Pondicherry Civil Services Exam comes under class B conducted by UPSC every year within intention to post the candidates in different reputed firms that can be government, private and public. Pondicherry, like Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Delhi Police Service also come under Pondicherry Civil Services category.
In simple words, it is highly reputed categories which experience the massive perks as well. The candidates who are willing to take participated in this civil service exam to become Pondicherry Civil Services officers are considered to read the following mentioned information thoroughly.
Pondicherry Civil Services Exam 2019 Important Dates
|Start date of Pondicherry Civil Services Exam application process||19th February 2019|
|Closure date of Pondicherry Civil Services Exam application process||18th March 2019|
|Release of Prelims Admit card||2nd week of May 2019|
|UPSC Civil services Prelims exam||2nd June 2019|
|Result of Prelims exam||1st week of August 2019|
|Mains Exam notification||2nd week of August 2019|
|Release of Main admit card||1st week of September 2019|
|UPSC Pondicherry Civil Services Main exam||20th September 2019|
|Result of Main Exam||1st week of December 2019|
|Personal Interview and Personality Test||1st week of February 2020|
|Final Results||May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Pondicherry Civil Services Exam
The eligibility criteria for attempting the Pondicherry Civil Services Exam depend upon the qualification, age, nationality, category of the candidates. Let’s find out the eligibility criteria as per qualification, age, nationality, the category of the candidates:
As per Nationality
- Candidates should be the citizen of India
- Candidates should belong to Indian Origin or have been migrated from Pakistan, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Vietnam, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Zaire, or Sri Lanka with an intention of thoroughly living in India
- Candidates should be the citizen of Bhutan or Nepal
- Candidates should be the Tibetan Refugee who got here in India before January 1, 1962, as well as settled thoroughly in India.
As per Educational Qualification
- Candidates with technical and professional qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent can apply for this Pondicherry Civil Services Exam 2019.
- The candidates should hold a Bachelor Degree from any of the recognized Universities to become Pondicherry Civil Services Exam officers.
- Candidates who have qualified the final year of MBBS or any other Medical Examination but are but still left with their internship program can also appear for the Prelims examination.
- Candidates who need to complete their current qualification are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Exam. For these applicants, it is recommended to have a proof showing that he/she has appeared for the said exam.
- However, they ought to submit the certificate or application written by the concerned university revealing that you have passed out the final year examination.
As per Age
Minimum Age Limit should be 21 years while the Maximum Age Limit is 30 years for attempting Pondicherry Civil Services Exam. Moreover, relaxation is endowed by the UPSC where:
- For candidates domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir can get relaxation of 5 years.
- For candidates regarded as Defense Services personnel can get relaxation of 3 years.
- For candidates regarded as OBC (Other Backward Classes) can able to get relaxation of 3 years.
- For candidates regarded as ECOs/SSCOs can able to get relaxation of 5 years.
- For the deaf, blind, and Orthopaedically handicapped candidates, the relaxation period will be of 10 years.
Number of attempts
- For General category candidates, the attempts will be 6 only.
- For OBC (Other Backward Class) category candidates, the attempts will be 9 only.
- For SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe) candidates, there will no limit of the attempt. They can try until hey will qualify but make sure the age will be less than or 37 years old at the time of the attempt.
Admit card 2019
To attempt Pondicherry Civil Services exam 2019, getting the admit card is mandatory for all categories where it is General, SC, OBC, etc. It is recommended to download the admit card before 3 weeks of PCS exam, otherwise, candidates will not be eligible to attempt the Pondicherry Civil Services exam.
The candidates can download Pondicherry Civil Services e-admit card by logging on to the below link by simply clicking on it. Moreover, e-admit card for Pondicherry Civil Service Preliminary and the Main exam is available on the official website, i.e. www.upsc.gov.in. Let’s find out the steps needed to download e-admit card for attempting PSC 2019:
- Open the official web portal https://upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the e-admit card and read the instructions carefully and click on the yes button.
- Fill up registration ID or Roll number.
- Finally, download the admit card Pondicherry Civil Services 2019 exam and make sure to take the printout of the same.
How to Apply for UPSC Pondicherry Civil Services Exam?
Candidates can apply for UPSC Pondicherry 2019 Civil Services Exam through online mode only because the offline mode is not accepted more.
For this, the students can click on the following mentioned link. In addition, the candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- through net banking or by way of SBI by Cash.
Before filling up the Online Application, the candidates must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the JPG format only in the way that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
Candidates who are already in Government Service, whether temporary or permanent are required to make aware to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination in a formal manner.
Otherwise, their applications will consider non-eligible and can be cancelled as well.
Moreover, there is no application fee for the Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates
Pondicherry 2019 Civil Services pattern and Syllabus
Every civil service exam has a different duration, pattern, and syllabus. The fact is that these are designed as per the pattern recommended by UPSC. The Pondicherry Civil Services exam pattern or syllabus is designed to test the academic expertise of candidates in a way to analyze the overall intellectual traits and understanding level of the candidates.
The Pondicherry Civil Services 2019 will conduct in three stages namely, Prelims, Mains, and Interview. To get complete information, make sure to keep on reading the following:
1. Preliminary Examination (400 Marks)
The prelims exam is also called as Civil Services Aptitude Test or CSAT. This exam has two papers having 200 marks each. Both papers of Prelims will be of two hours as well as set in both English and Hindi. In addition, this exam is compulsory and should be attempted by all categories. It is great to say that the blind candidates can get 20 minutes extra to complete the test.
2. Main Examination (2025 Marks)
Only candidates will endow to attempt for the Main exam Pondicherry Civil Services 2019, who would have completed the Preliminary exam.
It has 9 papers and among them, Paper A and Paper B are compulsory to qualify with good marks. In addition, on the basis of this exam, the further process will be done. The fact is that the final outcome will be based on marks obtained from interview and Main exam.
The Mains syllabus of Pondicherry Civil Services 2019 is basically designed to analyze the participant’s academic expertise in his/her particular subject. To get the syllabus of Preliminary and Main exam of Pondicherry Civil Services 2019, the candidates are requested to take the help of official web portal of UPSC or click on the following links.
Once cleared the above two exams, the next will be an interview. In the interview level, the intention of the interviewing officer is to access the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
In addition, the interview will examine mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, interests, competency for social cohesion and leadership, clear and logical exposition, and intellectual and moral integrity of the candidates with an intention to choose the best ones only.
Moreover, to crack the Pondicherry Civil Services 2019, the interested candidates are requested to take the help of the above guide thoroughly.
They can ask more questions by commenting in the following comment box. It is pleasure to say that all the information written above is accurate and as per prescribed by UPSC.