RPSC is the full form of Rajasthan Public Service Commission, which conducts examinations for various posts of the RAS (Rajasthan Administrative Services). The examination is conducted in a three tier process, namely the prelims, mains, and the interview sections. A candidate who clears the prelims gets eligibility for the mains and further, if successful in that round, will be called in for the interview. IF he is selected in the interview, then he will be shortlisted.
To apply for the RPSC RAS exam, the candidate has first to check whether he satisfies the eligibility conditions and apply online before the due date. Candidates have to pay the requisite fee and submit the application before the deadline. Soon after, candidates will receive the admit card if they are found eligible to take up the exam. Then the candidate can write the exam on the given date at the given center.
In this article, we give you the full details of the RAS Exam 2020 notification that includes exam dates, application process, fees, eligibility conditions, syllabus and preparation tips to help you smoothly go through the process. Check the below sections to get a comprehensive view of every detail about the exam.
RPSC RAS 2020 – Exam Dates
The Rajasthan Public service commission conducts the RAS Exam, a government commission to recruit candidates across various vacant positions in the government administration. Below, we list some of the important details that will help a candidate to apply for the exam.
|Release of official gazette notification||1st week of April, 2020|
|Online Commencement for application submission||End of 2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit completed application forms||1st week of May, 2020|
|Last date to Pay prescribed Fee||End of 2nd week of May, 2020|
|Admit card issue date||June 2020 ( Tentative)|
|Prelims examination||June/July 2020 ( Tentative)|
|Declaration of Results||September 2020 ( Tentative)|
RPSC Online Application Form 2020
Please visit the official website to download the concerned application form to apply for RPSC 2020. Candidates need to follow the steps to apply for the exam, and any step went wrong while applying may lead to the cancellation of application in later stages.
Please download the RAS (PCS) application form available for download on the official site. Once downloaded, fill the online form correctly. You will be asked to key in a lot of personal details like name, address, age, category, address with a phone number, educational qualifications, etc. The entire process is given in a stepwise manner below; please follow the same:
- Visit the official website of RPSC – https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Register yourself on the website with correct login details.
- After registration, login to the website with the correct details.
- Click on the online RAS (PCS) application form.
- Complete the application form with relevant details that are supported by authorized documents.
- Cross check all the details.
- Check for the relevant fees and make payment and enter the same in the application form wherever asked.
- Upload documents scanned the latest photographs and scanned the signature of the candidate.
- Submit your application form after verifying all entries.
- Please note down the reference number for future use.
- You can also save the submitted application form in pdf format for any further references if any.
Are you aspiring to attempt UPSC examination? Read this article: UPSC Exam.
RPSC Application Fees
Candidates have to pay the prescribed examination fees to the commission to be able to take up the examination. Some noteworthy points related to application fees are mentioned below:
- Fees to be paid in online and offline modes.
- Different categories have different fee structures.
- For SC/ST the prescribed fee is INR 150/-
- For OBC and special backward classes of non-creamy layer, the fees prescribed is 250/-
- For physically disabled candidates, the fee is INR 150/-
- For the general merit candidates and those belonging to backward classes of creamy layer, the fees to be paid is INR 350/-
Fees can be paid in two modes, and we explain them here:
- In the online mode, the candidate can deposit the prescribed fee structure through internet banking or with the use of debit or credit cards.
- In the offline mode, the candidate can pay his prescribed fee in one of the recognized SBI branches and get a challan as an acknowledgment. This SBI Challan number can then be entered in the online application form.
RPSC Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria and other associated information in full detail are available on the home page of the RPSC official website. Candidates can browse through the section – candidate information and click on the exam dashboard to select the relevant exam and fetch all details. The following section explains the eligibility criteria for candidates based on different parameters.
- Only citizens of India can apply.
- Candidates must have completed graduation from any university or affiliated university to UGC and recognized by the government of India.
- Only those candidates can apply whose age is between the ranges of 21 years to 40 years.
- Reserved category candidates can avail relaxation in the upper age limit specified.
- There will be different age relaxations for male and female candidates.
- For male candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, the upper age relaxation will be 5 years.
- For female candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, upper age relaxation would be till 10 years.
- Candidates from Backward classes can get an age relaxation of 13 years.
- For candidates belonging to PWD (Persons with a disability), age relaxation numbers are different. For general merit candidates, it is 10 years, and for those belonging to SC/ST, it is 15 years.
- RPSC has waived off the age bar for female candidates who are widows or are legally divorced from their husbands.
Number of attempts
There is no specific restriction mentioned in the RPSC official website on the number of attempts a candidate can attempt the RAS exam. Confirming to the eligibility criteria and the age relaxation standards is the primary Performa in this state service.
RPSC RAS Admit Card 2020
The tentative date when the admit card will be available for download is around June 2020.
