The Department of School Education under the government of Chhattisgarh conducts admissions for schools under the RTE quota. The state aims to provide education and spread literacy amongst the greater population. The government also aims to increase the enrolment of students into schools. At the same time, the retention of students in higher classes and avoiding dropout rates is a major challenge to the government. Be it the higher expenses associated with education or the inability to reach out to premier facilities in select schools; education is a big challenge among certain classes in the state. For the same reason, the state government has taken solid measures to encourage more number of students to get admission into basic education.
This article describes in detail about key dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, documents required, selection procedure after application submission, a procedure to check results, FAQs and important information on contact details. The official website where candidates can look out for updates on RTE Chhattisgarh is www.eduportal.cg.nic.in
RTE Chhattisgarh 2020 – Key Dates
The first and foremost section gives details about important dates and timelines. The formal application process for RTE Chhattisgarh began in the first week of March 2020. The deadline for submission of applications was over by the second week of April. 15th April 2020 was the last date to submit online applications. All candidates should note the further dates and notifications for announcement and selection to further procedures. Not keeping up with the dates shall not be entertained. Extension for any services shall not be executed whatsoever.
RTE CG 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
The common eligibility conditions laid down by the central stipulations w.r.t RTE act hold good for state admissions as well. However, every state specifies its own ground rules/conditions that apply for candidates applying for schools belonging to the state. These are the conditions or eligibility criteria that are specified for candidates who are interested in applying for RTE Chhattisgarh for the year 2020-2021:
- The age group of the candidates should be between 6 and 14 years.
- Candidates who wish to apply for primary education admission shall apply.
- Candidate and his parents should be permanent residents of Chhattisgarh.
- Annual income of parents must be less than INR 2 lakhs.
- Candidates must belong to the economically poorer sections or socially backward classes like SC/ST/OBC.
RTE CG Application Process 2020 – How to Apply Online?
Candidates must keenly go through the application process before going ahead to apply for admissions to RTE CG 2020-2021. Guidelines and instructions should be carefully noted down and followed. Candidates need to keep all documents ready before filling up the form. Application forms should be error-free. Requests to change corrections at a later date shall not be entertained. Here is the step-wise application process described below:
- Visit the official portal of RTE Chhattisgarh and click on “Online application for the year 2020-2021”.
- The first part of the application process is candidate registration.
- Basic details of the candidate need to be provided for registration.
- Parents have to enter your mobile number and e-mail ID.
- Ensure correctness of registered information. The applicant ID and password shall be later sent to the above furnished contact information.
- Now, move on to the application form section.
- Provide further details like parents’ income, educational details, etc.
- Now it’s time to upload candidate photograph and other requisite documents.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print out of the submitted application form.
Documents Required For RTE CG 2020-21
Parents are required to keep documents scanned in the right format and size before starting off the application. The entire application process needs to be finished in one sitting. Hence, ensure that you follow the guidelines seriously. Now, in this section, we present the list of required documents:
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Income certificate of parents
- Caste certificate of parents
- Domicile certificate of parents
- Passport size photo
- Proof of residence
- ID proof of parents issued by government authorities.
RTE Chhattisgarh Selection/Allotment Process
The online portal is the one-stop reference portal for all updates and the latest news regarding RTE Chhattisgarh admission 2020-2021. All private schools are hereby requested to provide a 25% reservation of seats for the underprivileged children. After going through the eligibility conditions, candidates shall apply on the official portal.
Soon after online application submission, parents shall receive an SMS/acknowledgement message rendering registration or application ID along with password details. Make sure you upload all documents in the right format.
An online lottery system shall be conducted for all applications matching details with the specified eligibility criteria. Shortlisted applicants shall be notified to report to the allotted school for further admission process. In this regard, candidates need to visit the allotted school at the assigned date and time.
Carry a print out of the submitted application form and all documents in originals. Documents are only for verification purpose by officials. They would be returned as soon as they are checked thoroughly. Complete further admission formalities if any.
RTE Chhattisgarh Results
All applicants who apply on the online portal seeking admissions for RTE Chhattisgarh shall be curious to find out if their name appears in the final list. Here are the steps to find out the result for RTE Chhattisgarh 2020-2021:
- Visit the official portal of Chhattisgarh RTE.
- Click on nodal login.
- Enter your registered ID and password correctly.
- Hit the submit button.
- Candidates can check their respective “Lottery result”.
- Now, you can click on the application status tab.
- Enter your date of birth and registration ID.
- Your application status shall quickly appear on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the conducting authority for RTE Chhattisgarh admissions for the year 2020-2021?
The department of school education, the government of Chhattisgarh, conducts admissions under RTE quota for private schools for the year 2020-2021.
- How to raise a complaint on the official portal of Chhattisgarh RTE?
Visit the official portal. Go to the “Grievances” section. Provide your mobile number and e-mail ID. Enter your complaint in plain text format. Submit your complaint and save your ticket number to track it till it gets solved.
- What are some of the details to be kept ready while filling up the RTE CG Online application form?
Salary of parents, Aadhaar card details, age details, selection of school in the vicinity based on distance criteria are some of the required details while filling up an application form.
- How do candidates receive the registration ID for future references?
Parents need to furnish mobile number and e-mail ID during registration. An SMS shall be sent to the contact number provided providing the registration ID and password.
- What is the official website to be referenced for all purposes of application and RTE CG admission 2020?
www.eduportal.cg.nic.in is the official portal of Chhattisgarh RTE.
In case of any queries regarding admissions/ application submissions/ complaints etc., contact the below details for more information:
E-mail at: [email protected]