Citizens of Punjab who belong to economically weaker sections of the society can apply for a smart ration card. A ration card is designated as a government-approved document that allows citizens to purchase essential commodities at subsidized rates and also be eligible to avail of various government schemes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Punjab Ration Card Eligibility
Following are the conditions required to fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should be a resident of Punjab
- Applicant should have a valid Aadhaar Card
- The family head should have a valid bank account in a recognized bank.
- A passport size photograph of the family should be produced by the candidate and some specific documents.
- Applicant should have only one ration card in his/her name.
- As per the AAY and PHH schemes, applicants should duly qualify for all the income slabs put down by the government.
How to Apply for Punjab Ration Card
Online modes for applying for the Punjab Ration card are currently not available. The government of Punjab is soon engaged in talks to make the online portal facility fully functional.
In the offline method, applicants can visit the EPDS Punjab Department office and request an application form. Fill in all details in the application form and submit it along with the necessary documents. A nominal fee is to be paid.
Following this process, an acknowledgement number shall be provided. After the application form submission, the form shall be processed, and if all details are found to be in order, then the ration card would be issued to the applicant within 15-20 days.
Documents Required for Punjab Ration Card
Following is the list of documents needed to apply for ration card
- Address proof such as Aadhaar card, utility bills, etc
If the applicant is living in a rented house, then the rent receipt needs to be produced.
- Surrender certificate, in case the applicant is moving from one town to the other.
- If the applicant is employed in a government or private firm, then a residence certificate and the total number of family members available should be produced.
- If the applicant is employed in registered industrial institutions, residence certificate and number of members by Institutional Head or Reporting Officer
- If the applicant is a student living in an urban area, residential address and education certificate.
- PAN Card
- Two recent passport size photographs – head of the family and the other of the full family to be provided.
How to Change name in Punjab Ration Card
Ration card holders can personally visit the EPDS Punjab Department Office and request a change in name in the application form. Enter all details in the application form and submit it. For changing your name, supporting documents should also be provided to act as proof. The form shall be processed by official authorities, and if the correct name is verified, then the cardholder should be able to receive the card with the correct name reflected on it.
How to Change address in Punjab Ration Card
Ration cardholders need to personally visit the EPDS Punjab Department office and request a change in the address through an application form. Fill in the new address details correctly and submit the form along with supportive documents. The new ration card with the new address reflected shall be delivered to the cardholder.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the prescribed age of the head of the family?
The head of the family must be compulsorily aged above 18 years and must also be the main earning member of the family.
2. What is the price chart of wheat?
The price chart of wheat is set as INR 2 per kg.
3. What quantity of pulses would be issued to each family?
A total quantity of 2.5 kg of pulses would be issued to each family.
Ration Card Related Articles