You have always come across the questions like “Write an essay on Rainy Season”, “paragraph on Rainy Season”, “10 lines”, so your quest ends here. Here you will find the best samples essay on Rainy Season in English for class 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
Essay on Rainy Season 400 Words
The heat rips through,
The sky bright blue,
A little cloud comes looking for you.
More clouds come,
Their bodies bring rain,
Sing and dance
For it is cool again!
After a scorching heat of the summer season, rain makes us feel good, especially the heavenly fragrance of the wet mud! The rainy season is my favourite of all the seasons. Typically my town gets medium rainfall.
So it is the most delightful and exciting time of the year. My friends and I enjoy the stomping in the puddle and getting wet. I love the continuous pitter-patter of raindrops on the roof. It’s like nature is playing the drums.
Two years ago, during the rainy season, I was on my way to school, there was a light shower. But by the time I reached school, it started raining so heavily that water started entering the classrooms, which were on the ground floor. Our teacher had to cancel the exams.
Eventually, by the afternoon, the rain stopped. Our principal declared a five day holiday. The other children started jumping out of joy.
When I went home with a broad smile on my face, mom was waiting for me all worried. She hurried to wipe my wet hair and handed me a cup of hot chocolate. Soon, Dad too came back from his office, and we all were at ease.
It began raining heavily again at night along with lightning and thunderstorms. The power was gone, and we had our dinner in candlelight.
After dinner, we all talked about so many things. Mom and dad told me about their childhood memories of the rainy season. At bedtime, lightning struck nearby, and I went running to my parents all scared. Then, I snuggled in their blanket, feeling safe and cosy.
The next day, we came to know that the night before, a big tree in our area was struck by lightning. The rain continued for two days consecutively, ruining many things like lamp posts, trees, small huts.
This year, a new student has joined my class! Initially, he lived in the city, where it rained heavily every year. He loved the rain in the city for only the first week as it helps to cool down the atmosphere.
I was told that he hated being there because there was too much rain, which created chaos. In the mini flood, a lot of garbage floats because of the overflowing garbage bins. Now, he says that he is happy to live here in town, away from the busy city life.
No amount of money can buy that joy and happiness. Here in town, it feels like rain washes away all of the sadness and makes the town look fresh.
In India, many states like Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, West Bengal, Kerala gets the highest rainfall. The people of the Indian subcontinent refer to rainy season as ‘monsoon’.
India gets rain around four months in a year from June to September or October. The timings and duration of the rainy season could be different in different parts of the world according to their geographical location.
At some places like tropical rain forests or countries like Columbia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore etc. rain occurs throughout the year.
On the other hand places like deserts receive very little rainfall. However, Antarctica gets zero rainfall. In most countries, rain is essential for crop cultivation.
Monsoon season is vital in India. Agriculture is the largest source of livelihoods in the country, and rural households still depend primarily on agriculture for their means of living. Therefore, the rainy season plays an essential role in survival. No or very little rain can cause a drought.
Also, the rainy season is essential to maintain groundwater levels. All the living and non-living things directly or indirectly depend upon natural water and rainy season provides that water all year round.
Nowadays, not only in villages but many residential societies in the cities do rainwater harvesting. They collect, filter and store the rainwater by different methods and use this saved water for household use, gardens etc. It can also be used to raise the groundwater level and improve its quality.
I think it’s an integral part of life on earth. I look forward to it every year!
10 Lines Essay on Rainy Season
- The rainy season in India approximately begins in June and ends in September.
- Rainy season is greatly welcomed by people of all ages, mainly children, because they can play in the rain and see rainbows in the sky.
- The weather during the rainy season is pleasant because of the cool air and fresh wind.
- Because of the rains, the surrounding greenery becomes fresher, and the air becomes more fragrant.
- However, the rains can also cause flooding in a lot of areas, which can deal a lot of damage to human life and property.
- People should always be careful in the rainy season as various diseases spread around much faster due to collecting of water in unhygienic locations.
- While playing in the rain seems like a lot of fun, it is important to remember that air pollution creates a lot of impurities which mix with the rainwater.
- This rain is referred to as acid rain and can be unhealthy to humans and also damage property.
- Nevertheless, the rainy season is very important, especially to farmers and their crops.
- Rain also makes the environment much more scenic as we get to see peacocks dance and birds chirp with happiness.