- Candidates can download admit card from the official RPSC website – https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Candidates have to log in to the official website from time to time to check if their admit card is available for download. Once you have registered on the site, you have to remember the login details every time you want to check any specific particulars. General information is available even without logging in.
- The admit card contains general and particular necessary details about the candidate like full name, address, registration number, venue details, etc.
- Candidates are advised to carry an additional photocopy of the admit card and save them for future use too.
- Every candidate must compulsorily carry the admit card to the examination hall without fail. Without the admit card, a student may be disqualified or may not be allowed to take up the examination by the authorities. The decision of the examination authorities will be final and binding.
How to download RPSC RAS 2020 Admit card
- Candidates should visit the official RPSC website – https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Login with your details. Enter correct captcha code, if any.
- Check the section called ‘Important Links’ on the left hand section of the homepage.
- Click the ‘Admit card link page’ link, which will allow you to download the admit card for RPSC 2020.
- Once your admit card opens, check for the correctness of all details.
- In case of discrepancies, immediately contact the helpline numbers displayed on the website.
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern
RPSC 2020 comprises three stages of examination – the prelims, mains, and the final round of interview.
- There will be a total of two papers.
- The exam carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- Questions are fully objective
- The time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Those candidates who qualify in the prelims will be selected for the main examination.
- Totally four papers in the main examination
- The first three papers are dedicated to General studies.
- Each paper of general studies carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- Each paper is for a maximum duration of 3 hours.
- The last paper is General Hindi and General English. Both of them are again for a maximum of 200 marks.
Those candidates who attain the marks above the cut off range in the main examination will be eligible to attend the interview.
- A panel of interviewers will conduct an interview through an interactive session.
- It is an oral assessment test for personality, communication skills, and many more areas.
RPSC RAS Syllabus
After familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern of RPSC 2020, we will now move to the most important part of the article – the syllabus of the exam. Though there will be no significant changes and modifications in the prescribed syllabus, we can expect slight overruns. Here we will discuss the brief syllabus for all phases of the exam:
The following topics find good coverage in RPSC 2020 prelims examination, this is just suggestive and there are many more topics that the candidate needs to put his focus on:
- Basic knowledge of subjects.
- Local Rajasthan news that are currently drawing interest in the media.
- History and geography of ancient, medieval and modern India.
- History and geography of Rajasthan state in particular and depth.
- Indian politics, economic development at macro and micro levels and policy formation by government.
- Major international developments taking place in India and how they are beneficial to the countrymen.
- General and logical reasoning, data interpretation, math ability and analytics.
- E-governance initiatives by Rajasthan government.
- Public health measures, welfare of women and children.
Current affairs and general knowledge
- Current events of local, national and international importance.
- Important establishments and government units involved in these events.
- Organizations and institutions that have made their mark and created reputational milestones in the growing business space of the country.
- Significant and famed personalities.
Science and Technology
- Elementary knowledge and understanding of basic and working science concepts and principles.
- Technology based questions and latest developments spanning electronics and telecommunications, space science, internet and mobile technologies, etc.
- Topological features of the state like major rivers, crops, type of soil, etc
- Physical features related to geography like major oceans, rivers, continents, land masses, rock beds, countries, valleys, mountain ranges and many more.
- Information on earth’s structural features like the lava, crust and layers of earth.
- Different types of climate variations, vegetations, types of forests, types of soils etc
- Ecology, wildlife and energy conservation.
- Natural resources of India and Rajasthan in particular.
- Desert lands of Rajasthan and their topology in detail.
- Ancient and medieval history of India.
- Independence struggle and partition crisis.
- Evolution of cultural history in India.
- Famous freedom fighters.
- Political rising and inert relation with freedom movement.
- Language developments, rise and development of literature, art forms and socio-cultural religious practices.
Economic development and agriculture
- Food crops and commercial crops of India and Rajasthan in particular.
- Types of soil found in India.
- Farming practices and scientific growth in livestock practices.
- Growth and decline of rupee in recent years.
- Demonetization and post-demonetization effects and remedies.
- Population of Rajasthan.
- Folk background, cultures, occupations, small scale and large scale industries in India.
- Major irrigation projects in Rajasthan etc
- For the interview round, there is no fixed format or structure of syllabus that is prescribed.
- The duration of the interview depends on the panel of interviewers.
- Candidates are advised to present good communication skills, good verbal communication and effective speech skills.
- Candidates should be role-ready when presenting themselves in the interview. Effective and practical display of abilities in administrative roles and duties will send a better edge to the candidate’s performance
- Stay ahead in current affairs and understand your specializations and chosen preferences in detail.
RPSC RAS Cut-off
- Lakhs of students attempt the RPSC examination every year, and hence, the cut off for every stage of the examination varies every year too.
- The cut-off percentage for the exam is decided by the RPSC committee, depending on several factors like the number of vacancies in every post, the number of candidates applied in total, etc. The toughness of the exam is also a deciding factor to set the cut-off. If more number of students have performed extremely well in the exam, then a higher cut off can be expected.
