what we can afford. The current situation concerning water scarcity is horrifying. Every year 22nd March is celebrated as World Water Day to mark the importance of drinking water.
Reasons for Water Scarcity
- The daily consumption of water needs to be watched. We end up wasting more water than we use.
- The pollutants released from industries into water bodies like; rivers, lakes, and oceans need stopping. The industrialization has been an essential factor in the depletion of drinking water.
- The use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides can also pollute groundwater and deprive us of adequate amount of drinking water.
- Manufacturing of clothes with synthetic fabrics also causes wastage of water.
Why do we need to save water?
- We need to make sure that the coming generations have sufficient supply of freshwater for drinking and other purposes.
- Water is recyclable though it requires a lot of electricity, energy and money. Such expenditure regularly is not affordable.
- Polluted water bodies affect the lives of marine animals. The decline in marine life can affect the ecosystem and cause permanent damages.
- There are millions of people around the globe who do not have access to clean drinking water. According to the World Health Organization report, over 844 million individuals do not have access to clean drinking water.
How can we save water?
- Instead of using running water for brushing, washing and other purposes, we can store water in a mug and use.
- This stops us from wasting water. When we use running water, we end up losing more than half of it.
- Rainwater harvesting has proven to be a great way of water conservation. Slanting roofs, underground tanks and canals can help store water which can later be utilized for household use.
- By limiting the number of times we take a shower in a day, we can save a lot of water. Instead of using a shower, if we use water stored in a bucket, we will only use the amount of water required and not waste it.
- If we use borehole water for irrigation instead of taps, we can save up to 30% that goes into waste.
- We need to stop discharging unprocessed pollutants into water bodies. It directly affects the lives of marine animals.
- Start awareness activities in your locality, schools and colleges. The more aware the people, less the wastage.
- Watering plants in the evenings decreases the chances of evaporation.
The awareness around the conservation of water has increased in the past decade, but it will require individual efforts from everyone to guarantee proper use. The government has undertaken several awareness programs, has policy reforms and made laws to conserve water, but the most crucial aspect is the response from people of the Nation.