PUCET 2021: The full form of PUCET is Panjab University Common Entrance Test. It is a university-level entrance test that shall be conducted through offline mode from April to June 2021 by Panjab University, Chandigarh. PUCET is conducted every year to grant admission to various UG/ PG courses including Engineering, Law, Management, Arts & Humanities, Health & Sciences, etc. Candidates must secure qualifying mark to get admission in the above-mentioned courses. In this article, detailed information related to PUCET 2021, such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, etc., are discussed.
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates
The PUCET Examination dates are provided below:
|Registration process||3rd week of April 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|Deadline to apply||3rd week of May 2021||3rd week of May 2021|
|Admit card availability||Last week of May 2021||Last week of May 2021|
|PUCET 2021 Exam||Last week of April 2021||2nd week of June 2021|
|Answer key availability||1st week of June 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of June 2021||2nd week of June 2021|
|Counselling commences||June 2021||June 2021|
PUCET 2021 Application Form
The complete information regarding the PUCET 2021 Application Form is enclosed below:
- The application form can be filled from 3rd week of April 2021 till 3rd week of May 2021.
- The correction facility may or may not be available hence kindly fill the form without any mistakes.
- The application form filling process includes filling up details, uploading photograph, signature, etc. via online mode.
- The hard copy of the completed application form must be secured for future purpose.
The fee for the application can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking and also by SBI – E challan method.
|Additional Paper (Biology/ Maths)||—||300|
PUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must refer the PUCET Eligibility criteria below before applying:
- Eligibility: Candidate applying for the exam must have Indian Nationality with a minimum age of 17.
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th exam, or any equivalent majored in Physics, Chemistry, English along with Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology from an approved board or university with a minimum score of 50% and 45% for ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD category.
PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can prepare according to the PUCET Exam pattern enclosed below:
- Candidates can attend the exam via offline mode.
- The question paper contains multiple-choice questions in the English language.
- 70 minutes is allocated for every section, and 20 minutes extra shall be given for PWD category.
- A correct answer is given 2-mark, and 0.5-mark is reduced for a wrong answer.
Mark distribution is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2021 Syllabus
PUCET Syllabus is prepared based on 11th and 12th level subjects with topics under physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology subjects. The subject topics that shall be covered are given below:
- Physics: Physical-world and measurement, kinematics, work energy and power, the law of motions, thermodynamics behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, properties of bulk matter, the motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, etc.
- Chemistry: The basic concept of chemistry, chemical bonding and molecular structure, the structure of an classifications of element and periodicity in properties, atom, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, hydrogen, S-blocks elements, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.
- Mathematics: Sets, relation and functions, binomial theorem, the principle of mathematical induction, sequence and series, limits and derivatives, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc.
- Biology: Diversity in the living world, human anatomy and physiology, cell structure & functions, the structural organization in animals & plants, plant physiology, etc.
PUCET 2021 Preparation Tips
- Kindly refer the PUCET syllabus, pattern and prepare your schedule accordingly.
- Stick to the schedule and do not waste your precious time.
- Write down all the formulas in sticky notes and revise them every day.
- Watch online lectures in addition to books for better understanding of concepts.
- Attempt mock tests regularly.
- Refer previous year question paper with solutions to know the type of questions asked in this exam.
- Proper sleep and balanced healthy diet must be maintained.
PUCET 2021 Admit Card
The PUCET admit card can be downloaded by entering the login credentials in the last week of May 2021 through online mode only. The admit card encloses all details of the candidate, examination centre and other instructions.
PUCET 2021 Answer key
Candidates can obtain the PUCET answer key from the website in the month of June 2021. The approximate mark can be computed with the help of the answer key. If the candidates are not satisfied with the answer key, then the exam authorities can be contacted regarding those objections.
PUCET 2021 Result
PUCET Result can be accessed from the website by entering the login credentials in the 2nd week of June 2021. The result, along with the scorecard, can be obtained from the website through online mode. The scorecard shall not be sent by post.
PUCET 2021 Cut Off
PUCET Cut Off is the minimum qualifying mark required to clear the entrance exam The UG and PG courses may have different Cut offs. Cut off mark is calculated out of 120 marks, and only those securing the minimum Cut off shall be called for counselling.
|General||5% (18 marks)|
|ST/SC/PWD||10% (12 marks)|
PUCET 2021 Counselling
PUCET Counselling process shall begin in the month of June 2021 through online mode. Counselling shall consist of multiple rounds. Candidates must register themselves for counselling to get into their desired course Candidates must present the required documents/certificates for verification purposes.