PTU Exam 2021: PTU organizes online counselling process offering admissions in various UG and PG courses. PTU is no longer organized by IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) since 2019. Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech will be offered seats based on the JEE Main examination & those seeking for B.Arch courses must have a valid NATA score. This article gives detailed information regarding PTU 2021 that includes application/registration process, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus and more.
Courses Offered: Here, we have mentioned UG and PG courses which are offered by the PTU:
- UG Courses: B.Tech, B.Arch., B.Pharma.
- PG Courses: M.Tech, MBA, M.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc. (Mathematics), M.A.
PTU 2021 Admission Dates
Here candidates can check some tentative PTU 2021 admission dates:
B.Tech Courses (1st Round)
|Events||Start Dates||End Dates|
|Fee deposition date||4th week of May 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|Date of registration||Last week of May 2021||2nd week of June 2021|
|Rank preparation date & updating||Based on JEE Main rank||Based on JEE Main rank|
|Choice filling date||1st week of June||2nd week of June 2021|
|First round result declaration||2nd week of June 2021||2nd week of June 2021|
|Reporting date||2nd week of June 2021||2nd week of June 2021|
|Events||Start Dates||End Dates|
|Fee deposition date||2nd week of June 2021||3rd week of July 2021|
|Date of Registration||4th week of June 2021||4th week of July 2021|
|Rank preparation date & updating||4th week of July 2021||4th week of July 2021|
|Choice filling date||4th week of July 2021||Last week of July 2021|
|First round result declaration||Last week of July 2021||Last week of July 2021|
|Reporting date||Last week of July 2021||Last week of July 2021|
PTU 2021 Application Form
Applicants can check the information regarding PTU 2021 application form from here:
- Students can fill the application form from the fourth week of May 2021 via online.
- Applicants should complete the application form carefully, including their details, academic, personal, communication etc.
- Deadline for application form will be till the first week of June 2021.
- Once the application fee is paid, the candidates will receive a conformational message.
- No candidates must send hard copy via offline to the authorities.
- Candidates must download the completed application form.
- Application fee of Rs 2000/- could be paid by candidates via online mode using debit card/ credit card or net banking. Candidates can go through the given below fee structure:
|General category||Rs. 500|
|SC/ ST category||Rs. 250|
PTU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must read the PTU 2021 eligibility norms from here:
- Qualification: Must have pass 10+2 class or two-year certificate courses from SLIET to be eligible.
- Subjects: Must have passed mathematics and physics subjects with anyone from chemistry, biology, biotechnology and computer science to be eligible.
- Scorecard: Valid score card of JEE Main is a must.
- Qualification: Must pass 10+2 class or 10+3 year diploma from any recognized board/ college to be eligible.
- Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Subjects: Must have mathematics subjects as a compulsory subject.
- Scorecard: Candidates must have a valid score card of NATA.
- Qualification: Must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized institute/ board.
- Scorecard: Valid score card of CMAT.
- Qualification: Must have a B.Tech/ B.E. degree from any recognized institute/ board.
- Marks Criteria: Must have a score of 50% marks for general category (45% marks for SC/ ST category).
- Scorecard: Must possess valid GATE mark card.
- Qualification: Must possess a degree in Pharma from any recognized university/ institute to be eligible.
- Scorecard: Must secure valid GPAT.
PTU 2021 Result/ Merit List
PTU 2021 merit list will be released via online in the last week of June 2021. By logging in with the candidate’s user ID & password, students can see results. Based on the marks secured merit list will be prepared.
PTU 2021 Cut Off
PTU 2021 cut off will be released online & it will be separate per courses. Cut off is the minimum marks that must be scored by candidates to qualify & it will be based on various factors like candidate’s rank, total availability of seats, the difficulty of exam etc.
PTU 2021 Counselling
PTU counselling will be online & follow various steps like fee payment, registration, choice filling etc. Qualified candidates must participate in the counselling. Given below are the steps of counselling:
- Fee Payment: Qualified candidates must pay Rs. 2000 registration fee at the time of counselling via online using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Online Registration: Candidates must register themselves through online mode after the fee is paid & must fill necessary information like basic, qualification, communication etc.
- Choice Filling: Candidates can choose college choices based on their preferences which will take place as declared. They must download a printout of the filled choices for future use.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates will be able to check their results or seat allotment through login credentials. The message will be sent to the selected candidates in their registered number.
- Reporting: Once the seat is an allotment, candidates must report to the college allotted to them. Candidates must submit their original documents for verification. After which candidates must pay college fee in order to confirm their admission. In case candidates fail to submit documents, their seats will be cancelled.
The documents to be submitted at the time of counselling by candidates for verification:
- 10th class marks sheet and certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate
- Degree certificate
- Birth certificate
- Seat allotment letter
- Character certificate
- Residence certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling fee deposited slip
- Gap certificate (if needed)
- Caste certificate