PPSC abbreviated as Punjab Public Service Commission commonly called to conduct Civil Services examination to recruit the candidates for various posts in Punjab. The fact is this exam is held every year to recruit the competent and eligible candidates for different posts like Administration, Police, Medical, Forest and Engineering, etc. PPSC exam will conduct in three phases, Preliminary and Personal Interview.
The application forms of this exam have been released on the official website of PPSC www.ppsc.gov.in where the candidates can check all the required information from month of March 2019. The date of the entrance exam of PPSC Civil services Preliminary examination is in the month of June 2019 and rest will update soon.
Important dates of PPSC Exam 2019
|Starting date of “Application process for PPSC” 2019||February 2019|
|Closing date for application submission||March 2019|
|Closing date for submission of hard copy pf the application form along with self-attested copies of certificates and other docs||March 2019|
|Admit card release date for PPSC||2 weeks before exam|
|PPSC Preliminary exam date||June 2019|
|PPSC Main exam date||Will update later|
|Interview Dates||Will update later|
|Result of PPSC exam||Will update later|
PPSC Eligibility Criteria
As per Nationality: The candidate should be
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the Ist of January. 1962, with the aim of permanently residing in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia and Vietnam having an aim of permanently residing in India.
As per Educational Qualification
- The interested candidate should possess a degree in M.Sc. (Agriculture) With Soil Science or Conservation Agriculture as a primary subject.
- The candidate should have a degree in B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering, with above 60% of marks with experience of five years in an organisation directly dealing in Water Management or Natural Resource Management or Soil Conservation.
- The candidate must have passed 12th examination in all subjects from any recognised University/School or Institution from a recognised Education Board of Education. Moreover, candidates in a final year will also be eligible to apply for the examination.
- Candidates must have passed Computer Course of at least 120 hours with hands on experience in use of Personal Computer or Information technology (IT) in desktop Publishing Productivity applications.
As per Age Limit
- The candidates going to attend PPSC exam would not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01/01/2016.
- For Physically Handicapped candidates, the upper age limit will not be more than 47 years
- For Widows, Divorcees and certain other, the upper age limit will not be more than 42 years
- For Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes of Punjab, the upper age limit will not be more than 42 years
- For all States/ Central Government employees, the upper age limit will not be more than 45 years
CHEST Measurement: This eligibility is only for men- Unexpanded- 33 inches and Expanded- 34.5 cm
Minimum HEIGHT: The eligibility for men is 7 feet and for women is 5 feet 3 inches.
PPSC Exam Application Form 2019
The mode to apply for this exam will be online. For filling up the application form, the candidates should take the help of the website of its commission only i.e. www.ppsc.gov.in. The factors that should be noticed while filling up the application form are mentioned below:
- For online Application forms, the candidates need to register by creating an account, which will be required for all the further process in the exam as well. While applying, the candidates need to fill up all the correct inputs and all information. The document required to be uploaded is marked sheet of 10th and 12th exam, Graduation degree mark sheet and Residential address proof, certificate of Category and Domicile, Transfer certificate, get it from last studied school. Besides, they have to upload their latest passport size photo along with a signature.
- Once done, the candidates need to complete the payment. Otherwise, their application will assume incomplete.
There will be some application fee:
SC/ST of all states would pay the application fee of Rs 1120, Ex-servicemen of Punjab will pay Rs. 500, Rs 3000 for General category candidates, & PH category candidates of Punjab will pay Rs. 1750. Moreover, the payment method will be online. So, the candidates can use a credit card or debit card or net banking.
PPSC Admit Card 2019
The candidates are requested to download their admit cards before a week at least of an examination. The fact is admitted card is an important document, besides, you will not consider attempting this exam.
There will be different admit card for Preliminary exam and Main exam. Hence, students need to download each accordingly the issue date. But the candidates should have the hard copy of admit card while entering into the examination hall.
PPSC Exam Pattern
Punjab Public Service Commission conducts three examinations for the recruitment of the most competent, and eligible candidates for State Services and for other administrative services of the Government of Punjab. To crack this exam, the candidates are requested to check the below-mentioned pattern of the exam that would come this year.
There will be three rounds. All are mandatory to attempt as well as clear.
- PPSC Preliminary Exam
- PPSC Main Exam
Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary examination will be the first round in your Punjab Public Service Commission selection process. It will consist of two papers of objective type having multiple choice questions.
The fact is this civil service examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. Kindly note that on the basis of marks obtained in this Prelim examination, candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination.
|No. of Papers||Subject||No of Questions||Marks allotted to each question||Total Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies||100||2||200|
|Paper II||Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80||2.5||200|
It should be noted that both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions and duration will be 2 hours for each paper. Moreover, students will not get the deduction of their marks in case of the wrong answer. Hence, no negative marking for any wrong answer, thus, you can take risks.
The question paper of Preliminary PPSC shall be bilingual and printed in English (Roman script) and Punjabi (Gurumukhi script) apart from questions where candidate proficiency in a language needs to be tested. Moreover, you will get an entry in the PPSC Main examination if you will qualify in the preliminary examination.
Mains Exam Pattern
The Main examination consists of seven papers of conventional essay type questions. Each paper shall be descriptive in nature and duration will be three hours for each paper. The interested candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers apart from the language papers in the Punjabi or English medium.
In a case, the candidates need to attempt in the Punjabi language, may do so. In this case, they would give English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms. Moreover, the question papers other than language papers will come in English. Further, the marks that would score in the Main exam will be added while assembling the total scores.
|Number of Paper||Paper||Maximum Marks|
|1||Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 12th Standard)||100|
|2||English Compulsory (of 12th Standard)||100|
|3||Essay (3 Essays of 50 marks each)||150|
|4||General Studies Paper-I (Geography, History, and Society)||250|
|5||General Studies Paper-II (Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)||250|
|6||General Studies Paper-III (Statistics, Economy, and Security issues)||250|
|7||General Studies Paper-IV (Environment, Problem Solving, Science & Technology, and Decision Making)||250|
PPSC Interview Test
Candidates who have successfully cleared the written exams will get eligible for the interview. The interviewers will be assigned by the Punjab Public State Commission where the candidates will get analysed as per their personality, communication, general knowledge, and other factors that are required to select the competent candidates only.
PPSC Syllabus and Result 2019
To get the syllabus and result of this civil service exam, the candidates are requested to take the help of the official web portal of this commission www.ppsc.gov.in.
Hence, you should do the work hard to get recruited in the government sector in the state of Punjab. This article has assembled in a way that you should able you to get all the basic information. Else you need more information, you can either use the official web portal of this commission or put a query in the comment box.
All the Best!