Prochesta Scheme 2021: The honourable Chief Minister of West Bengal state Mamata Banerjee, had proudly announced in the state about a new scheme. This novel initiative is undertaken for the welfare of native Bengal state residents. The main focus of this scheme is for the benefit of daily wage workers who have been affected tremendously by the lockdown and find it impossible to earn their daily livelihood. It has become impertinent and unavoidable for our beloved PM to avoid lockdown from happening. It is one of the controlling measures adopted to curb the spread of the coronavirus and has helped bring down the rising number of cases. This article today focuses on every aspect of the West Bengal Prochesta Scheme. We are providing valuable insights about the detailed registration procedure, application form particulars, etc. In the latter part of the article, the benefits obtained from the West Bengal Prochesta Scheme are shared with our readers too.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
WB Prochesta Scheme
The resident natives of the state of West Bengal have been immensely benefitted from the various schemes sponsored by the state. It is mainly concerned about the welfare of the scores of daily wage labourers who find it difficult to make their ends meet. The Chief Minister of West Bengal state has ambitiously announced a huge project at a novel package of INR 1000 for these struggling classes. We can observe that there has been an upsurge in cases yet again. For this reason, the Chief Minister has requested the masses of the state to remain indoors, maintain social distancing, wear masks, and sanitize spaces along with maintaining peace, calm, and co-operating with the corona warriors and administrative officials.
Benefits of Prochesta Scheme
Numerous benefits of the Prochesta Scheme are offered in the state by the Chief Minister of West Bengal State:
- Owing to the corona crisis, the Chief Minister had announced distributing rice for free to the needy classes of people. This was earlier given to them at INR 2 per kilogram of rice.
- Officials and personnel in the front line wing attending emergency services shall be considered and offered special leave after the current situation subsides.
- Private workers’ attendance could be reduced to a mere 5% owing to the pandemic situation.
- To mobilize funds and money for uplifting the poorer masses, the States Emergency Relief fund would be created.
- Workers in the unorganised sector shall be deemed to receive financial grants up to INR 1000 in view of their services.
Details of WB Prochesta Scheme 2021
|Scheme Name||Prochesta Scheme|
|Scheme Launched By||Mamata Banerjee – Chief Minister of WB|
|Department Name of Nodal Authority||Labour Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Daily Wage Workers|
|Benefits||Incentives up to INR 1000|
|Objectives||To tackle and help masses during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis|
|Mode of Application||Offline only|
Objectives of Prochesta Scheme
After Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a lockdown in our country to control the rising pandemic, many people from all classes of society were affected. As the lockdown situation became inevitable and continued on and off whenever there was a surge in the cases, the daily wage workers were the hardest amongst those who were hit hard by it.
So the state government of West Bengal addressed the concerns of these workers through this scheme and came forward to offer daily wages to help them make a livelihood. Many benefits would be imparted to the beneficiaries of this scheme from the West Bengal State Government. Financial assistance is not just inevitable in this situation but eases many people to earn their daily bread.
Through the coronavirus pandemic situation, when everything was locked down in the country, the economically deprived classes lost their daily work, and therefore their earnings came to a standstill. The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee came up with a structured scheme to address these concerns and planned implementation procedures to phase out the plan without much delay.
|Starting date of application commencement process||15th April 2020|
|Last date of the scheme application submission||15th May 2020|
For applying to the scheme, applicants have to satisfy the following eligibility conditions given below:
- Applicant must compulsorily be a native resident of the West Bengal State.
- Applicant must be working in one of these classes as daily wage workers/ labourers/ daily earners who should be the only breadwinner for his/her family.
- Applicant should not be availing the facility of any other social security scheme.
- This scheme can be applied only by one person from a family.
- The applicant must not be drawing income through any other sources of employment/occupation.
These are the documents needed along with the application.
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of Resident Status
- Bank Account Details
- Mobile Number Verification Details.
Application Procedure for Prochesta Scheme
All applicants looking forward to the Prochesta Scheme have to follow these guidelines and apply offline or through the official website. Follow these steps given below:
- Obtain an application form which is available free of cost by one of these two methods:
- Approach the Office of District Magistrate or sub-offices that have been listed out by the District Magistrate
- Approach the Office of the Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- Fill in all these details in the application form correctly without making any mistakes:
- Applicant’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of Birth
- Voter ID Number
- Ration Card Number
- Aadhaar Card Number
- District Name
- Assembly which the applicant belongs to
- Area Name as per jurisdiction
- GP/Ward Number
- House number/ Premises number
- Nearest Post Office
- Police Station Limits
- Mobile Number details
- Bank Account and other details
- At the appropriate place, affix your recent passport size photo.
- Read through the declaration, put in your signature.
- Check through the form once again and lookout for any possible errors. Later submit the application form to the same office from where you collected it from.
Approval and Benefit Transfer
Follow these guidelines given below with respect to approval and benefit transfer:
- Application approval norms are different depending on the type of jurisdiction that the applicant belongs to. For rural areas, the application is scrutinized, and the district magistrate gives approval through BDO. For urban areas, an SDO approves it, and finally, for
- KMC areas, Commissioner KMC provides approval.
- All approved applications are then processed further to be sent ahead to the respective Nodal departments.
- Nodal departments initiate a transfer of the amount to the beneficiary accounts.
Prochesta Prokolpo Mobile App
The State Government has launched a mobile application providing complete details about the Prochesta Scheme. To obtain the application from the app, follow the guidelines given below:
- Visit the official website of the State Government of West Bengal.
- Traverse from the current page to “Prachesta” and click on the “download” option.
- You’ll be redirected to a new web page where you have to click on “Download the android app.”
- Install the app on your mobile phone and open the app.
- Register yourself on the app by providing correct credentials and details, including mobile number, amongst others.
Prachestawb.in Portal |Prochesta Official Website
The state government of West Bengal has indigenously created the prachestawb.in portal. The portal has been exclusively made functional to cater to the needs of daily wage workers who are employed in the unorganised sector. On this prachestawb.in portal, candidates can download the app and apply to obtain the Prochesta scheme benefits.
Payment Procedure of Prochesta Scheme
Follow the procedure given below to know about the payment norms:
- Firstly, submit the application form.
- In the next stage of application processing, it will be forwarded to the Preliminary inquiry and verification departments.
- After that, verification is conducted by the district magistrate or the Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- After application verification, they would be dispatched to the respective banks to make payments for the designated bank accounts.
Mode of Payment
INR 1000 as the grant amount shall be directly credited into the beneficiary account. This is a one-time payment that the Nodal Department would sanction after scrutinizing the applications. After approval, the file containing the beneficiary names list shall be dispatched to the respective banks to initiate direct payment transfer into the concerned accounts.