Pondicherry University 2021: Pondicherry University conducts a university level entrance exam to offer admissions into various PG and doctoral level courses. Candidates can seek admission in any of the three campuses in various programs related to arts, science, commerce, engineering and technology, fine arts, law, management and medicine streams. The exact timeline of events, application processes and other important details of Pondicherry University 2021 are discussed elaborately in this article.
Pondicherry University 2021 Important Dates
The following table explains the timeline of events and corresponding dates of Pondicherry University.
|Commencement of application process||Last week of March 2021|
|Deadline for application form submission||1st week of May 2021|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of May 2021|
|Pondicherry university exam date 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2021|
|Counselling session commencement||Last week of June 2021|
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form
Candidates are advised to follow the application process explained below in detail:
- Candidates need to fill up the Pondicherry university 2021 application form completely by visiting the university website.
- The application window shall be open from last week of March 2021 till the first week of May 2021.
- For each course, candidates need to apply separately.
- Candidates are advised to fill up all details completely and accurately. Incomplete application forms and incorrect details shall not be entertained.
- Candidates need to fill in the form, pay the application fee, and submit the form and the download the submitted form for future references.
- A copy of the submitted application may be saved for future references.
Candidates can remit the fee in both online and offline modes. Online payment can be made through net banking/ credit or debit cards. Offline payment can be furnished through bank challan. Candidates can get fee concession, owing to submission of relevant documents.
|Course name||For SC/ST||For PH/transgender||For others|
|MBA||INR 500||Nil||INR 1000|
|PG||INR 300||Nil||INR 600|
|PhD||INR 500||Nil||INR 1000|
Pondicherry University 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Different courses have different eligibility criteria, and candidates should meet these conditions before filling up the entrance exam form for various courses:
For PG Courses:
- Candidates should be in possession of a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university under the 10+2+3 system with minimum 50% score. Candidates appearing for final exams in the current year may also apply.
For Integrated Courses:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam from a recognised board with minimum 50% score. Candidates appearing for final exams in the current year may also apply.
For PhD Courses:
- Candidates should have passed masters degree from a recognised board/university with minimum 50% score.
Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern applicable for Pondicherry university entrance exam 2021 is explained below:
- Exam shall be conducted in the online mode.
- Paper shall consist of 100 MCQs.
- Total exam duration is 120 minutes.
- 4 marks shall be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
The marks distribution pattern is explained below:
|For MBA||English comprehension||20|
|For M.Com Business Finance/ M.Com Accounting and taxation||Accounting, banking, organisation studies, Costing knowledge, statistics, business economics etc||80|
|English and test reasoning||20|
|M.A in Mass Communication||English and Reasoning||20|
|Media, media laws and society, communication and society, media history, media current affairs, visual communication and aesthetics, journalism studies||80|
|M.Sc in Bio Chemistry and molecular biology||English and reasoning||20|
|Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Molecular biology, genetics and allied areas||80|
Pondicherry University 2021 Syllabus
The Pondicherry university prospectus provides the detailed syllabus and topic coverage for applicants. Candidates can go through the syllabus provided in brief in this section below:
- For MBA, syllabus consists of questions from English comprehension, quantitative aptitude, general reasoning, data interpretation, general knowledge etc.
- For M.Sc (Chemistry), Paper will be based on questions from different sections like English aptitude, General reasoning, chemistry, maths and physics.
- For M.Com in business finance / Accounting and taxation, questions shall appear from accounting, banking, organisation, costing, statistics and business economics.
- For M.A in Tamil, syllabus shall be based on Tamil language and literature, English language and general reasoning.
Pondicherry University 2021 Preparation Tips
These preparation tips are going to be really helpful for all aspirants applying for Pondicherry University:
- Candidates must clearly understand the marking pattern, syllabus and question paper format of the exam.
- Prepare a good study time table and follow a regular study routine.
- Do rigorous studies from the beginning and focus on your weak areas.
- Practise solved problems and numerical through good textbooks.
- Study from recommended books and follow peer advice.
- Prepare good notes and make crisp points for revision.
- Solve previous year question papers and attempt mock tests.
Pondicherry University 2021 Admit Card
Soon after the application window concludes, the admit cards shall be made available for download. The admit card, also called the university hall ticket should be produced by candidates on the day of examination. Candidates should follow the instructions provided at the back of the admit card and report to the venue well in advance before the exam begins. After the authorities verify the admit card, candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall. In the third week of May 2021, candidates can download the admit card from the university website.
Pondicherry University 2021 Result
In the second week of June 2021, results will be announced for the Pondicherry university entrance test 2021. Candidates need to enter their application number and date of birth to check their results. The university shall publish individual entrance exam marks, the rank of the candidate, and list of shortlisted candidates and wait-listed candidates along with admission schedule and instructions. According to the rank attained by the candidate, candidates can check results and attend the counselling session organised by university authorities.
Pondicherry University 2021 Cut off
University shall publish separate cut off marks for general merit and reserved categories. For OBC/SC/ST and differently-abled candidates, the cut off range shall be 10% below the marks for general category. The university website shall provide information on merit lists, selection lists and waiting lists on the university website. For PhD courses, minimum cut off marks for General merit shall be half the average marks secured in the entrance exam in respective subjects.
Pondicherry University 2021 Counselling
According to official stipulations, the allocation of seats to selected candidates shall be on a provisional basis. After verification of documents, seats shall be confirmed to candidates. For all P.G/ P.G. diploma programs [except LLM courses and M.PEd courses], admission shall be based on marks obtained in the entrance exam. In each university, seat allotment depends on the merit of candidate and choice of institution marked by the candidate in the application form. Candidates shall not receive separate intimation on admission process, and this norm is applicable for both selected and wait-listed candidates.