PESSAT 2021: The full form of PESSAT is People’s Education Society Scholastic Aptitude Test. The much awaited PESSAT 2021 shall be conducted in May 2021, starting from the first week till the end of the month. PES organizes this entrance test every year to offer admissions to B.Arch and B.Tech programs. Based on PESSAT scores, candidates can seek admission into various UG and PG engineering programs on offer in PES University. This article gives detail information about PESSAT 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility, application/registration process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result and more.
PESSAT 2021 Exam Dates
The tentative dates for PESSAT have been tabulated below according to various courses:
For B.Tech Courses
|Official release of application form||1st week of October 2020|
|Deadline for application submission for applicants outside Bangalore||3rd week of April 2021|
|Deadline for application submission at Bangalore centre||3rd week of April 2021|
|Exam slot booking||4th week of April 2021|
|PESSAT 2021 Exam date||1st to 4th week of May 2021|
|Deadline to upload class 10th/ 12th mark sheets||2nd week of May 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of May 2021|
|First round counselling process||1st week of June 2021|
|Deadline to submit original documents for verification||1st week of July 2021|
|Second round counselling process||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date for admission||1st week of August 2021|
For Other Courses
|Official commencement of registration||1st week of October 2020|
|Slot booking process begins||1st week of January 2021|
|PESSAT 2021 Exam date||Second week of January 2021 to 3rd week of July 2021|
|Deadline for online registration||July 2021|
|Announcement of results||3 days after PESSAT Exam|
|Last date for admissions||first week of August 2021|
B.Arch programs [on the basis of National Aptitude Test in Architecture- NATA scores]
|Submission of NATA and class 12 scores – Last date||3rd week of May|
|1st round counselling||4th week of May|
|Deadline for document submission for verification||1st week of July|
|2nd round counselling||June/July|
PESSAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates must be well versed with the following application process to be able to apply properly for various courses:
- The formal application process for all courses begins from the first week of October 2020.
- Deadline for application submission is around the third week of April 2021 for B.Tech courses and till the end of July 2021 for other courses.
- It’s very important for all candidates to provide correct e-mail ID and contact number for communication purposes.
- After entering details in the application, upload signature and candidate’s passport size photo in the prescribed format.
- No application correction window facility is granted for candidates to make any kinds of modifications in the application form. Be careful while entering and submitting forms in the first go.
- Take print outs of the submitted form and retain them for future references.
- Candidates can remit the fee in both online as well as offline modes.
- Online payment can be made via net banking facility, credit card and debit card usage.
- Offline payment to be done via bank challan or demand draft. DD should be drawn in favour of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bengaluru. The Application form along with DD should later be posted to the following address: [Manager – Admissions, Office of Admissions, PES University, 100 ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd stage, Bengaluru – 560085]
PESSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates irrespective of the course they are interested in applying should first look into these eligibility conditions:
- All Indian citizens can apply for PESSAT 2021 exam [for all courses].
- For B. Tech programs – Candidates should have passed class 12th exam from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Maths and mandatory subjects of study.
- For BBA programs – Candidates should have passed class 12th exam from a recognised board with minimum 50% score.
- For B. Arch Programs – Candidates should have passed Intermediate exam or done Diploma after 12th in any stream. Candidate should have studied Science stream in class 12th with a minimum score of 50% marks. Candidate should be in possession of NATA scorecard to apply.
PESSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The following exam pattern provides a basic look into the type of questions and marks allotted for each section, take a look:
- PESSAT 2021 shall be conducted in the online mode only.
- For all courses, PESSAT provides papers with MCQs only.
- The time duration for the B.Tech exam paper is 3 hours, and for other courses, it is 2 hours only.
- Different papers have a varying number of questions; B.Tech paper has 180 questions totally.
- Every correct answer fetches 1 mark.
The subject-wise breakdown of questions for B.Tech course is provided below:
|Subject Name||Total number of questions|
The subject-wise breakdown of questions for M. Tech course is provided below:
|Subject Name||Total number of questions|
|Analytical and logical ability section||20|
|General Computer awareness||20|
PESSAT 2021 Syllabus
PESSAT entrance exam syllabus for UG and PG programs are quite different. The detailed syllabus is made available to students in the information brochure and in the online mode too.
- For UG programs – Candidates can refer to their class 11th and 12th level topics for preparation.
- For PG programs – Candidates must study in detail about their graduation subject specialisation.
PESSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Every entrance exam preparation needs rigorous practice and regular studies, look into these useful tips below:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus before beginning preparation.
- Good practice of problems and examples from various related resources boosts self-confidence.
- Prepare crisp and bulleted list information for all important topics. Revise them regularly.
- Write down important formulae and derivations, flowcharts and algorithms and put them in a place where you can visualise them often.
- Do not spend too much time on one topic alone; make sure to cover the entire syllabus.
- Manage time efficiently. Learn to organise time well by attempting mock tests regularly.
- Understand exam pattern by focusing on previous year question papers.
PESSAT 2021 Slot Booking
Book your exam slots at your convenience in the online mode. Login using your registration number and email ID and book your slots for the exam. Slot booking for B.Tech courses begins from last week of April 2021. For other courses, slot booking can be made from the first week of January 2021. Choose your exam city, centre and date during the slot booking process.
PESSAT 2021 Admit Card
PESSAT 2021 admit card is available for download on the website a couple of days before the actual exam. Candidates can download admit card online by entering their login credentials. Admit card contains all necessary candidate information like name, registration name, address, exam centre, date, timings and venue details. The instructions provided on the admit card should be studied and followed carefully by the candidate. Carry the admit card and a valid Photo ID card compulsorily to the exam hall without fail.
PESSAT 2021 Result
In the last week of May 2021, PESSAT entrance exam results are expected to be announced online on the website. Enter your date of birth and registration number to check your results. The result sheet contains a host of information like candidate name, marks scored subject-wise, aggregate score, percentage and overall result status.
PESSAT 2021 Counselling Process
After result declaration, a counselling process for all shortlisted candidates shall be organised by concerned authorities. All qualified candidates should participate in the counselling process to seek further admission. B.Tech counselling shall be conducted in the first week of June 2021. Counselling shall be conducted in the offline mode in two rounds. After the first round of counselling, candidates need to submit the following documents for verification:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- PESSAT 2021 admit card.
- PESSAT 2021 result sheet/ scorecard
- Transfer certificate/ migration certificate
- Caste certificate [ if applicable]
- Valid ID proof
- Proof of age/ date of birth