The essay is an independent, educational, and scientific student research. In writing this paper, students master the methods and gain the ability to conduct research. In addition, essay writing helps form the student’s creative thinking, test the skills of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting literature, and formulate conclusions and suggestions.
Successful essay writing depends on strict adherence to the basic requirements. These requirements relate primarily to the scientific level of the work, its content, structure, form of presentation of the material, and design. The teacher may not accept works in violation of state standards and established requirements. Inconsistencies in the design can significantly affect the final evaluation of the work. The student’s compliance with all the requirements for writing and design of the essay instills certain skills in conducting research, which will be useful in creating other types of papers.
All of the above points are important to gain the ability to complete an essay. However, this is not an as simple type of student paper as it may seem at first glance. Students often have difficulty in both essay writing and designing. Fortunately, today everyone can find someone to write a paper online. It is only necessary to pay the set price. The best writers work for an online company DoMyEssay. To get their help, you should visit the site and request, “Please, do an essay for me.” The high quality and reliability of writing services are guaranteed for everyone.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Requirements for Quotes & References in Essay Writing
A compulsory component of any scientific work is a scientific citation. It is essential to cite the source from which the materials or individual results are borrowed or the ideas and conclusions based on which the problems, tasks, issues to which the work is devoted are developed. Such links make it possible to find relevant sources, check the accuracy of citations, obtain the necessary information about these sources.
The use of references in essays is mandatory and is used in the following cases:
- When quoting fragments of text, formulas, tables, illustrations;
- When paraphrasing, non-verbal reproduction of a fragment of another’s text;
- When analyzing the content of other publications in the text;
- When referring to other publications where the material to be discussed is more complete.
The absence of a link is a copyright infringement, and an incorrect link is considered a serious error. All sources cited in the list of references must be indicated in the text of the paper.
Importance of Correct Citation in Student Papers
The importance of citation is in the need to demonstrate the breadth of research and interest in the publications of other authors, to confirm own arguments with statements from other sources. Text borrowed from other sources is used for this purpose.
Here are three main functions that quotes perform in essay writing:
- Places your work in context, creates dialogue;
- Pay tribute to the previous work that formed the basis of your research;
- Maintains the authenticity and accuracy of scientific literature.
List of Helpful Quotes You Can Use in Your Essay Writing
Below is a list of 30 quotes you can use in your essay writing:
- The simplest example is more convincing than the most eloquent sermon (Lucius Annec Seneca);
- It is not people who need rules, but rules need people (S. Dube);
- The one who is no longer able to serve as anything serves as a good example (Andre Siegfried);
- Take an example from your elders, while they behave approximately (Jerzy Leszczynski);
- The need to set a good example for your children robs middle-aged people of all pleasure (William Feder);
- Remember: sooner or later, your son will follow your example and not your advice (Pierre Corneille);
- An example is stronger than a threat (Pierre Corneille);
- Bad examples are stronger than good rules (Joey Locke);
- You only have one life. You have to live it as fully as possible (Jojo Moyes);
- When life is good, there is no need to argue about it (Ray Bradbury);
- There are moments in life that change us once and for all (Jeffrey Deaver);
- The reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The person who never reads experiences only one (George Martin);
- On our path in life, we will meet everyone who is destined to meet us (Charles Dickens);
- What is the sense of life? Serve others and do good (Aristotle);
- Those who illuminate the lives of others will not be left without light themselves (James Matthew Barry);
- In general, I live without hesitation, so I always have fun (Francis Scott Fitzgerald);
- An example is always more powerful than a sermon (Samuel Johnson);
- When it comes to budget, everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die (Jean Chrétien);
- Violating our duty, thereby we violate our rights (Jean-Jacques Rousseau);
- You cannot talk about the budget without knowing approximately the figures of its income and expenses (Theodor Herzl);
- Civilization road paved with tax receipts (Andrew McKenzie);
- If you know how to spend less than you get, then you have the Philosopher’s Stone (Benjamin Franklin);
- Only two incentives make people work: the thirst for wages and the fear of losing them (Henry Ford);
- There is no perfection in the world (Antoine de Saint-Exupery);
- You are forever responsible for the one you tamed (Antoine de Saint-Exupery);
- It’s good where we are not (Antoine de Saint-Exupery);
- All adults were children at first, only a few of them remember this (Antoine de Saint-Exupery);
- Live and learn (Lucius Annec Seneca);
- The end justifies the means (Ignatius de Loyola);
- Truth is in wine (Pliny the Elder).
Carefully study the compiled list of 30 quotes and choose the best one for your essay. Then, you will write an excellent paper!