The full form of PRAGATI is Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation. This program is launched by the Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi, which shall be addressing a common man’s problems and along with this, it will check and review the functioning of the important schemes and programs launched by the government of India and also include the programs and schemes which are initiated by the state governments. Therefore, it is a unique integrated and interactive platform that checks the scheme’s proper implementation. With this platform, the Government of India will become more responsive towards citizens and effectively provide them with the benefits they deserve.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Why PRAGATI Platform?
India is a developing country with many problems. The Government of India has also launched many programs and schemes for uplifting the people out from difficulties they face. Launching such schemes for social welfare and providing other benefits to the people is not enough. Proper implementation of these schemes and reviewing the development that was the scheme’s outcome is very important. Therefore, the government has launched the PRAGATI Platform to monitor the significant programs and projects of the central and state governments. The platform is established for:
- Project Implementation
- Project Monitoring
- Grievance Redressal
Key Features of PRAGATI Platform
- Level of System: It is a three-tier system with the Prime Minister Office at the top, the Union Government Secretaries in the middle, and the Chief Secretaries of the State at the lower level.
- Interactions: The Prime Minister will interact with the office of the Government of India Secretaries, the Chief Secretaries, in monthly programs via video conferencing, which are possible by data and Geo-informatics visuals. On 25th March 2015 at 3:30 PM, the first program took place through which the Prime Minister interacted with the officers.
- PRAGATI Day: Since that, on fourth Wednesday, at 3:30 PM is known as the Pragati day.
- Issues that need the Prime Minister’s attention: Those issues that need the prime minister’s attention are selected from the database regarding public grievances, ongoing schemes, and pending projects.
- Interface and Platform: Pragati Platform also provides an interface and platform for CPGRAMS for grievance, Project Monitoring Group, and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, strengthening and re-engineering these databases.
- Considerations: The issues that are brought up will also consider various correspondences to various central and state offices.
- Uploading Issues: The issues shall be uploaded seven days before Pragati Day on the third Wednesday of every month.
- Id and Password: Each Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries shall be provided with ID and Passwords created for that purpose.
- Issues: The Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries shall look into the issues that fall under their jurisdiction.
- Comments: The Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries are required to comment and provide updates about the issues raised in front of them within three days of the Pragati day by the coming Monday.
- Review: For reviewing the data entered by the Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries, the Prime Minister Office shall have one day, that is Tuesday.
- Pattern: The pattern in which the Prime Minister review the issues is such that he shall have the issues on the screen along with the latest updates and visuals relating to the concerned issues.
Advantages of PRAGATI Platform
- Bundles three Technologies: The PRAGATI Platform bundles three modern technologies that are:
- Digital Data Management,
- Video Conferencing, and
- Geo-spatial technology.
- With these technologies, monthly video conference calls and other such activities with the Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries are thus possible.
- Cooperative Federalism: The scheme has a unique feature that cooperates the Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries of the states on one platform. The platform is such through which these authorities could also discuss the issues with the Prime Minister.
- Prime Minister Gets the Idea of Ground Level: When the Union Government Secretaries and the Chief Secretaries of the states discuss the issues with the Prime Minister through video conferencing, the Prime Minister directly gets acknowledged about the issues which are present at the ground level.
- Risk Sharing: Both the central government and the state government are part of this scheme, and therefore none of them alone need to take responsibility for all situations. They both will be sharing risks and shall take collective responsibilities.
- Boost Government Projects: The government has been involved in launching and implementing various social benefit schemes and various other programs for the development and well-being of the citizen and the Pragati Platform, and this platform and the system established under this platform will surely get a boost to the government schemes and pending projects.
- Speedy Implementation: India needs speedy implementation and completion of government projects for development, and this platform provides both these benefits.
- Transparency and Accountability: The Pragati Platform is a robust system that will encourage e-transparency and e-accountability, including real-time presence and exchange among the prominent stakeholders.
Issues discussed under PRAGATI
- There were two sets of public grievances related to the payment of Employees Provident Fund of Private sector and Income Tax refunds. Both these issues were brought by more than 20 people. The problems of these people related to these subjects were solved, and the platform assured that these issues would not arise in future.
- Two issues were flagged by two state governments. Uttar Pradesh had issues relating to National Highways, and Maharashtra had problems with clearance for Navi Mumbai Airport.
- Progress of toilets in schools and issues relating to the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was also important under the PRAGATI Platform.
- Many programs and schemes of the central and state governments were left pending, and with the PRAGATI, they got permission. Along with this, many issues were finally resolved with the help of the PRAGATI Platform.