PFMS login is quintessentially a vital element for prospective agencies that have enrolled under the PFMS Portal. PFMS (Public Financial Management System) is a robust and indigenous web-based application instituted by the government of India. The government oversees the disbursement of funds for various projects and schemes monitored by the various associated departments. Fund allocation and disbursement for the various central sector and centrally aided scholarship schemes are processed via PFMS through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Portal provides provisions for scholarship applicants to follow the online status of their scholarship and check for the latest updates.
This article provides detailed insights about using the PFMS login 2021, information about agencies that have registered on the portal, procedure for agency registration, the process of retrieving PFMS login password, etc. Read this article completely to know more about these elements and understand their step-wise procedures and how they are done.
PFMS Login 2021 – An Overview
Readers have to completely understand the portal before jumping into the PFMS login process. The portal is engaged in multidisciplinary functionalities associated with different government agencies. Some of the activities we can perform include keeping track of scholarship funds for various centrally- sponsored and central sector schemes.
Few registered agencies that can be found on the portal are NSP and UP scholarship portals, amongst many others. Distribution of the allocated funds for all the schemes tabulated on these multifunctional portals is carried out by PFMS only. Readers can find a detailed understanding of the PFMS portal through the table explained below:
A detailed overview of PFMS Portal
|Name of the portal||Public Finance Management System (PFMS)|
|Launched by||Government Of India|
|Beneficiaries||Government agencies/ students and MHA employees|
|Objectives||Overseeing the smooth implementation of schemes/ programs and channeling/ disbursing funds appropriately.|
|Who can login?||Registered agencies[government] and employees|
|Transaction Count [for 2020-2021]||1,23,99,24,539|
|Transaction amount in Crores[for 2020-2021]||INR 27,44,989|
|Official Website URL||https://pfms.nic.in/|
Kindly Note: All statistics mentioned above are bound to change with time.
How to Register on PFMS Portal?
PFMS Login features are enabled and accessible only for users who have registered themselves on the portal. Students are not allowed to log in to the portal. Login option is open to agencies, government departments, and to esteemed individuals like Pay and Account Officers (PAO), Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO), Program Division (PD), Assistant Accounts Officer (AAO), and Dealing Hand (DH). All these individuals are eligible to register by following the simple steps. In this process, your PFMS account login credentials are created:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of PFMS portal
- Step 2: Locate and click on the ‘New User Registration Form’ tab. Download the registration form from the page.
- Step 3: Fill in all details in the application form correctly. Seek approval on the form from the designated authority.
- Step 4: Attach relevant documents along with the application form and submit them to ‘Office of Controller General of Accounts, Public Finance Management System’.
PFMS Login – Step-Wise Process
PFMS login for registered users is a very easy process. Find out how to login in PFMS account by following these simple steps given below.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of PFMS
- Step 2: Locate and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, select the correct financial year.
- Step 4: Enter username and password credentials correctly.
- Step 5: Click on the “Log In” button. Traverse to appropriate links and avail of the services offered on the PFMS portal.
How to Reset PFMS Login Password?
PFMS login password should be confidentially maintained. In case an individual forgets his correct password, the portal offers a provision to retrieve it. The lost password can be reset again or retrieved by performing certain functions. Here, we have explained a step-wise procedure of easily retrieving your PFMS scholarship login password:
- Step 1: Go to the official PFMS website [pfms.nic.in]
- Step 2: Locate the ‘Forgot Password’ and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter your login ID or alternatively provide your email ID to retrieve the lost password successfully.
- Step 4: For those who provide the login ID, verification has to be done for the ‘login ID’ by clicking on the; Verify Login ID’ tab.
- Step 5: Those who provide email ID shall receive an OTP after clicking on ‘Send OTP’ button. Authenticate by entering the OTP received.
- Step 6: Enter word verification. Click on the ‘Continue’ tab.
PFMS Login – Important Instructions
Registered users performing login should bear the following points in mind:
- Login credentials are confidential. These details shouldn’t be disclosed to anyone at any point in time.
- Keep your digital certificate confidential.
- In case of transfer/ retirement from work, ensure you disable your login credentials on the PFMS portal.
- Keep track of all incoming messages through SMS/emails from PFMS and immediately report to authorities in case of any suspicious activity found.
PFMS Scholarship Login 2021 – FAQs
1. What is the password for PFMS login?
Answer: During registration, users shall receive the login and password credentials over their e-mail ID or mobile number. The password should be maintained confidentially. Users can reset their password in case they lose it or forget to enter the correct one.
2. How can a candidate check his/her PFMS Balance?
Answer: Users should first login to the PFMS portal. To track scholarship status, they have to click on the relevant tab and check if the scholarship amount is credited into their accounts or not.
3. I have forgotten my PFMS login password. How can I retrieve it?
Answer: On the PFMS portal, traverse to the ‘Forgot Password’ tab and click on it. Provide your login ID or e-mail. Using login ID, you have to verify it to retrieve your password. Using e-mail, you can retrieve it by entering the correct OTP.
For any doubts or queries related to PFMS Portal Login, tracking scholarship registration/ status, or any other relevant issues, please feel free to contact our website to get hands-on information; leave a comment below will get back to you asap!