- The cut off percentage also varies for different categories.
Results will be announced on the official website, and the first set of results for the prelims exam conducted for RPSC 2020 can be tentatively expected by September 2020.
- The result of candidates after completion of every stage of the exam will be available on the official website. Kindly check the official site from time to time for any updates and the latest information on the same.
- Results are obtained after prelims, mains, and final result is announced after the interview and personality test round. Candidates will be shortlisted after the final round.
Here are the steps to view your marks and download your mark sheet:
- On the home page, click on the candidate information section.
- Traverse down and click on the results tab.
- Select the appropriate exam year and correct the exam name.
- Enter appropriate candidate details.
- Fetch your mark sheet to view your marks.
The exact number of vacancies for every post in RPSC recruitment will be notified soon on the official website.
- Naib Tehsildar
- Judicial Service Examination
- Forest / Rangers Grade-I Officer
- Junior Accountant / Tehsil & Revenue
- Sub-Inspector of Police Combined
- Motor Vehicle Sub-Inspector
- Legal Assistant
- Lower Division Clerk
- Assistant Jailor
- Labour Welfare Officer & Labour Inspector
- Legal Draftsman
How to Prepare for RPSC RAS Exam?
Every exam requires the application of its own set of tips and methods to emerge successfully and get a very good ranking.
Here we present some of the handy tips that can be applied for the examination:
- Students should never begin preparation without fully understanding what the complete syllabus is.
- Customize your preparation on par with the examination you are going to attempt. Refer to previous year papers to get a foothold of how questions would be asked, what kind of questions can be anticipated, the nature of toughness, and the variety of questions and lastly assess the difficulty level.
- Good notes for studies are a true asset. Keep the syllabus in hand and organize your notes accordingly.
- Don’t go with the popular choice of books. You must choose standard books that will serve your purpose. Do not get overwhelmed with the huge list of books. Stick to those that will help you understand the syllabus and get a high score in the exam.
- Develop the habit of reading at least two newspapers every day. One could be a national daily; others could be the standard local Rajasthan newspaper. It’s important to stay abreast of current affairs, both local and national.
- Practice comprehensive answer writing; get your answers evaluated by peers who can guide you well on your writing. Write understandable and elaborate answers mentioning all the details that are expected in the answer.
- Keep good practice through regular mock test series.
- Acquaint yourself thoroughly with the regional maps of Rajasthan. Also, you have to go in-depth with the history, geography, scientific touch, culture, languages, physical and topological variations, important festivals, fairs, population details, etc., all concerned with the land of Rajasthan.
- Attend good coaching classes if necessary.
Best books for RPSC
RPSC 2020 helps candidates get an entry into the administrative services of the state of Rajasthan. Many candidates prefer going to coaching for their studies. Apart from coaching, it is also essential to do self-studies with the best books that are considered standard for a particular subject.
Candidates usually pile up a heap of books for every subject who will only lead them to confusion and not knowing which book to refer for the relevant subject. To avoid chaos, keep the syllabus ready and note down the prescribed books that are suggested and standard in nature to cover that particular subject/topic in the required depth. Stick to this for the entire examination and do not change books from time to time.
Below we present the list for various subjects in RPSC
For general Studies paper in the Prelims exam, refer these books
- Daily newspapers like The Hindu, Rajasthan Patrika, and Dainik Jagaran.
- Periodical magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan, Kurukshetra and Yojana.
- Booklet by Information and Broadcasting division of government of Rajasthan.
- India Year Book by Malayala Manorama
- Quantitative Aptitude and General Reasoning By R S Agarwal
For the mains exam, refer the following books and more:
Paper – 1 ( General Studies paper – History and Economics)
- History of Rajasthan by Dr. Gopichand Sharma
- History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- India’s struggle for independence by Bipin Chandra
- History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra.
- Art and Culture of Rajasthan by Jaisingh Neeraj.
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Economy of Rajasthan by Lakshminarayan Nathuramka
Paper 2 ( General Studies)
- World Geography by Majid Hussain
- You can refer to Rajasthan’s geographical studies in details in the book authored by L R Bhalla and Harimohan Saxena
- The book authored by Mr. Ojha on geological studies and environment is also a must read book.
Paper 3 ( General Studies)
- Indian polity by M Laxmikanth
- Public administration and management by M. Laxmikanth
Paper 4 ( Hindi and English papers)
- Book on Hindi by Dr. Raghav Prakash
- Objective general English by S P Bakshi
Also, Read Other State Civil Services 2020 Articles
|MPSC Exam||UPPSC Exam||GPSC Exam|
|JPSC||WBPSC Exam||BPSC Exam|
|RPSC Exam||TNPSC Exam||Meghalaya PSC|
|MPSC Manipur||KPSC Exam||Kerala PSC|
|APPSC Exam||Arunachal Pradesh PSC|