Punjab JET 2021: Punjab JET is a state level examination conducted once a year by the Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training (PSBTE & IT), Chandigarh. Students are allotted seat into courses such as regular & part-time diploma courses in the engineering and non-engineering field in various institutions in Punjab state. The candidates will be admitted based on their 10th level scores for diploma courses. It is to be noted that there won’t be any separate entrance exam. This article provides detail information about Punjab JET 2021 that includes application/registration process, exam dates, eligibility criteria, etc.
Punjab JET 2021 Exam Dates
Students can read about Punjab JET 2021 dates from here:
|Application Form commences||2nd week of May 2021|
|Deadline for application form||2nd week of June 2021|
|First round counselling opting||3rd week of June 2021|
|Release of result||3rd week of June 2021|
|Report to institution & remit fee||4th week of June 2021|
|Second round counselling opting||4th week of June 2021|
|Release of result||1st week of July 2021|
|Report to institution & remit fee||2nd week of July 2021|
Punjab JET 2021 Application Form
Applicants can check the details regarding Punjab JET Application form from here:
- The Punjab JET 2021 application form will commence from the second week of May 2021 via online.
- Candidates must complete the application form including the registration process, application form filling, academic details, educational details etc.
- Deadline to submit the application fee will be the second week of June 2021.
- Photographs & signature of the candidates in the prescribed format should be uploaded by the candidates.
- Candidates must download completed application form for further use.
- Payment can be made via online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The paid fee will be non-refundable.
- The fee will be Rs.550/-
Punjab JET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can check the Punjab JET 2021 eligibility norms from here:
- Nationality: Must be an Indian citizen.
- Qualification: Must pass 10th or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Mandatory Subject: Applicants must have Science & Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Age Limit: No age limit is prescribed for Punjab JET
Punjab JET 2021 Merit List
According to the marks secured by the candidates, the authorities will construct a Punjab JET Merit List via online in the third week of June 2021. The shortlisted candidates will be asked to participate in counselling. Applicants can login & check their rank. Candidates are advised to download a hard copy of a rank card for admission process.
Candidates must go through the following table for seat reservation criteria for various categories:
|Children/ grandchildren of freedom fighters||1%|
|Border Areas/ Backward Areas (2% each)||4%|
Punjab JET 2021 Counselling
Punjab JET Counselling will be conducted online and offline campus counselling starting from the second week of May 2021. The empty seats after counselling will be published on the website. The step-wise process of counselling is given below:
- Registration: Qualified candidates will have to register& to submit necessary details regarding registration.
- Counselling first round: Applicants gets to choose a branch & institutes on website per their wish. Candidates will be also be notified via a short message on the computer screen.
- Seat allotment result: Qualified candidates who froze their allotted seats will be able to view results a few days later & they can also check result by logging in & take a printout for further use.
- Admission confirmation: Once the payment is done & submission of fee, candidates must let the authorities know whether they will join or not.
- Second round counselling: Candidates will have to participate in the second round of counselling and opt. Admission will be based on the preference of the candidates.
Punjab JET 2021 Admission Procedure
If a seat is allotted to the candidate, they will have to report to the college which is allotted to confirm the seat. Punjab JET Admission Procedure will be in the month of June 2021. Qualified candidates must bring original documents & deposit fee. In case of verification & submission process, students must bring photocopies as well as original documents at the time of admission. Given below are the documents to be submitted:
- Qualification mark sheet
- Character certificate (from last attended institution)
- Date of Birth (Matriculation certificate)
- Domicile certificate
- Certificate in support to claim reserved category